It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can people guess your race or ethnicity?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nobody has to guess with me, I tell people I am almost pure Finn....ninety nine percent. I use it as an excuse sometimes if I do something dumb. Actually Finns are not really dumb, they are conservative so evaluate risk after they grow up. I grew up three years ago or so, after I turned sixty.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Some Brits ask me if I am Canadian. Nobody deserves that kind of insult.

You must be polite and kind, usually foreigners assume that the Canadians are the nice ones and the Americans are the loud and maybe rude ones

At least that was the case when I lived in Europe!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Nah. Someone gave me a Raptors t shirt .

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You might be surprised what that little old lady knows. Asgard, home of the Norse gods, is no big secret.
Of course that is the old classic reference not the new Marvel Comics.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am the most boring lilly white woman in America. However, my father and half my family are very dark skinned Frenchies.

Reddish-blond tall-skinny-soft spoken and no one has ever questioned by ethnicity. My voice is truly a dead giveaway and puts every one to sleep within earshot. Most boring human American woman.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yeah. I'm obviously descended from Scandanavians and West Slavs.

No hiding it or confusing it with some other ancestry.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Badass beard man

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Nah, I'm as pale white as you can get. Blonde, blue eyes. Nothing special there. However, my middle daughter is half Hispanic with dark skin and black, very curly hair. Everyone up here thinks she's Filipino though. That's the first thing they ask her.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

When I was a kid my eyes slanted to the extent that people around were I lived would ask if I was a little Asian. also I have black straight hair and for some reason not pale white like most the kids a went to school with. But I am just a white dude from Eastern Tennessee, no Asian in my family. Looking back at pictures from elementary school I can now see why they asked.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

Nah, I'm as pale white as you can get. Blonde, blue eyes. Nothing special there. However, my middle daughter is half Hispanic with dark skin and black, very curly hair. Everyone up here thinks she's Filipino though. That's the first thing they ask her.

Don't you think it is weird that people automatically assume they know her genetics, and that they are WRONG!

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

When I was a kid my eyes slanted to the extent that people around were I lived would ask if I was a little Asian. also I have black straight hair and for some reason not pale white like most the kids a went to school with. But I am just a white dude from Eastern Tennessee, no Asian in my family. Looking back at pictures from elementary school I can now see why they asked.

Dude, I had to lol at that! We have the same problem but just opposite! I was light skin with curly hair but looked Asian, that just threw people off.
BTW I just love the accent people from Tennessee have.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'd love to get mine done.
Since my dads side is native the records only go back as far as his mom. My grandfathers name isn't even on my fathers birth certificate. So to find out what natives I am would be cool.

Doesn't help that my dad was born in 1920. They didn't keep good records of native americans back then.....unless they were slaves .

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's very hard to guess my ethnicity and I make it worse when I talk. The way I dress and the hair cut not helping neither.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

A lot of the world is becoming mixed. Who really tries to stay "pure"?
Chinese? and who else?

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I get confused for Middle eastern a lot.

I thought you get confused for the entire middle east itself.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I am the most boring lilly white woman in America. However, my father and half my family are very dark skinned Frenchies.

Reddish-blond tall-skinny-soft spoken and no one has ever questioned by ethnicity. My voice is truly a dead giveaway and puts every one to sleep within earshot. Most boring human American woman.

Reddish-blonde tall and skinny seems like what many women are striving for!

There's no hope of that for me, so I just work with what I got

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No one gets mine right. I'm a Norlock with a slight mixture of other stuff. Basically, I'm a mutt.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I get confused for Middle eastern a lot.

I thought you get confused for the entire middle east itself.

Fun fact, the Dead Sea teemed with life before DB took a swim in it.

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Be careful what you give to companies.....they could be bought by no so good companies!!!!
big pharma just bought access to your DNA

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I did try to tell those that entertain the idea. Mine has already been on file before so it's not like I was loosing something that was already lost.

Like I said it is fun but at a very large cost. Unless you've already paid those dues.

<< 1    3 >>

join