It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Tues. Night- History Channel's Debut of "Project Blue Book" series...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Heads up for episode 5 next Tuesday. It's the show about the legendary Foo Fighters..

How many episodes in this season do you know ?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ConspiracyMysteries

do not know. I am like keep em coming though...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

Just doing my part to fix ats

If you care abouATS you'll star this post

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Episode # 5 tonight on the Foo Fighters.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My only complaint about this new series is when it ends and I'm stuck waiting another week for the next episode to air. No Outlander on Sunday nights since that season's over. No more football. No college baseball, though that starts soon. Nothing.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ok, so the latest episode maybe not the best of the series so far, but it was ok, definitely watchable, but really looking forward to the next installment called The Green Fireballs.

This is about the green fireballs sighted around many areas in the U.S. where nuclear weapons were being tested. I believe these happened during the late 40's-early 50's time frame, and made a pretty big splash at the time.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, well I REALLY liked this latest episode. I think the show is becoming a bit more like the "X-Files" with its conspiracy theories and sub plots that are going on, in addition to the central theme of each individual show, which may be entirely based for entertainment value and I have no problem with this by the way. Wasn't that impressed by the Air Force's opinion that these green fireballs were Russia's contribution and were spies, typical predictable military government denial response. Very good episode in my mind!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I think the show is becoming a bit more like the "X-Files" with its conspiracy theories and sub plots that are going on, in addition to the central theme of each individual show, which may be entirely based for entertainment value and I have no problem with this by the way.

Difference between this and the X-Files was that the latter appeared in the early days of the internet. I had access through the university that I worked at, and spent a lot of time on Fortean and alternet pages. The writers for the show were mining those sites, too and as a result something would come up on the boards, and a few weeks later be written into the scripts. Back in the FTP days. This one is ok, but I think the made-up stuff diminishes the real deal. And I also think they're being a mite rough on Von Braun and the rest of the Krauts.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Really really looking forward to our first possible abduction episode next Tuesday, when a Scoutmaster vanishes after seeing something in the woods.

sneek preview
edit on 15pm28pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have watched a few episodes of Project Blue Book and find it to be entertaining. Being very loosely based on J. Allen Hyneck's research, its a good science fiction show.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

I agree.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Found some really interesting info about the next installment called " The Scoutmaster" which was based on an encounter or maybe more like an attack, of a Scoutmaster and some kids in the Florida Everglades in 1952.

History's ongoing series on aliens and UFOs 'Project Blue Book' has done a remarkable job at bringing to the screen the real-life events that spurred the titular investigation undertaken by the US Air Force back in the 1950s. With each episode of the show based on sightings of mysterious flying objects, the upcoming seventh installment of the debut season will follow 'The Scoutmaster' DS "Sonny" DesVergers who was on the receiving end of what was believed to be a direct contact from the extraterrestrial. The incident following his detour into South Florida Everglades on an August night in 1952 had left him burned and barely coherent.

It was alleged the ufo discharged fireballs of some type:

After the encounter with what DesVergers claimed was an unidentified flying object discharging fireballs, Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, chief UFO investigator for the US Air Force — the man on whom the current show's character Michael Quinn (Michael Malarkey) is loosely based — labeled the incident as “the best hoax in UFO history.” However, despite experts' claims, the encounter revealed in now-declassified documents is simply unnerving and still remain unsolved.

As I already mentioned this sounds like more of an attack versus an encounter:

The reason this sighting managed to stand apart from the rest of them recorded in the investigation was that it wasn't just an encounter, it resembled an attack of sorts on the unsuspecting civilian, and had left him 'singed, and barely able to see', notes History's official website.

source

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

I have a question about tonight's episode (2-19-19). It does not deal with the Florida scoutmaster case but with another case involving a scoutmaster in Ohio (or some other middle-range state) which case turns out to be a hoax. I wonder if this episode will be followed by one based on the Florida case, which is fascinating. Also looking for more online discussions of this series, here or elsewhere. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Constance

I have a question about tonight's episode (2-19-19). It does not deal with the Florida scoutmaster case but with another case involving a scoutmaster in Ohio (or some other middle-range state) which case turns out to be a hoax. I wonder if this episode will be followed by one based on the Florida case, which is fascinating. Also looking for more online discussions of this series, here or elsewhere. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Lots of discussion on the "Project Blue book" official Twitter Page. The actors of the show leave comments as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Captain Quinn is my new hero/idol btw

edit on 20-2-2019 by TheOnlyBilko because: wanted to add idol

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
.... And I also think they're being a mite rough on Von Braun and the rest of the Krauts.

I missed that part, what exactly did they say?
edit on 20-2-2019 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Nice edit there Jim - I don't know if they were being 'too hard on the Germans' as I haven't seen any of the episodes but did they mention Von Braun's mentor (and father of modern rocketry) Herman Oberth and his views on UFOs?

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko
Captain Quinn is my new hero/idol btw

Hope they're not basing him on Quintanilla
edit on 12-3-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko

originally posted by: Constance

Lots of discussion on the "Project Blue book" official Twitter Page. The actors of the show leave comments as well.

Thank you for this information, Bilko. For anyone interested in the Florida scoutmaster case, here is a link:

www.iccra.org...(August%2019,%201952).htm

posted on Feb, 21 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
As I recall, the scientists were portrayed as a bunch of Aryan louts, just this side of swastika-emblazoned, and Von Braun was portrayed as a totally sketchy type. If that is true, it's the first I've heard of it, and I've been paying attention for a long time. I even wrote him a letter inquiring about UFOs, back in the day. It was, however, answered by the Air Force public relations office...with a publication about Project Blue Book.

An edit to say, Jim, that I did a web search trying to find the publication...I did once, and if it's on my computer, it's well hidden. But...I found this image, which I think may have been on the cover,
and was found on Jim Nichols UFO Art, I'll contact him for further info.

A second edit to say that Jim Nichols confirmed the image, and I found the cover of the book I was sent...now to find the guts!

And bingo!PDF[edi tby]edit on 21-2-2019 by JohnnyCanuck because: !

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The next episode is called "War Games".

This is based on a U.S. Army incident which happened during the Korean War.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join