It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blizzard is going to bring back Classic WoW.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I left EverQuest for WoW, and it all started with beta. I played for seven damn years and omg I couldn't believe that it was actually being dumbed down as it went along. I started longing for the days when I would walk into the Lake of Ill Omen in EQ and get KoS'd by Sergeant V'Deers. Unfortunately there was no going back to EQ either. Meh. I think I'm over MMO's. Now I'm waiting for Dragon Age 4.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Akragon

12 hours jesus christ thats like some EverQuest crap right there...

DAoC was my favorite MMO, I enjoyed the RvR.

Then you should check out "Camelot Unchained"

It is in alpha now.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It is actually not a stunt. Classic Wow was requested by the player base since WoW has morphed into Diablo.

There are / were a ton of private servers going up where thousands of people were playing the classic game where crap was hard.

Pantheon is the new Everquest as well with the same game style.

There is a bunch of the player base that wants MMO's to be challenging again.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I stopped playing WoW at the end of the Burning legion expansion. I just couldn't be arsed with the same old rehashed content over and over. WOTLK was the best period in WoW history and from then on it just got repetitive.

You get to the point in the game where your almost like a god killing Demons that are super powerful beings in the Lore and then the next expansion your back to killing low level creatures in low level areas again. Every expansion is rinse and repeat.

It just doesn't go anywhere no more. Its about time they brought it to an end and concentrate on something fresh, bigger and better. Something completely different.

I now play RPGMMO's on my phone, they seem to be a lot less life sucking as you can play it on the go anywhere instead of having to hug your PC 24/7 just to get the new gear.

Iv now stopped playing any RPGMMO on my PC and now i'm just playing Battlefield 4, V. as i'm waiting for Star Citizen which could be a few years off yet but it gives me time away from huge games you have to commit hours and hours of grinding.

I built my 1st PC 23 years ago, it was a 486 and my first ever PC game title was Warcraft! ill never forget the day i installed it and played it for the first time, I didn't even have a sound card for the first week playing it.

For me Star Citizen is going to be my next big adventure. Iv been a backer since May 19, 2014 and have watched it evolve and grow its not perfect yet and they have had there problems but once its released i think it will change the way some games are produced in the future. I'm no fan boy either iv been looking for this kind of game all my life.

A game where you can have FPS running around on different planets, Space Craft that have multi crew functionality as well as walking around and moving cargo about or even vehicles on your ship. To me its like being in Firefly TV series. Imagine getting your mates on a ship doing your own thing in a huge universe. There is no character leveling or character grinding just you working for money to attain bigger ships, IT can be anything you want it to be almost, you set out your own destiny for your character...

Peace all

edit on 20/1/19 by Ezappa because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I hope the Horde will still have Paladins, otherwise I may have to join the other side

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Paladins are alliance only in vanilla.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yea I remember. It sucks because they are the most fun tank class to play, IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

I left EverQuest for WoW, and it all started with beta. I played for seven damn years and omg I couldn't believe that it was actually being dumbed down as it went along. I started longing for the days when I would walk into the Lake of Ill Omen in EQ and get KoS'd by Sergeant V'Deers. Unfortunately there was no going back to EQ either. Meh. I think I'm over MMO's. Now I'm waiting for Dragon Age 4.

Been following Pantheon?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hopefully the always entertaining Barrens Chat will be revived

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Hopefully the always entertaining Barrens Chat will be revived

Kek.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Also looking forward to having talent points again as the current system is total trash

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Lights Hope has 5-10k+ online for anyone wanting to do vanilla before it goes live.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Is there a site I can go to to sign up? Can't find anything on the official site.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

How To Connect

Basically you need their realmslist.wtf file

and wow 1.12 client which is what Blizzard is going to use but you can find that on this reddit post.

and make account

otherwise for Blizzard you're waiting until July/August-ish and all you have to do then is be subscribed, lights hope is suppose to go down once Blizz is live.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Ugh. Every bone in my body is saying 'NOPE.'

Is it open world PvP or is it only BG's?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Open World

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I have not. I'll check into it.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I played and loved EQ for years. I've started/stopped playing WoW multiple times, it just never drew me in, and the graphics were like I was playing a cartoon. It also seemed the overall player mentality was a lot less mature than EQ, and the game just seemed not as interesting or deep as EQ. Playing to a different mindset/base.

It's too bad EQ Next was cancelled. EQ is/was a great game but horribly outdated. But tons of fun, very little in the amount of hand holding, etc

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
I played and loved EQ for years. I've started/stopped playing WoW multiple times, it just never drew me in, and the graphics were like I was playing a cartoon. It also seemed the overall player mentality was a lot less mature than EQ, and the game just seemed not as interesting or deep as EQ. Playing to a different mindset/base.

It's too bad EQ Next was cancelled. EQ is/was a great game but horribly outdated. But tons of fun, very little in the amount of hand holding, etc

Lead a casual raid guild in EQ1 then sold that toon for a lot of money.

Lead the same version of that guild in EQ2 then moved to, at one time, topped ranked WW raid guild in EQ2.

Got burned out on that real quick. Getting paged at 3am on a work night to heal a contested mob lost its appeal real quick.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

Brad Mcquaid is doing another one.

www.pantheonmmo.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join