It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Germany Just OK’d Child Marriage?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

So the US has had sharia "like" marriage for a while now. Not surprised.

They allow illegals to work their lawns, and clean their toilets when it suits them.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Not surprised.

I only wonder when Germany will find it legal to toss gays off of rooftops.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Really think it just reflects our rural heritage. Remember Elly May Clampett on "The Beverly Hillbillies," and how granny called her an old maid because she wasn't married by 16?

edit on 2-1-2019 by FilthyUSMonkey because: sp

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You think this is bad, it'll only get worse.

There's a push from elements of the extreme and radical left (and by left I mean self-proclaimed progressives) to rationalise and normalise pedophilia, some want it to become socially accepted behaviour akin to how society accepted gay people. Others just want it to just be another "mental illness" that they should be supported to live with. We should "love" and "accept" them and try to "understand" them.

I've seen the term "pedophobia" used akin to homophobia, ignoring that fear of a child molester is a perfectly rational thing.

But gays aren't sick evil #s like pedos. If I was gay I would frankly be insulted by lumped in with the pedophiles as part of a horrific abortion of a "rights" movement. It's the very same propaganda that was used against gays back in the day.

Thankfully this isn't a particularly large movement and nor is it mainstream. Generally it isn't accepted by the left at all and rightfully so. But it will be trouble if it becomes one. Imagine being arrested for "hate speech" against pedo garbage.

I imagine they get along just fine with those people who think we should accept horrific behaviour such as child marriages because it is "part of their culture". Well i'm sorry but we have a different culture in the west that doesn't accept forced pedophile child marriage, and frankly if they don't like it they should leave.

Personally I'd have every single pedophile lined up against the wall and shot, "culture" or not. But I guess i'm just an evil pedophobe.
edit on -060001pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

It's the BGH asking our BVerGE if individual examinations wouldn't be the better way to go about this ban from 2017. And they didn't even decide the case as of yet, so no.

Also wandte sich der BGH an das BVerfGE und erbat eine Prüfung, ob für die Wirksamkeit einer Kinderehe nicht besser eine Einzelfallprüfung vorgenommen werden müsse. Sonst könne insbesondere der im Grundgesetz verankerte Schutz der Ehe und Familie, aber auch der Gleichbehandlungsgrundsatz verletzt werden.

Nun soll das Bundesverfassungsgericht eine grundsätzliche Entscheidung treffen. (er)

Bun desverfassungsgericht soll Rechtmäßigkeit einer syrischen Kinderehe prüfen

From what i understand

According to OLG Bamberg, the marriage between the 14-year-old and her 21-year-old cousin is effective

In a bid to protect girls who were married abroad but sought asylum in Germany, the German parliament on June 1, 2017 had passed legislation banning child marriages. The so-called Law to Fight Child Marriage (Gesetz zur Bekämpfung von Kinderehen) set the minimum age of consent for marriage in Germany at 18 years and nullified all existing marriages, including those contracted abroad, where a participant was under the age of 16 at the time of the ceremony.
Germany's Federal Court of Justice, in its ruling, published on December 14, 2018, stated that the new law may be unconstitutional because it violated Articles 1 (human dignity), 2 (free development of personality), 3 (equal protection) and 6 (protection of marriage and family) of the Basic Law, which serves as the German constitution. The court also ruled that the new law cannot be applied retroactively, and therefore cannot apply to the Syrian couple, who were married in February 2015.

So in the meanwhile the case is suspended from the Federal Court of Justice and sent to the Federal Constitutional Court.
link

If the ban on child marriage is found unconstitutional they will be able to approve some and reject others on case by case basis.

"In the end, it is a question of principle to what extent Germany wants to accept foreign law, which is completely contrary to our law on important issues. It took centuries to remove the Middle Ages from our law; we must not now bring it back for reasons of alleged tolerance or 'individual case consideration.' Rather, we must say that in Germany, German law applies to all, especially in important legal interests such as life, health — or just the welfare of the child, with an immutable age limit for marriages.
"We should consider one more thing: judgments are made 'in the name of the people.' This people has clearly expressed through its representatives in the Bundestag that it no longer wants to recognize child marriage."

I think that in simple words is a matter of "us" educating them or "them" educating us. You know they come in a new country with their barbaric rules and we should be telling them straight from the gate: " in this country you don't marry children, you don't own your wife, you don't kill people for being gay or non believers. I don't care who you are or what prophet you follow, if you don't agree to live like this you can turn right back and GTFO from here".

Instead we are all sorry and excusing ourselves. Is your way of life to keep your women under a tent? no problem, we will cover ours too. You want to marry -buy a 14 years old girl, of course, just let us find the right excuse. You are offended by crosses on our churches, please excuse us, we will take them down. Oh, and sorry for that offensive cartoon, it will not happen again especially because you killed the cartoonist.

