It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration officer sacked for meddling terrorist list.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Immigration officer fired after putting wife on list of terrorists to stop her flying home From holiday.

The UK Border Agency official was fired for gross misconduct, having placed his wife's name on a list of people not allowed into Britain
An immigration officer tried to rid himself of his wife by adding her name to a list of terrorist suspects.

He used his access to security databases to include his wife on a watch list of people banned from boarding flights into Britain because their presence in the country is 'not conducive to the public good'.

As a result the woman was unable for three years to return from Pakistan after travelling to the county to visit family.

The tampering went undetected until the immigration officer was selected for promotion and his wife name was found on the suspects' list during a vetting inquiry.

The Home Office confirmed today that the officer has been sacked for gross misconduct.He is understood to have worked at the Agency's headquarters at Lunar House in Croydon, South London.

His wife visited family in Pakistan but when she tried to return to Britain she was not allowed onto the aircraft. Airline and immigration officials refused to explain to her why. She was forced to remain in Pakistan for three years until her husband's manipulation of the suspect list came to light.
He is understood to have applied for a promotion that would have meant a higher level of security clearance.
During the vetting process the name of his wife was discovered on the suspect list, to the surprise of security staff.
When questioned, the officer confessed to his alteration of the lists and was sacked.

www.dailyfail.co.uk...

edit on 22-1-2019 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Looking at his coat I'd guess he liked cross-dressing?
Austin Powers he ain't baby.
His wife doesn't look Pakistani though - is it that easy to bar a citizen from returning?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Makes one wonder if its just as easy for the opposite to happen; remove a name from the list if it is so desired.

This guy should be rotting in prison, not just lose his job.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
His wife doesn't look Pakistani though - is it that easy to bar a citizen from returning?

Lol..

Dude,, if you ever come out of that cave.. you probably think you hit the warm hole and went to the future.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Makes one wonder if its just as easy for the opposite to happen; remove a name from the list if it is so desired.

This guy should be rotting in prison, not just lose his job.

Yes agreed. This should be treated as serious crime. I bet they just laughed it off.

Ps.. sort your fear/mental issues mate. You will naver have peace. How old are you btw. How many years you think you have untill you leave this earth?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
They should send him on a way ticket to North Korea.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
They should send him on a way ticket to North Korea.

Probably get a honourable citizenship. And employed as kims main advisor.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

A very evil side of me kinda smirks at this story, damn that's low but in the moment I can kinda see why he would go there...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

So im guessing this was cheaper than a divorce? Well short term anyway became very expensive now that he lost his job. I find it odd he even had the clearance to add people to a list. you would think that was handled by people well above his pay grade.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You know, the amorality of the man aside, I really feel I must come to his defence on the subject of his coat. Its not the colour I would have chosen myself, but in terms of its cut and style, I must say that its a decent enough piece. Mens fashion in this country, in this era, is an appalling mess. Its either absent all shape, elegance or flow, or so indulgently foppish and flimsy that it offends good taste entirely. There was a time, not all that long ago in the grand scheme of things, where a fellow would be expected to bedeck himself in a fashion which permitted a certain aspect of manly grace. I do wish that era, with regard to fashion, had not quite become a thing of antiquity to the degree that it has.

However, on the subject at hand... What a rotten, cowardly thing to do! Surely, if the man had a marital problem, he should have dealt with it up front and sought divorce from his wife, not prevented her returning to the country! What an absolute scum bag. I do hope that this man will be facing not only the loss of his income, but criminal proceedings related to the manner in which he abused his power, and the effects of that abuse, namely the effectively three year exile he imposed on his wife.

Also, Asktheanimals, ever since the beginning of the War on Terror, it has become RIDICULOUSLY easy to bar people from entry into our country, much easier than you would have thought, to hear successive governments, and the rabble rousing riff raff associated with UKIP and Tommy Robinson (Yaxley-Lennon) speak of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So im guessing this was cheaper than a divorce? Well short term anyway became very expensive now that he lost his job. I find it odd he even had the clearance to add people to a list. you would think that was handled by people well above his pay grade.

He is not a entry level staff. Think he is one of the decision maker in british government.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Your reading it wrong, he is obsessive.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A very evil side of me kinda smirks at this story, damn that's low but in the moment I can kinda see why he would go there...

Probably done it in the moment of madness. Then he started to enjoy the freedom and democracy at home. And thought its fine... ill take the name out of the list next week.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I don't think it was malicious. He probably just wanted her out of town for a weekend so he could wear her clothes.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I'm all for personal freedom when it comes to dressing but I too lament the days of somewhat proper dress. To be honest it looks like the man is naked under the coat, that is, dressed like a flasher. The color and cut of the collar are what prompted my comment.

As for once on a terror list the US is just as bad as there seems to be no system in place to redress errors. Unless you're someone famous like Ted Kennedy one must go through multiple layers of beauracracy and months or years of legal wrangling to get your name off the list.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I don't think it was malicious. He probably just wanted her out of town for a weekend so he could wear her clothes.

He has a man's coat on by the way it closes, allowing the right hand to draw a sword. Maybe there is a fashion for men who aren't sure.....

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Is it me just cos I've had a couple brandy's? Or is this fricking hilarious? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing this post. I am very interested in this topic. I would like to share my opinion on this. [SNIP]
 I went to London for Christmas and New Yr this 12 months and man it was chilly! It snowed the entire time so my good friend Billy, who I used to be staying with, had loads of time to point out off his gaming expertise to me.
edit on 1/23/2019 by eriktheawful because: Edited out link

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
She wants to consider herself really, really lucky, cos if you really look into some of the methods Pakistanis use get rid of their women. Weeelll.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

every "terrorist" list is made in this exact way, one way or another.

new topics

top topics

join