It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIKE POMEPEO Tells Mideastern Leaders President OBAMA Shamed America - TRUMP is Reversing Course.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
January 10, 2019

As the former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, and now the U.S. Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo saw first hand, the negative effects of Obama Administration foreign policy.

Today, he laid it all out on the table, in a major speech in Cairo, Egypt. Here are key excerpts:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday launched an astonishing rebuke of former President Barack Obama’s foreign policy at the site of Obama’s famous speech to the Muslim world -- declaring that “the age of self-inflicted American shame is over.”

Pompeo delivered his remarks in Cairo, where Obama famously spoke in 2009 and promised a new beginning with Muslim and Arab countries. He was criticized by conservatives for placing too much blame on the U.S. for strife in the region.

Pompeo said, “It was here, in this city, another American stood before you” and “told you that radical Islamist terrorism does not stem from ideology.”

“He told you that 9/11 led my country to abandon its ideals, particularly in the Middle East,” he said at the American University in Cairo. “He told you that the United States and the Muslim world needed ‘a new beginning.’ The results of these misjudgments have been dire!”

“The good news is this: The age of self-inflicted American shame is over, and so are the policies that produced so much needless suffering. Now comes the real ‘new beginning,’” he said.

His speech emphasized America as a force for good in the region. He cited accomplishments under Trump’s leadership -- including the pushback of Islamic State, the withdrawal of more troops and personnel from Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and building a coalition to push back against Iranian influence.

“We have rediscovered our voice. We have rebuilt our relationships. We have rejected false overtures from enemies. And look at what we have accomplished together,” he said.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Back when Barack Obama was President, many U.S. leaders asserted that he was visiting various parts of the world, and "apologizing" for America. Today, Mike Pompeo finally explained what that meant, and the negative consequences.

"America First" is far more beneficial for peace-loving nations than, "America Apologizes".

-CareWeMust
edit on 1/10/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

His speech emphasized America as a force for good in the region. He cited accomplishments under Trump’s leadership -- including the pushback of Islamic State, the withdrawal of more troops and personnel from Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and building a coalition to push back against Iranian influence.

Sounds like a war hawk to me.

But what did we expect when we get the former CIA director as Secretary of State?

This is starting to irk me, one of the few things I could get behind Trump on was that he was seemingly willing to set up a strategy to dial back our Middle Eastern endeavors.

I don't see that happening with the likes of Pomepeo and Bolton.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Whatever it takes to get out of the Middle East.

None of Americans business.

We should protect Israel or build an identical Israel.

Preferably on some abandoned island.

Somewhere where the neighbors don’t want to push you into the sea.

Then watch the ME crumble under their own dogma.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
tRump is a pox upon us. I’m embarrassed to be an American. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why not a "Peace-Hawk"?

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why not a "Peace-Hawk"?

Because the last sentence of the paragraph I quoted shows his intent on a coalition to push back against Iran.

Now I may be a dumb little civilian, but I know what that kind of language means.

As a wise man once taught me....

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
tRump is a pox upon us. I’m embarrassed to be an American. a reply to: carewemust

We know that's how you feel, you won't let us forget.
edit on 10-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Pompeo said, “It was here, in this city, another American stood before you” and “told you that radical Islamist terrorism does not stem from ideology”.
Hesaid at the American University in Cairo.
“He told you that the United States and the Muslim world needed ‘a new beginning.’ The results of these misjudgments have been dire!”

Islam is the problem.

If Nazis were still running Germany would we be engaging in dialogue with such a hateful, intolerant ideology?

Hopefully this speech marks a new era in dealing with this bigoted, hateful, supremacist ideology.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Many of us share your embarrassment in the fact that you're an American, believe me.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

And yet, the rest of the world sees obama as the embarrassment. This new President is a big step back in the right direction.

Your President.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I'm embarrassed that you think you're an American. If our country embarrasses you, by all means find one that doesn't.
edit on 10-1-2019 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]burdman30ott6[/post]

originally posted by: [post]soundguy[/post]
tRump is a pox upon us. I’m embarrassed to be an American. a reply to: [post]carewemust[/post]

Many of us share your embarrassment in the fact that you're an American, believe me.

Direct insults at members from mods...

Boy what a place ats has become

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

How is agreeing with a member comiserating with him or her, "insulting" them? They expressed embarrassment at being an American and I share in their embarrassment that they are American.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post]burdman30ott6[/post]
a reply to: [post]bknapple32[/post]

How is agreeing with a member comiserating with him or her, "insulting" them? They expressed embarrassment at being an American and I share in their embarrassment that they are American.

Because I, like you know how to read between the lines. You know what youre saying.

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It's actually quite a key point - I am quite sure it is very embarrassing to many Americans that some of their country men and women run around all day shouting about how terrible America is just because they were disappointed their preferred candidate didn't win an election. It does, after all, make Americans look whiny and entitled, lamenting their lives whilst living like absolute kings compared to 99% of the rest of the world's population.

Take away the news cycle, the 24/7 propaganda from both sides of the ridiculous Washington beltway, and I'd suggest things are actually pretty good.
The only real embarrassment you have is one of riches.

If it makes you feel better, though, over in Britain we've always laughed at the crazies in America.
edit on 10/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: [post]UKTruth[/post]

The amount of self-lament about this country on ATS during the obama years was exactly the same from the other side. I didnt see mods saying they were embarrassed those members ( despite what they were going off about) were fellow contrymen.

Mods contributing to the discourse has always been a thing here- I guess I was just used to expecting more from them

posted on Jan, 10 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

To be fair, it has got a lot worse.
If you were not, for example, embarrassed at Ana Navarro's display today on CNN there is something slightly wrong with you.
I'd say most onlookers would have seen that from afar and thought you guys had flipped the crazy switch.
It's reached some epic levels. It's like you have millions of Charles Manson's running around whacked out on drugs looking for someone to kill. Crazy town.
edit on 10/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

To be fair, it has got a lot worse.
If you were not, for example, embarrassed at Ana Navarro's display today on CNN there is something slightly wrong with you.
I'd say most onlookers would have seen that from afar and thought you guys had flipped the crazy switch.
It's reached some epic levels. It's like you have millions of Charles Manson's running around whacked out on drugs looking for someone to kill. Crazy town.

Is Ana Navarro the Democrat on CNN who yawned and started filing her nails, when the police officer killed by an Illegal Alien was brought up?

new topics

top topics

join