It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alpha queen of the Ciakar draconians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You really didn't read it. It's about findings in houses and so on not specualtions. Try it, it's a bit long but interesting.

Anyhoo what I love about YHWH in his Shasu period is that he was a god of volcanos. And there is even reference to it in the bible, in the day he was a pillar of clouds at night a pillar of fire, 2.Moses 13:21
I paraphrased.

Pretty cool I think.

Where are you getting "ten thousands years before" from? It's 8th century and you talk max 15th that's 700 years
edit on 21-1-2019 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: DpatC

No doubt some truth in the fiction somewhere... trouble is filtering through and honing in on it.

There is, Dinosaurs lived longer than people rraolilse. We have inca buildings with stegosaurus and diplodocus on the side of them, to carve these as accurately as they did they have to have seen live specimens, not just bones.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You really didn't read it. It's about findings in houses and so on not specualtions. Try it, it's a bit long but interesting.

Anyhoo what I love about YHWH in his Shasu period is that he was a god of volcanos. And there is even reference to it in the bible, in the day he was a pillar of clouds at night a pillar of fire, 2.Moses 13:21
I paraphrased.

Pretty cool I think.

Where are you getting "ten thousands years before" from? It's 8th century and you talk max 15th that's 700 years

8th Century (from the article) is 800 BC.

The 10,000 years that I was referencing is the speculative reference in the article to the beliefs being as old as 10,000 BC, which is not supported by any archaeology.

I should have not approximated so, as the difference is closer to 9,000 years, but regardless, the inference that YHWH is anything like 'that ancient', isn't in the archaeology. (To a certain extent, though Asherah [Atirat or Akkadian, Ašratu] was, as the wife of the Sumerian god Anu).

If you knew of the traditional scriptural accounts, Moses introduced the Monotheistic "one and only true God", the God of the Israeli patriarchs, as being called YHWH.

It was during the reign of King Ahab of Israel that his wife, Jezebel, incited her husband to abandon the worship of YHWH and to worship the Baals and Asherah instead. The first mention of Jewish kings worshiping any god other than YHWH was with King Solomon, who erected temples to the gods of his many wives (no mention of any god names).

The adoption of Asherah into Jewish belief coincided exactly with the adoption of the Baals and open opposition to YHWH. It is far more possible that Asherah was seen as consort of Baal Haddad (referred to only as Baal in the Bible).

The 8th Century BC excavations also refer to multiple different YHWH's such as YHWH of Samaria, YHWH of Teman, along with the gods; Baal and Kaus (and which all had their own separate Asherah's).

The archaeology is entirely supportive of the scriptural references about an apostasy and proliferation of gods during the Late Monarchic Period of Israel and represents a confusion of existing beliefs rather than that YHWH and Asherah were an ancient deistic couple.

William Dever's book "Did God have a Wife?" ignores the scriptural accounts which explain the reasons for the confusion of deities that occurred during the Late Monarchic Period of Israel and so it draws incorrect conclusions.

edit on 21/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Okay you win

top topics

<< 1   >>

join