This is not political in the slightest for me. Is about common sense, or the obvious lack of it.
edit on 2-1-2019 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Kinda like Oz did, and still does, to the Aborigines????

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Its white peeps fault. We are becoming fat and lazy. If you honestly think brown peeps aint spoiling for payback for the last 2,000 years, then you are just naive. And all the soppy do-gooders will be the first with either their heads on the chopping block, or enslaved to the brown man. Sort of how I tell animal lovers that if a rabbit had the ability to kill and eat you, it would in a heartbeat. Best to stay on top.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Ridiculous, sad to see former-Germany so far gone (like most of those other "socialized" "nations")

Any religion promoting marriage between an adult and a child is unhinged, inappropriate and objectively wrong

But heck, wouldn't want to tick any Muslims off by denying them their "right" to victimize young children, mutilate their genitals or force them into a deranged belief system. Maybe they can get former-Germany to pass laws making it unlawful to serve meats in public places next...crybabies have already been doing it in former-France.

Welcome to the third world, Europe. At least they got to signal their virtual virtuous virtues by letting all sorts of refugees and illegals into what used to be their country. Not sure why any intelligent/sane population would ever give up control of their birth-right like that, but I am just thankful we are protected from that here in the States.

Any sort of Sharia law would be forcefully overruled by Patriots and other Real Americans so quick it'd give them whiplash.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
You think this is bad, it'll only get worse.

There's a push from elements of the extreme and radical left (and by left I mean self-proclaimed progressives) to rationalise and normalise pedophilia, some want it to become socially accepted behaviour akin to how society accepted gay people. Others just want it to just be another "mental illness" that they should be supported to live with. We should "love" and "accept" them and try to "understand" them.

I've seen the term "pedophobia" used akin to homophobia, ignoring that fear of a child molester is a perfectly rational thing.

But gays aren't sick evil #s like pedos. If I was gay I would frankly be insulted by lumped in with the pedophiles as part of a horrific abortion of a "rights" movement. It's the very same propaganda that was used against gays back in the day.

Thankfully this isn't a particularly large movement and nor is it mainstream. Generally it isn't accepted by the left at all and rightfully so. But it will be trouble if it becomes one. Imagine being arrested for "hate speech" against pedo garbage.

I imagine they get along just fine with those people who think we should accept horrific behaviour such as child marriages because it is "part of their culture". Well i'm sorry but we have a different culture in the west that doesn't accept forced pedophile child marriage, and frankly if they don't like it they should leave.

Personally I'd have every single pedophile lined up against the wall and shot, "culture" or not. But I guess i'm just an evil pedophobe.

what you talking about for gods sake?
pedophelia is a psycic disorder and for some man its a reason to kill them self. fact.
if you gonna kill a pedophile you go to jail. fact.
6 percent of the germans are muslims. fact.
its not allowed in germany to marry a child. fact.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Better add mormons to that list. lol

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So in the meanwhile the case is suspended from the Federal Court of Justice and sent to the Federal Constitutional Court.

Yes. The case highlighted the constitutional rights of a (willingly) married couple, hence their decision.

If the ban on child marriage is found unconstitutional they will be able to approve some and reject others on case by case basis.

As they already did, yes. And since we're talking about appr. 300 cases overall, I don't think that should be a problem.

This is not political in the slightest for me. Is about common sense, or the obvious lack of it.

I beg to differ. Constitutional rights only get thrown under the table that easily when it's not your second amendment.

Spin this he right way and cultural marxists are waging war on children again. Plus they OK'd child marriage, of course!!!oneoneeleven

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: JBurns

Better add mormons to that list. lol

And folks from from several US States:

Between 2000 and 2015, over 200,000 minors were legally married in the United States.[2] The vast majority of child marriages were between a child and an adult.[3][2] The majority of married children were girls.[2] As of October 2018, 48 out of 50 U.S. states have exceptions in their laws which allow children to marry (In 2018, Delaware[4] and New Jersey[5] became the first two states to completely ban child marriage). Of the 48 states which allow child marriage, 18 have no minimum age for minors to marry, under certain conditions[6][7], while 32 have a minimum age (ranging from 14 to 17). In addition, the District of Columbia and several US territories (such as Puerto Rico) allow children to marry.[8] Since 2016, several states have raised their minimum age for minors to marry, or added a minimum age when they previously did not have one.[9] In many cases, minors in the US are married when they are under the age of sexual consent in their area (which ranges from 16 to 18).[10] In some areas minors cannot legally divorce, leave their spouse, or enter a shelter to escape abuse.[11][12] In 2010 in Tennessee, three 10-year-old girls were married to men aged 24-31.[3] Meanwhile in Alabama, a 74-year-old man married a 14-year-old girl.[2] Both states have since set minimum ages, of 17[13] and 16 respectively.[14]

Link

Two Democratic lawmakers have introduced bills to prevent marriages in Tennessee where a party is under 18 years of age, after a national nonprofit cited three cases in the state where 10-year-old girls were married to adult men.

