It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump Racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
No I don't think he is. I think he is just a high functioning psychopath. I worked with one for several year and got to see what one is up close and personal. DJT has all the same characteristics.

phychopath:
Psychopaths look normal, and “appear” to react like everyone else. But such reactions are feigned or simulated to appear normal. Their actions however, actually have no emotional content behind them.

The majority of psychopaths are not serial killers. They may not be violent at all. There are many “white collar” psychopaths who use manipulation, deceit, and charm to perpetrate non-violent crimes like fraud and embezzlement. Some even rise so far in the workplace that, surrounded by loyal and steadfast friends who are in powerful places, they become untouchable.

Psychopathy is a disorder of the mind, where the person is able to function in society without any moral scruples, no guilt, no worries, no doubts about himself or herself, no reservations or self-reproach. In other words, no conscience. They have a chameleon quality that allows them to blend seamlessly into whatever setting they are in. The person with this disorder has no idea that there is anything wrong with them. What’s more, most people don’t notice anything wrong with them either.

link

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Our last president was the bigger racist, he was half black...HALF....and should have used that fact to try to bring us closer together .
Instead he chose to let the wedge of divide drive itself deeper into our lives then it had been in a very long time.
The man was the first in history to be in that situation and he had the opportunity of a lifetime to bring OUR nation together, to be stronger and more prosperous than ever before and he chose to squander that very unique opportunity for his own personal interests.
That was his biggest failure.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Actual racism and the effects of historic racism exist.

However, many people now are calling virtually everything racism, hate speech, you name it.

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I do think that Trump has probably had to much emphasis put on his 'racism' and though he has not helped himself by refusing to condemn hate groups and and his response to situations like Charlottesville I think this is more down to his narcissistic need to be loved by everyone. His racism is, as pointed out by other, more of a casualness that comes from a different generation.

I honestly don't believe trump is a true racist - he is equal in his tratment of people - everyone is 'the best people' whilst the pander and support, but the moment he takes any criticism, he will turn on you in an instant - no matter on who you are.

The problem is the highest office is the place where the standards set the tone and the mood of the nation, and the CIC should be the example that leads this - our leaders should be held to a higher standard.

There are way more concerning traits to Trump than the racism.

1) his misogyny
2) his xenophobia
3) his pathological need to lie
4) the narcissism
5) the paranoia

All in all, as another poster pointed all of these traits, along with the complete lack of empathy that has been displayed over and over does tend to define a high functioning psychopathy.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Actual racism and the effects of historic racism exist.

However, many people now are calling virtually everything racism, hate speech, you name it.

I've got no doubt racism exists.
My problem is with the people who claim they're not racist.

There is no definition for racism that exists that doesn't apply to everyone.

But even if we get the definition right and limit the accusations of racism to those who are hateful towards a group because of their genetics that still won't make any difference.

No one has the right to tell you who you can love, or who you can hate.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Actually there are definitions that don’t apply to everyone. Please check the dictionary for clarification.

Even the ‘social justice’ version currently being thrown around, ie that a person can’t be racist without institutional power, precludes many minority groups.

You can’t know whether everyone is racist or not. That’s a belief on your part, not a fact.

Unless you believe there is some kind of inherent tribalism or racism inherent in all people?

edit on 22-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Without discussing the rest, isn’t it untrue that he hasn’t disavowed hate groups? That was claimed after Charlottesville, yet he did disavow. It’s important that allegations are factual. Otherwise it’s slanderous.
a reply to: WeAreSound

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I'll go first.

No I don't think he is and I am not white, and I'm not a man.

I'm not going to just go by my feeling and opinions, I think it is important to look at actions:

The black unemployment rate has fallen below 6 percent for the first time
www.vox.com...

Trump administration backs Asian Americans suing Harvard over its affirmative action admissions policy
www.latimes.com...

Even if he's called a racist, Trump makes life better for black Americans
www.njherald.com...

"Trump believes in being tough on crime, but he is not enthralled by mass incarceration in which thousands, many of them black, are subjected to cruel conditions leading to recidivism. He promoted a bill that would improve all sorts of flaws in the system, prepare prisoners for a fruitful life when released and let 4,000 go, many of them ill and old. The bill passed the House 380 to 59 but the Senate has wanted sentencing reform, too, and guess what? Trump has said OK."

Defying pundits, GOP share of Latino vote steady under Trump
www.nbcnews.com...

There are many more examples if people want to look for them.
Trump was once quoted as saying that Haiti is a #hole. I don't think that is racist to say that. Haiti could be filled with green people, it would still be a #hole!

edit on Mon Jan 21 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

Of course he isn't...Any honest person would admit that...

Trump has donated to all of the top black personalities in the past...Al Sharpton, MLK, Jesse Jackson...He's received many awards from black organizations...And there's a whole host of black preachers who publicly support him...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Unless you believe there is some kind of inherent tribalism or racism inherent in all people?

Are we not a tribal species?
Look at the Sentinelese people, having avoided western culture successfully they still are cautious of people who look different and arrow them to death.

Surprisingly everyone seems to support this hate crime.
I'm not saying I'm not a hypocrite, I also support this.

But you can prove that everyone is racist, there's a reaction in the amygdala which is directly connected to racism.

Being wary of people not in your tribe isn't strictly a human thing either, it's probably more of a mammal thing and expecting millions of years of evolution to be turned on it's head because we're uncomfortable with the answers isn't helpful.

It's impossible to address racism if we refuse to see it in ourselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Actually there are definitions that don’t apply to everyone. Please check the dictionary for clarification.

Even the ‘social justice’ version currently being thrown around, ie that a person can’t be racist without institutional power, precludes many minority groups.

Sorry, didn't really address this.
Firstly I've gotta dismiss the SJW version, I disagree with it entirely. My favourite explanation of it is from Paul Mooney (the only thing he says that makes me cringe) but it's too flawed to give any real credit.

As for dictionary definitions do you believe that the Nepalese sherpa's are better mountain climbers?
If you do (which you should) then you believe in racial superiority.

If it's got to be related personally to your own race then all you have to do is put your family first.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yes, he's a racist. There are many things that indicate the quality of a person. One of those is the company they keep. Another is the people they admire.

The company he keeps is a roster of bigots, fascist sympathizers, and other assorted degenerates.

His racism has been pretty much public record for a while. From housing discrimination to birtherism and beyond.

He was also endorsed by a wide swath of white supremacist organizations, like the KKK and Stormfront. These "very fine people" do not endorse candidates unless candidates share a good number of their white nationalist views.

It walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No, if he was, he'd had everyone, except for whites, expelled.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No, he's worst, he's a made man in the New York Mafia since the 1980s, who has been elected as President of the United Sates of America, the most powerful nation on Earth, who would have us believe, a former TV personality, property developer and New York Mob Member, has greater power over the governing bodies of the United States than the American Military Five-Star Generals and the Pentagon, in short, is he a racist? It's worst, he's a puppet, who is being used so as to deceive the American people into believing they have democracy, when they live in a military dictatorship controlled by the Pentagon.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daboxfan

definitely, he is a racist and his racist policies threaten our national security. Trump's racism can start a new civil war in our country.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Racist - definition of racist by The Free Dictionary rac·ism (rā′sĭz′əm) n. 1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Something like this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join