It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. lifts sanctions against Russian firms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Oh no it happened !!

The U.S. Treasury has lifted some sanctions on some Russian companies !!

The ones involved are tied to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, a known Putin ally !!

But thecatch is Deripaska is required to liquidate most of his stock ownership and all of his "control".

And the companies will submit to heavy auditing and will have some American and European people on the Boards of Directors.

And Deripaska himself is still "sanctioned" 😮

U.S. lifts sanctions against Russian firms tied to oligarch Oleg Deripaska, a Putin ally

The following is a news release from the U.S. Department of the Treasury:

The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) today lifted sanctions imposed on En+ Group plc (“En+”), UC Rusal plc (“Rusal”), and JSC EuroSibEnergo (“ESE”), following an earlier notification submitted to Congress on December 19, 2018.

Under the terms of their removal from OFAC’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (“SDN List”), En+, Rusal, and ESE have reduced Oleg Deripaska’s direct and indirect shareholding stake in these companies and severed his control. This action ensures that the majority of directors on the En+ and Rusal boards will be independent directors – including U.S. and European persons – who have no business, professional, or family ties to Deripaska or any other SDN, and that independent U.S. persons vote a significant bloc of the shares of En+.

"time for cuban cigars!"

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No need to hurt good Russian employees because their employer/owner is a crook.
edit on 1/27/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I know it is just a little bit but aren't we suppose to be tough on Russia?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Rut Ro Raggy.

NOW it's going to be US Treasury/Russian collision!!!

Time for an investigation!!!

Trump HAS to be involved!!!

Let's see how this is spun... LOL

S&F

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

A Russian company is not Russia, much like Wal-Mart isn't the USA.

It will be spun as something bad though.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Trump serving his Master Putin. What a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

So Trump is the US Treasury now?

Here's a trophy for the first person on the thread going but but TrumP!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

These are the same sanctions that the president had for week, and or months before he finally signed them.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

These are the same sanctions that the president had for week, and or months before he finally signed them.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I still wish you would read more than a CNN headline.

These are sanctions put on the company by The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and have nothing to do with sanctions against Russia (it's a country, you know.)

OFAC is now lifting them, with conditions.

Hasn't anything to do with the economic sanctions against Russia (the country, not a Russian company.)

Which is good, since Oleg Deripaska has deep ties with Hillary Clinton.

edit on 27-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Deripaska?

You mean the Deripaska that the CIA and FBI were trying to get to help us in Iran and in Russia?

Sept. 1, 2018
WASHINGTON — In the estimation of American officials, Oleg V. Deripaska, a Russian oligarch with close ties to the Kremlin, has faced credible accusations of extortion, bribery and even murder.

They also thought he might make a good source.

Between 2014 and 2016, the F.B.I. and the Justice Department unsuccessfully tried to turn Mr. Deripaska into an informant.

From the Pro Trump NYT

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Deep State implants continuing the smear tactics 😎

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Shocking Blue !!!!!

😨

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Gets deeper....

A leaked transcript of DOJ official Bruce Ohr’s congressional testimony reveals new details about his interactions with dossier author Christopher Steele.
Ohr told lawmakers that Steele informed him during a meeting in July 2016 about an investigation that a lawyer for Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska was conducting into Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s business dealings.
The revelation suggests a link between Steele and Deripaska, an aluminum magnate allied with Vladimir Putin.

Christopher Steele and Oligarch

Or just for fun google Oleg Deripaska Clinton foundation... that rabbithole will take you a week to sort out.

Although you can start here...

There is no sign of Deripaska, his companies, Waldman, or the Endeavor firm on the lists of donors the Clinton Foundation has released. However, Magna International, Deripaska’s frontman in the deal, is recorded as giving the Clinton Foundation between $500,000 and $1 million.

Involved article with links

edit on 27-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Why be tough on the country that Democrats blame for taking advantage of their dull minds, thereby allowing Donald Trump to beat Hillary Clinton?

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why be tough on the country that Democrats blame for taking advantage of their dull minds, thereby allowing Donald Trump to beat Hillary Clinton?

They took advantage of people who voted for Trump, flipping the ones who would have usually voted Dem... That's how he won. At least that is how I see it. I get what you mean though, dull minds are easily manipulated.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

But , he did sign the sanctions
Ever wonder why it took a while ?
Rather than rush into something without reading (as some ^^^^^do) , a President must read, consider , and weigh out those decisions (as some dont ^^^^)

So what we have now is the Treasury Dept backing off some that they feel are not needed .

Denying Ignorance
Why ?
The moon is waning .

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They took advantage of people who voted for Trump, flipping the ones who would have usually voted Dem... That's how he won. At least that is how I see it. I get what you mean though, dull minds are easily manipulated.

It's to bad the data does not support the way you see it.

pdf link

Specifically, we find that approximately one in four Americans visited a fake news website, but
that consumption was disproportionately observed among Trump supporters for whom its largely
pro-Trump content was attitude-consistent. However, this pattern of selective exposure was heavily
concentrated among a small subset of people — almost six in ten visits to fake news websites came
from the 10% of Americans with the most conservative information diets.

Based on the real reasurch; the pro-trump fake news generated by the Russians was consumed primarily by Americans with the most conservative information diets.

Clearly not people who usually voted Dem.
edit on 27-1-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Its a loose end they couldn't cover up.

When we see the full scope of this out in the public, it's not going to be pretty for a lot of people

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Bout time.

Always opposed the Western Sanctions on Russia, I don't think the Ukrainian Nazi Regime deserves our aid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join