It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Stealth Bomber META Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is the latest META thread to make finding information on different projects easier.

It has been common knowledge and even acknowledged by the Chinese government for some time that they are working on a stealthy long range bomber. This has been termed the H-20, both by China and outside sources. The CHinese 'trolled' Northrop with an image similar to the Norhtrop B-21 ad ran a while back. All we really know is that the H-20 is going to be long range, stealthy and have the nuclear mission for China. It is /probably/ a flying wing or blended wing-body and have an AESA radar. The rumors are the H-20 will actually be bigger than the B-2. However, rumors are rumors and blatantly unverifiable, especially from China.

There were also rumors of a strike fighter, something like the F-111, but stealthy to replace the JH-7. Think the explored but never started FB-22.
However, it's always been rumors and guff rather than anything substantial.

Well, rumors seem to have been closer to the truth than not.

The DIA put out a report that stated the PLAAF *IS* in fact working on two different stealthy bombers. The H-20 and what they are calling the JH-XX. Assuming the DIA is accurate, then the the JH-XX would be a unique aircraft in the world with a capability that no one else will have: a stealthy interdiction bomber or theater level fighter bomber.

DIA Report:

dod.defense.gov...

Aviation Week ran a bit of a synopsis of what was in the report:

aviationweek.com...

So, let's have at it. What /else/ do we know about the H-XX/H-20 and the JH-XX?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
They are just to many... There is no way we will be able to keep up in the near future, unless something amazing happens.. More people = more scientists or whatever. Unless AI completely changes everything making having more people obsolete.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

There were 300 million Soviets vs 200 million Americans back in the day. We did ok then.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Wow, I did not know that. Still 1.3 billion against 300 million is still daunting.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

4 to one odds seems about fair. They are just now getting stealth? The U.S. has had it since the seventies.

One thing you can be sure of. The U.S. military has a bigger budget. Something tells me we don't need to worry.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

One thing you can be sure of. The U.S. military has a bigger budget. Something tells me we don't need to worry.

The US buy 100 hammers at $80.00 each.

China orders 100 hammers at $1.00 each.

It is not about how big the budget is, it is about how much tech you get for your expenditure.

China has a much bigger bang for buck ratio.

The problem facing the US is the Military Industrial Complex that soaks up money like a vacuum cleaner all for a bag of dust.

P

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The US buy 100 hammers at $80.00 each.

How much do you think the U.S. Military pays, just to keep things classified?

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
China share new information unlike US businesses who discover something and hide it to exploit its worth

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Quite possible but bet years away. Unless they plan on being in wars on foriegn soil no need for huge fleet of bombers as the US has. J20 only has forward aspect stealth similar to export varients of f35 but even less.... The tech we have in secret is far beyond f22 and 35 its just not cost effective to field it. If they ever deploy the rods from god system no nation could stop it. F22 first flew in 1996. First flight of other nation 5th gen 2011 plus. Would not be surprised if 6th gen prototypes flying today

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
China share new information unlike US businesses who discover something and hide it to exploit its worth

Any proof of this? Any military is going to want to keep it’s secret sauce secret, I don’t think China is giving away state secrets much. I could be wrong here but it’s in a nation’s interest to hold back their military hardware’s exact details.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Wow, I did not know that. Still 1.3 billion against 300 million is still daunting.

Quality versus quantity. No contest.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

And, on both sides, a fraction of that is either productive in military sciences, or military service.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

a reply to: anzha

How many of those 1.3 billion are well-educated and economically mobile enough to contribute to the Chinese MIC?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

116 million Chinese have university degrees.

67 million Americans do.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

116 million Chinese have university degrees.

67 million Americans do.

That's really scary considering how worthless our university degrees are. Pretty much anyone can get one, the standards have been lowered so.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

How much do you think the U.S. Military pays, just to keep things classified?

Lol. Good question. Better question would be ...

How much do you think the U.S. Military pays, just to try unsuccessfully to keep things classified?

When traitors keep servers open so that information can be easily stolen and are paid to do so, whose fault is it?

You want to blame China while everyone else including good ole Uncle Sam is trying to steal anything and everything from everybody that is not nailed down.

Blame the US traitors.

Leave the Chinese out of it. I can't stand the utter hypocrisy!

P

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Leave the Chinese out of it. I can't stand the utter hypocrisy!

Hypocrisy of what? And how did I bring the Chinese in it? It was already apart of the conversation.

How much do you think the U.S. Military pays, just to try unsuccessfully to keep things classified?

It depends on the classification level. Why? What do you know of? Tell me some the classified things you know about, that you got from these traitors you speak of.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Current population of China is around 1.42 billion and India is around 1.36 billion, it's insane. They will catch up eventually and can afford to spend more and more on defense as their growth increases.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

originally posted by: paraphi

Current population of China is around 1.42 billion and India is around 1.36 billion, it's insane. They will catch up eventually and can afford to spend more and more on defense as their growth increases.

Chinese economic growth is slowing. You can't grow by leaps and bounds indefinitely. We did the same thing at one point and then we leveled off.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Quite right it has slowed but I think they still have a long way to go and growth is still much higher than the west. Chinese growth is still about 6.7% which is huge compared to the US and Europe. Although there are some serious risks in their economy and some kind of correction or recession is possible IMO.
In another 20 or 30 years they will probably be equal as far as defense my 2c.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join