It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

License-to-Kill Policing to Get a Trial Run in Rio de Janeiro (KOS Anyone With A Rifle)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
A bit scary if you think about it. I wonder what will happen to civilians who have firearms to protect themselves from criminals? I bet I know the answer.... I bet some special people in the US are going to watch how this works out. Selco just had an article recently about gun confiscation and mentioned that it went down like this during the Balkan war as well.

www.bloomberg.com...

As many as 120 sharpshooters will accompany police incursions into the slums of Brazil’s postcard city to exterminate gun-toting criminals, according to Flavio Pacca, a longtime associate of Witzel who the governor-elect’s press office said will join the administration. The shooters will work in pairs -- one to pull the trigger, one to monitor conditions and videotape deaths.

“The protocol will be to immediately neutralize, slaughter anyone who has a rifle,” Witzel, a federal judge and former Brazilian marine, told reporters in Brasilia on Dec. 12. “Whoever has a rifle isn’t worried about other people’s lives, they’re ready to eliminate anyone who crosses their path. This is a grave problem, not just in Rio de Janeiro, but also in other states.”

www.theorganicprepper.com...

Owning weapons
There used to be a law about weapons here, where I live, before the war. And yes, you could own a weapon but it was such a hard law that actually not too many people owned legal weapons.

And right when the SHTthe F, first thing that happened was the confiscation of legal weapons, based on lists of who own legal weapons.

Now what people could do then was to say, “This is my legal weapon. I have a right to own it, by the law.” And those who did that usually got shot.

There were 20 heavily armed guys at your door asking nicely for your weapon, to be turned over to them in the name of “law” as an effort of a government that wanted to calm down a chaotic situation.

Sometimes if you said no, those guys would simply destroy the whole house with RPGs and bombs.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

taking a page from Duterte's book on extrajudicial killing it would seem. kill whoever you want, then place a gun and perhaps a couple rounds of ammunition, and then claim they were killed for having a gun. a great way to kill off opponents of your policies.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
if they did this in my town I would have several notches on my belt and the community would be a safer place

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
You mean the belt they Would wrap around your neck to drag you outside
to shoot your belligerent butt in front of the neighors?
. a
reply to: toysforadults

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 24 Dec 2018 02:10:02 -0600Mon, 24 Dec 2018 02:10:02 -060018122018-12-24T02:10:02-06:00200000010 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

people like you wish

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
if they did this in my town I would have several notches on my belt and the community would be a safer place

I mean technically , if they are half decent snipers.......how would you have several notches before they "gotcha?"

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
People like me?a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
it amazes me - how merkins [ its always merkins ] - so utterly miss-read stories like this

there a lots of legal guns in brazil - and lwegal owners [ who obey the terms of thier licences ] - have zero to fear from this

short summary - you have to be over 21 , have a secure gun safe , demonstrate a reason to own each firearm , restrictions on transport , restrictions on where you can shoot

the last is the critical one here

legal gun owners - have drastic limits to what they can do " within city limits " to uise a term americans comprehend

basically - only @ registered shooting rangers within cities can MOST legal owners use thier firearms

outside cities - things are slightly more relaxed - but still - land owner permission and proximity to roads and residences apply

but hey - back to whats happening here

the police are targeting - what are sessentially crimiliaised " no go areas " - where gangs " rule "

there is almost ZERO open carry permitted in cities

so - they are shoot to kill - as the person has zero defence // justification

i support it

reclaim the streets

(post by ManBehindTheMask removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
it amazes me - how merkins [ its always merkins ] - so utterly miss-read stories like this

it always amazes me how people like you automatically jump to the conclusion that it is only and "always merkins" who have certain viewpoints. like for example people who believe guns should be less restricted than they are, and that includes in the US where it is a lot easier to legally own a gun in than many other countries. to put a point on it there are many people from many countries who believe this, not just Americans. no need to misread the story when you have seen how the exact same reasoning's have been used to OK the murder of many people.

there a lots of legal guns in brazil - and lwegal owners [ who obey the terms of thier licences ] - have zero to fear from this

yes this sounds exactly like the excuses given for Duterte's extrajudicial killings. "those who don't use drugs, and are not in the drug trade, have nothing to fear". and yet there have been very many people killed under the excuse of being a "druggie", who have had nothing to do with drugs. this farce of a war on drugs has even been used to deal with those who oppose Duterte and his extrajudicial killings. both being locked up for drugs if not just outright MURDERED with drugs being the excuse. you must admit it has been a great way to deal with political rivals, and someone you just might not like.

