It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Were To Take One Single Person As A Human Model...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I was having a conversation with my friends earlier today and this question came up. If aliens were to judge the human race by taking one single person as a model, who would it be?

I have to say it's a difficult question, considering how many different qualities we would want to have accounted. I still haven't decided who I would show off, but my friends agreed; Brad Pitt would be a good choice!

So, who would you choose?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
me LOL

no probably an average person. We would not want to fool the aliens and make them think we are something were not... or would we? hmmm.....

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Johnny Depp and Elizabeth Hurley.
Super hot people right there!

I figured Id throw in two to represent both sexes.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think there could be many reasons why to take a person to represent human community. Actors and actresses may not be that interesting as so many people think. But sure, there could be some the Aliens care for.

As for one person: he/she must represent the future human being, a person who could be capable to do things, only millions of years could lead to those capabilities. That would be the rare person, who would mean a lot to any alien species!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Stephan Hawking would be my first choice because if they cured his condition he would tell them how to get to Ben & Jerrys

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't think they'd be as interested in physical qualities as they would mental qualities.

But, just for entertainment purposes, I think they'd pick Anne Hathaway and Michael Jackson.
Anne Hathaway because she's a beautiful woman with flawless features and Micheal Jackson because.........well, just because he's strange.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Interseting question, with out any real good answer.

The question is really more how do you want to represent our society to an ET race?

Do you want to show off our vanity? Pick an actor
Do you want to represent our intelligence? Pick a scientist
Do you want somebody that can expalin what humanity is? Pick a poet/author
Do you want to show our discipline? Pick a military official
Do you want to broker a deal with them? Pick a politician
Do you want somebody to steal their shirt and rob them blind? Pick a politician

I don't think you could really pick just one person to represent our society.

The other aspect that you would want to know before giving picking a representative is what kind of society does the ET race have? What are their core values? Once you know those you could pick a more appropriate representative for the whole of humanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
if you found out what the ets society is like then you might be able to think of someone here depending on what they want. would you want to show aliens someone like them or opposite to them?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
HEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOO!!!???

1 word

ELVIS

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think I would have them take a very drunk James Brown that way they would have no way of understanding us and be so frightened that they would run away very quickly. Seriously, I don't think it would matter who they took as long as they were in decent shape and of average intellect.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
average interlect could be the inteligence of an ant compared to them. Or the other way round average interlect could be like a super computer compared to them

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think this is Obvious!

Lemmy from Motorhead! He could show those aliens a thing or to about us, they could revell in his awesome-ness. (Not a word, I know!)

Meh, i'd say they should look at Che for an example of a Human who truely was a fighting for a good cause.
Intelligence? Like there's any on this planet.

Really they should take and listen to a few average worknig class joes who work their lives away and get naff-all for it.

Ex

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have to say that Dr Hook from the medicine show
" I was in the right place- Musta been the wrong time"

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Paris Hilton so I don't have to hear about her anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'd have to say Mother Theresa if she were still alive. Well, at least they could take her DNA and clone her.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I say give them Carl Sagans fleshless, talking skull. If we don't send him, he'll never shut up about it. He'll just keep talking, and talking, and talking...

Or me. I'm representative of both good and bad in mankind, an excellent well rounded specimen if I do say so myself.

Like Bill Hicks said, "Can you let the aliens land please? They might be here to pick me up, k?"

top topics

join