It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interactive timeline of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas mass shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Using information obtained from the investigative commission’s report, witness reports, radio transmissions, and a number of other methods, the Sun-Sentinel has put together an interactive report about the Parkland massacre. The report contains radio traffic, still shots taken from CCTV footage, statements, and maps that show who was where, when they were there, and their movements. All while keeping a running time, both on the clock and the duration of the incident, as you scroll through the article. I think it’s a really well put together article and doesn’t pull any punches, being entirely willing to cite the repeated failures of both school staff and law enforcement.

There is no gore in any of the pictures, as they blacked out the bodies of the deceased. The radio and phone calls could potentially be distressing to some, though.

Sun-Sentinel article.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

terrifying! there was a similar article with timeline and everything after the mass-shooting in erfurt in 2002. rober steinhäuser shoots 16 people i think, most of them were teachers. finally a teacher confronting steinhäuser by calling him by name and strangly that stops him and he let the teacher lock him up in a room where he kills himself.

Erfurt school massacre

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow. Kudos to this newspaper and its reporters for laying this out.

It's disgusting. It's crystal clear that Broward County police were almost negligent.

Just watch the clip from the bodycam from one of the officers who arrived on scene, and as you hear shots being fired, he is leisurely retrieving and putting on his vest. Could he have moved any slower?? Holy cow.

There is/was clearly some awful and terrible shenanigans going on for a long time in Broward's law enforcement, for it to get that the level of terrible negligence we see in this incident.
edit on 16-1-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The part about two students found clutching eachother is heart breaking. They were a senior and freshman girl, so unless they played a sport or extracurricular activity together they probably weren't friends. Just two innocent souls holding eachother for dear life.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yep, that’s why I wanted to post this. The thread I created the other day has the actual report from the commission in it but it’s 400-odd pages long. They don’t pull punches and lay blame exactly where it belongs. But this article, while also not pulling its punches, is a much more concise and easy to read account of what happened and who bears blame for what.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

That was really hard to read. I looked at the pics and diagrams, but couldn't bring myself to listen to any audio or watch any video. I didn't need to.

So much of what went wrong seems to be common sense. It almost defies belief. But how -- HOW -- could the deputies not have had any recent training??? How could they not immediately relay vital information? First failing to call the Code Red, and then almost ten minutes before letting everyone know the surveillance tape was on delay?

I have read it twice, tried to digest it, and it still just doesn't make any sense to me. And I know, there's no sense in trying to make sense of senseless killings. But I swear I think half of ATS would have done better!

I cannot imagine how the parents feel. My heart aches for them... but it's balanced by the pure rage I feel for the "adults" who failed them so miserably -- and long before Cruz pulled the trigger.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Pure incompetence from the top down in the agency is the only answer. Poor training, or a complete lack of training, breeds poor response, poor decision making, poor command, etc. The rule of thumb is that you will always fall back to the lowest level of competency in an emergency situation, and that’s exactly what we saw from BCSO. Some of them fell back to that lowest level and did exactly what they were trained to do, which was absolutely nothing. Others, like the captain on scene, just completely lost the plot. Then Coral Springs PD shows up and falls to their lowest level of training competency, which was “doing something, anything, productive is better than doing nothing” and the differences couldn’t be more readily obvious.

Everything out of BCSO from the moment the shooting stopped has been CYA. Or in the case of Scott Israel, both political grandstanding and CYA.
edit on 17-1-2019 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join