It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doors, Pink Floyd, and The Mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: AnnihilateThis

He crawls back to his brain to go insane.

Most believe that if you lose your mind you will go insane..... but he states the opposite.
Notice that the mind speaks..... Is it speaking about you?
Or are you simply the witness of whatever appears?
The freedom you seek is found when you find that you are not any particular thing that appears..... you are the ever present witness that never comes or goes.

This is a great statement on consciousness.

All it takes is being open to the possibilities. Unfortunately, getting to that point is tough for a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Very cool thread thanks, snf 👍🏻

I spent 2 years solid listening to these 2 bands and reading their books and Jim's poetry etc.
I was only living the green life at the time personally, but Jim wasn't really into Miss Lucy, he was into Peyote (similar to '___') and Break on Through was about breaking through to the spiritual realm. So yes I think you're on the money with your OP. I'm not sure if the Floyd delved into the deeper realms of reality as I think they were mainly into Miss Lucy in the Barret days.
I'm no expert, but I don't think you can 'break through' on miss Lucy, like you can on '___', Peyote and 5me0 '___'.
Thanks again, cool read 👍🏻

Yeah, as far as I can see, Lucy was much more about the expansion of the mind, where as the other mentioned tools were used to teach, show you the other side.

There is a lot unseen out there, and it takes balls of steel to venture into the unknown lands.

Any idea why people are so tightly wound about this subject matter on this forum?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I don't know, none of us were talking from personal experience. I guess it's just a silly rule that site owners have to stick to regardless of they agree or not. 👍🏻

<< 1   >>

join