It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bed that saved me from the Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So i had no idea where to post this. If any mods think it would fit better elsewhere feel free to move it. I'm not going to post much of the link. I encourage everyone to take some time and read this guy's story. It's long but it's worth the read. The amount of luck and bravery this man had is incredible. I'm going to post a small excerpt from the end that I feel is a good takeaway message from this. But please, take the time to read the whole thing.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I have always been a positive person, but nowadays I am even more so. I enjoy every single moment of life and feel grateful for what I have. Life is a gift and we should enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

You know, sitting on the beach in Greece with friends I've heard people complaining that because we had a financial crisis they miss some of the comforts they used to have. I am like, "Come on! Enjoy your life and health. You are eating sardines and drinking Ouzo by the beach. We are free, we have good friends around and we laugh - this is what people are supposed to do."

Don't concentrate only on work, stressful and bad things in your life. Concentrate instead on creating good moments and being around good people, because life is so beautiful.

edit on 21/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wow! What an amazing story!
It is incredible that he was so lucky!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
People create hardships in their lives because they need to fight to feel important. How many tradesman are sjws?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That’s amazing, that’s movie material stuff right there.

a reply to: dug88

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Really good read. Thanks for sharing it.

That guy was lucky to have made it out alive and in one piece. Wow.

new topics

top topics

join