Link

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yes. The case highlighted the constitutional rights of a (willingly) married couple, hence their decision.

You see, this is the point. The case highlighted the constitutional rights of a man who married a 14 years old girl and now he claimed her back.
"willingly" as in a 14 years old girl can "willingly" marry her 21 years old cousin? I imagine you really believe that.
Maybe is news for you but there is no such thing as "willingly" for the muslim woman under Sharia law.

And constitutional rights applies from age 18 and up, if I'm not mistaken. Until then is "children rights".

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Like the hand maids tale on steroids. a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FilthyUSMonkey

Courtney Stodden comes to mind..

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

"willingly" as in a 14 years old girl can "willingly" marry her 21 years old cousin? I imagine you really believe that.

How old is she now, 17? So she'll have to wait another year to make up her own mind and her hubby has no such rights because he's a refugee?

Sure. And in other news: you're still a tad butt sore due to my heretic 2nd amendment analogy.
edit on 2-1-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Look at that. One already came out of the woodwork. Just another mental illness, am I right?

Am I supposed to feel bad that pedophiles kill themselves? World is better without them, frankly.

It would also be better without cultures that view pedophilia as acceptable, and the West should not allow people from these "cultures" to indulge in things that are 100% unacceptable in the West.

Would you be okay with mass female circumcision as well? What about concubines and sexual slavery? Young girls not being allowed to go to school because women are viewed as a lower class of person? Personally I think those things should be illegal as well, and in lots of places they already are.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

If anyone was suspicious of the ruling elite, this means that not only can children be married to old men but they can have multiple wives. How clever of them.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

My dad , an american man, married a 14 year old when he was 24. He was an alabama farmer at the time.

I'm against it and my father was not a good man.

Just reminding everyone that this stuff isn't just happening in places with sheria law.

posted on Jan, 2 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

How old is she now, 17? So she'll have to wait another year to make up her own mind and her hubby has no such rights because he's a refugee?

Sure. And in other news: you're still a tad butt sore due to my heretic 2nd amendment analogy.

That juvenile remark right there tells me you completely missed the point and the big picture; scoring internet points is probably much more important than to understand the underlying societal issue here. Even so, while you congratulate yourself for another armchair victory let me summarize for you what I was talking about:

1.Yes there was a ruling who clearly said that even if child-marriage is illegal in Germany this couple was married legally in Syria and the marriage consummated so the court cannot void that marriage. Which means that all these muslim men have to do from now on is marry those children in a country that allows them to do so and then legally enjoy that marriage in Germany. Is a precedent.

2.The law of another country should not overcome the german law, yet this ruling makes the exact opposite. Because stupid people and their political correctness. The german law is under no obligation to accommodate their barbaric laws. What, if I buy a slave in some other country and bring it with me in Germany it means that I have the right to keep it? After all is mine, I bought it legally, right?

Here on the bottom of the page you can find a whole lot of cases decided by the Sharia Law, not by the german law. Slowly but surely we recognize them the right to exist even in a western society.

3.Blanket ban on child marriage might be unconstitutional because obviously for the german court the right of a man to keep his pray trumps the rights of a minor to be protected.

4.A marriage between an adult and a child cannot be valid since a minor cannot legally enter such a contract, at least not in Germany. Talking about consent here is quite nonsense, as if an adult can do whatever he wants to a child as long as he gets him to consent. There are laws to protect children against exactly that. And if the poor man feels depraved of some right he didn't have in the first place then let him go back to the hole where he came from and fulfill his backward rights there.

5.You conveniently slide over the "willingly" part, and by keep talking about "she will make her own mind" shows me you never met mulsim women. They don't have the right to "their own mind", even less young girls. They are the property of their fathers and further down to their husbands. A father, a brother or a husband, by the Sharia Law can beat a woman and even kill her if he thinks she deserve it.

6. How hypocrite is of the german law to protect all minors against child marriage except those minors, because you know, their law is ok to abusing them?

And bottom line shouldn't we all ask ourselves who is this ruling benefiting and how it improves the society as a whole? It improve the rights of muslim girls and women? I don't think so. It improves the muslim culture? Duh.. It helps those two cultures find common points and assimilate better? Or it opens the gate to a whole lot of barbaric laws to find their place back in the western culture? what is next to be decided case by case, polygamy, female circumcision, honor killing, beheading?

So this what was my post was about, but in the heat of the anger I didn't explained it to the last detail. I believed it to be obvious for all of us. If you care to address any of this points you are welcome, if not you are also welcome and thank you for participating. And you can keep all your internet points.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join