It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani’s walkback: No collusion. Well, maybe some collusion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
EDIT: Did not find previous thread on this topic when searching. Please go join that one, consider this one closed.

Rudolph W. Giuliani claimed Wednesday night that he “never said there was no collusion” between President Trump’s campaign and Russia leading up to the 2016 presidential election.

In a remarkable, at times contentious interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, the president’s lawyer was accused of contradicting his own past statements about collusion as well as what Trump and his supporters have repeatedly asserted. On Twitter, Trump has used the phrase “no collusion” dozens of times, and a number of those instances were direct denials that his campaign was involved with the Russian government.

Giuliani’s shocking declarations — several of which Cuomo called out as being false — quickly sent the Internet into a tailspin as many wondered what could have prompted the former New York mayor to suddenly change course.

www.washingtonpost.com

I never said this thing you heard me say 50 times! Who are you going to believe, your ears or me?!

You guys remember both Trump and Giuliani saying 'no collusion'... oh, about a million times, right? Or should we start digging up videos?

What would prompt Trump's lead attorney and adviser to suddenly do a 180 and claim he never said there was no collusion? Then Giuliani goes on to defend Trump's statements and what he meant by them:

On CNN, Giuliani and Cuomo then proceeded to tangle over the president’s past statements that “nobody” associated with his campaign colluded.

“He didn’t say nobody, he said he didn’t,” Giuliani said of Trump, which Cuomo immediately noted was not true.

Giuliani said Thursday that his comments on CNN “have been misinterpreted”and that he wanted to clarify them.

“I represent only President Trump not the Trump campaign,” he said in a statement, and gave similar remarks in a telephone interview with The Washington Post. “There was no collusion by President Trump in any way, shape or form. Likewise, I have no knowledge of any collusion by any of the thousands of people who worked on the campaign.”

Hmmm, so now it's not "nobody colluded with Russians" but only "the President didn't," leaving it open for other cabinet members and/or family to have colluded. He only represents the President and that is his only concern. Others may have.

Does anyone believe family members or even cabinet members of the President's staff may have acted without his knowledge?

What a #show... and we are being disgraced by it as a nation. Giuliani is literally a moron and whether you support the President or not, this idiot is doing the President a disservice by always running his mouth like an idiot on TV, always saying the wrong things. Always raising more questions and giving material to the media. There is no denying this...Giuliani is a wreck.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There are already two other threads.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Well this important news definitely needed yet another thread on the new topics list. The content is also quite different than all the other threads too.

Can you explain why this commentary matters so much that it's 'disgracing us as a nation'? How is this single statement worse than bombing the crap out of other countries?
edit on 1/17/19 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Well this important news definitely needed yet another thread on the new topics list. The content is also quite different than all the other threads too.

Can you explain why this commentary matters so much that it's 'disgracing us as a nation'? How is this single statement worse than bombing the crap out of other countries?

I would be happy to, however let me get some background from you first, please.

Can you explain why you think our President and his staff acting like mafia, lying to the investigators AND us, the public, deceiving and obstructing... is not a disgrace?

I view such behavior as disgraceful and beneath the office of the President. If you can explain to us why you don't think this is disgraceful, maybe I can compose a better reply to you.

Otherwise it just seems as deflection to talk about another topic.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

hey you should click the new button before posting next time

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
There are already two other threads.

Yeah my bad, I did look and still did not see them or find them. I hate the search function on this website.

Thanks man.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Collusion is not a crime, conspiracy is. Hillary Brennan and other top Obama people broke the law by committing a conspiracy 2 stop candidate Trump and to unseat duly elected president Trump. They will pay dearly for that.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Collusion is not a crime, conspiracy is. Hillary Brennan and other top Obama people broke the law by committing a conspiracy 2 stop candidate Trump and to unseat duly elected president Trump. They will pay dearly for that.

When?

In your dreams?

Trump has just been sitting on evidence for 2 years? Is that a crime?

lol, please... knock it off with that drivel, people are too smart for it here.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

"You guys remember both Trump and Giuliani saying 'no collusion'... oh, about a million times, right? Or should we start digging up videos?"

Yes. Dig them up.

I don't remember Giuliani saying 'no collusion'. I remember 'collusion is not a crime.' I remember Trump saying 'no collusion'. But I don't remember Giuliani saying 'no collusion'.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's an absurd line of thought to believe that when Giuliani clarified his position, you pretend it means (without evidence) that he thinks there was some collusion.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There are two other threads about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the mud pit.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

closed.

edit on Thu Jan 17 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join