It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Won't Shop At Costco Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

we got one in kalispell, lol the Canadians love it . the adds on mobile are terrible from when i was away from my pc i could barely read ats with all the popups

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Costco pays the best wages in my town.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The redirecting pop-up ads kept happening every 3 minutes. It was only with this website though. I had tried to do every trick in the book... everything ATS had to say. Finally downloaded a different browser for my phone. Works wonders and no more pop-ups. Try duck duck go.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I live in Costco and I shop at Montana, Are you sure you live here and don’t know what that is?a reply to: Lumenari

edit on 26-1-2019 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2019 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
I live in Costco and I shop at Montana, Are you sure you live here and don’t know what that is?a reply to: Lumenari

lol
they ARE the same size, so why not?

Gas is 50 cents cheaper there than your typical gas stations. I'm ok with that
There are certain items I buy, I target those and ignore that flashy stuff up front near the entrance.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: iplay1up2

What's a Costco?

Sorry... live in Montana.

It's a wholesale club like Sam's Club.

What's a Sam's Club?

Sorry.. I live in Montana.

Costco is a huge store with bulk items you buy for a discount price. Like a massive Target or Walmart.

I'm sorry... I was being sarcastic.

I left the real world to live in Montana to get away from all that.

The only thing I buy in bulk is toilet paper, which I buy on Amazon so it comes to my door. Once a year.

Bulk items for me is what I can and put in the root cellar in the fall.

If Costco and Sam's club is a big thing for people then they have lost their way.

Okay. I order a lot of my stuff on the internet, but you must have some mad ass storage space if you can store a year of toilet paper. I own 5 acres and have a 20×30 shop and I'm still not not sure I could estimate my TP usage for a year and store it. You are a real superhero if you can plan your #s that well. Can you give me that equation because I love buying in bulk. Do you usually make it a year? Is your estimate accurate?

I'm not trolling. I'm being sincere. I'd love to order tp once a year.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Lol! that is funny

I guess... keep track of an average month, times that by 12, then add two 12 packs to be sure?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Bone75
The ad that makes me close the browser on my phone and reload ATS... I'm sick of it.

In fact, I'm so sick of it that in addition to never shopping at Costco again,

ATS can just wait until I get home at night to grace you with my presence.

Rant over.

I click once if I get 'em...I did see that one recently....in the open tabs, I clicked the x and current ATS page still there underneath. One click -2 secs...it was gone and not returned since. Sorry

The one I'm talking about redirects your current tab to one of those 'Today's your lucky day Sucker!' pages, and of course the back button is disabled. So I have to close the tab, reopen ATS, and navigate back to where I was.

Unacceptable.

Yep I have the same problem a lot of times. It's a real pain in the ass. I was going to make a thread about it and I wondered if other people were getting the same problem. Mine is sometimes Amazon or Walmart. But I dont think its from Amazon or Walmart.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Lol, is that for real??

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Dang! You must live in Montana!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Well, okay then.
I guess we will just have to wait till you get home.
...we’re waiting...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I call Costco 'the zoo' and no longer shop there.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

If Costco...is a big thing for people then they have lost their way.

They don't even have shopping carts there. You have to load up on these.

Puts a whole new perspective on the word "consumer" in America.

Consuming isn't a contest that has a winner for the most consumed.

Costco is also for people who are economically smart.

The bulk and price difference can save you thousands a year.

Mark up in pharmacies and other stores are high in comparison.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

What's a Costco?

What's a Sam's Club?

Costco is a huge store with bulk items you buy for a discount price. Like a massive Target or Walmart.

The only thing I buy in bulk is toilet paper, which I buy on Amazon so it comes to my door. Once a year.

If Costco and Sam's club is a big thing for people then they have lost their way.

Okay. I order a lot of my stuff on the internet, but you must have some mad ass storage space if you can store a year of toilet paper. I own 5 acres and have a 20×30 shop and I'm still not not sure I could estimate my TP usage for a year and store it. You are a real superhero if you can plan your #s that well. Can you give me that equation because I love buying in bulk. Do you usually make it a year? Is your estimate accurate?

The equation is simple math....what I was buying in bottled water, paper goods, soup, detergent and cereal a month at target, Walmart and pharmacies was much higher then when I joined Costco.

I was saving money every month and the products were lasting longer since they were double the size of any other store.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First, to not shop at Costco because you got an ad you don't like makes no sense. Second, to complain about Costco because it's big or because it's the "worst of consumerism" is stupid. The fact is Costco has some very good prices and if you are shopping for a large family it's an economical place to shop. further, they treat their employees very well and have a living wage. Or do you guys just like to complain for the hell of it? Frankly, I do not shop there. Why not? Because I don't buy enough at a time to make it worthwhile. But it doesn't take a genius to see that Costco provides an excellent value for many shoppers.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
First, to not shop at Costco because you got an ad you don't like makes no sense. Second, to complain about Costco because it's big or because it's the "worst of consumerism" is stupid. The fact is Costco has some very good prices and if you are shopping for a large family it's an economical place to shop. further, they treat their employees very well and have a living wage. Or do you guys just like to complain for the hell of it? Frankly, I do not shop there. Why not? Because I don't buy enough at a time to make it worthwhile. But it doesn't take a genius to see that Costco provides an excellent value for many shoppers.

I don't shop at Costco for anything except pet-medication. Their pharmacy (at least in their Seattle location) has the best prices on prescription animal medication anywhere. And, you don't have to buy it in a 25 gallon drum.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
The redirecting pop-up ads kept happening every 3 minutes. It was only with this website though. I had tried to do every trick in the book... everything ATS had to say. Finally downloaded a different browser for my phone. Works wonders and no more pop-ups. Try duck duck go.

I've had the same issues only when logged in to ATS and only ATS. Very frustrating.
I have taken your advice on the Duckduckgo.com......it's THE SH!T.
We're besties now, whether you like it or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sam's Club is like Walmart on roids.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

What's a Costco?

What's a Sam's Club?

For the wife and I (with occasional people over, parties, etc) we buy 96 rolls a year.

Sometimes we are off a 12 pack, sometimes over.

Doesn't take a lot of space, actually.

It's 4 24 packs.

edit on 26-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis

You live in Costco and shop at Montana and you are wondering if I live in.... Costco?

LOL.

As explained, I was being sarcastic... I don't like a town of over a few hundred people so I just never go to them if I can help it.

Closest big town to me (Sand Point) is almost 100 miles away and I like it that way.

edit on 26-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join