It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1130pm EST 1-20-19 go and look at the moon right now!!! An ECLIPSE!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I didn't find out about this until it was too late, I was gutted!

Also, some great photos there, so cheers for sharing!

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: eriktheawful

...My tripod kept shaking, switched to hands and it got worse. ...Slightest breeze still shook the camera a bit.

A heavy bag of sand or rocks slung underneath helps 👌

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
There's an eclipse right now go and look up it looks a bit like an acorn lol and it looks cool !! Anyone having a bonfire ? it s cooollllddd

Totality at 11:41pm est cool looking

Super Blood Wolf Full Moon is proper term. j
edit on 21-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I used to take a photo or two of every lunar eclipse, but said eff it this year, and not because of the temps. I thought to myself, "I think I've got enough lunar eclipse shots over time, these are just boring now." Big revelation for me being the astronomy fan I am.

I'm far more excited for the next US solar eclipse in 2024. That'd be #2 and probably the final one for my lifetime for me. That makes it rather special, IMO.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I am curious if anyone saw what I saw last night.

I live in Southern California and I watched the eclipse with some friends, when the moon started to re-appear we could clearly see it then about 5-10 minutes later it started to disappear again.

From our perspecfive there were two eclipses, like the moon or the earth crossed then crossed back just after the moon became visible again.

It was truly bizarre and all of us were left feeling very unsure of what we saw.

There were some minor clouds but I dont think they were dense enough to completely hide the moon.

So yeah just curious if it was just us, or if anyone else saw or heard of anything similar?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MidnightBlue2565

The only thing possible to show that is if Venus was close to a slight alignment so that its shadow momentarily covered it. It would have been quick seeing it is so far away from the earth and its moon, not impossible I guess. I did not stay up that late to see it as you did. So check the planetary charts and see if one of those planets was to the right or left of the earth so that its shadow may have covered it a little.

Did you get any pictures of it?

edit on 1/22/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: du Pelican Blanc
It is absolutely beautiful viewing in the Republic of Texas. Right now the stars are so very bright with the Red moon! I can't stop looking at the sky tonight and dang it, I gotta work tomorrow!

It was a super clear night here in Arkansas as well, haven’t seen the stars so bright in a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join