short summary - you have to be over 21 , have a secure gun safe , demonstrate a reason to own each firearm , restrictions on transport , restrictions on where you can shoot

16 is an old enough age to own a gun. after all you can drive at that age
. something that needs at least the same amount of maturity. and a legitimate reason to own a gun is just as simple as i want a gun, no other reason should be needed.

the last is the critical one here

legal gun owners - have drastic limits to what they can do " within city limits " to uise a term americans comprehend

basically - only @ registered shooting rangers within cities can MOST legal owners use thier firearms

outside cities - things are slightly more relaxed - but still - land owner permission and proximity to roads and residences apply

don't forget that you should be able to use a gun to protect yourself and your property. probably about the most reasoned reason for owning a gun.

the police are targeting - what are sessentially crimiliaised " no go areas " - where gangs " rule "

there is almost ZERO open carry permitted in cities

so - they are shoot to kill - as the person has zero defence // justification

i support it

and you wonder why those areas are "no go areas"? because with idiotic gun laws, the only people that have the guns are the criminals. to whom being the only ones with guns can for some reason use their guns to force everyone to let them take over. even to force people to work with them. in short the problem has been in part created by idiotic gun laws to begin with.

and no one has a good defense when they are extrajudicially MURDERED without due process. especially when it is easy to just plant weapons to justify their actions. just as in the Philippines where drugs and guns are sometimes planted after the murder to justify the claim of the person being involved with drugs. other times they don't even bother, they just wrap them up and put a sign on the body that says something like "drug user".

reclaim the streets

more like time to reclaim rights, freedoms and protection from a tyrannical government.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Way I understand it, the slums (which this is targeting) are basically a war zone, do I think it's over the top sure. But it's also not my country, if the people of Brazil don't want this it's up to them to get rid of the politicians

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
News like this makes me want to find a little cabin, up North in some vast & snowy wilderness, to eke out a simple living alone with the grandeur of nature - getting my share of human contact when the Spring comes & supplies are required. Not because I dislike the thought of social contact, or fear it - but because I despair at what is happening in this world. I have no solutions. I once thought I did, but all I can now say is that I hope those that are better able to do so, will come along with some real solutions to this entire vista of #storm. It's awful to consider how these people are subject to such miserable conditions - and yet, they aren't even the worst that humanity endures, nor has it been anything but largely brutal for thousands upon thousands of years.

I hope in hope, and I trust in God, but I just don't understand how we can sort this out. Any of it. The good is being skewed by the day, and the bad just keeps eating at the rest of us.

Prayers at Christmas-time.

edit on DecemberMonday18012CST08America/Chicago-060007 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

We are friends in spirit. Every single word, thought and concept in that post rang true for me.

Have a Merry Christmas my friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Thank you for your kind words - God bless to you & yours during the season of peace & goodwill. I know that somehow we'll eventually find a way to deal with the problems we face, but I fear there's a long, long road ahead of us.

When I get down to really thinking about the issues we face, although I don't have any firm solutions in mind, it seems to me that several strands of problems need to be re=appraised in the light of the information warfare age. ('Fake news' is a cheap moniker which stops us from understanding that we are in a true information war). Globalism (as we currently know it) & nationalism (as we superficially understand it) will never be the solution. A fine balance needs to be struck, and although there are significant issues with the system, the general approach of (for example) the Norwegians, bringing the government, the management, and the unions together equaly at the table, seems to be the only fair & country-simple way to begin to address our grand-scale problems.

I know very well that the 'Scandinavian model' is unpalatable to many, whose concerns I echo - but it seems to me that a tripartite solution of somesuch nature will be the only way forwards as we continue to see technology replacing human workers in so many areas. I even wonder about the use of a Universal Basic Income, and definitely beelieve that the time has come to at least open the conversation on such matters. I recall that a trial in India demonstrated that people became very entrepreneurial with their available allowance funds & many started micro-businesses, safe in the knowledge that their most basic needs were met. I genuinely think that a proper application of that sort of system might be the way forwards, but I don't know how we would begin to apply it & I don't know if we'll ever be able to adopt a version which appeases the main concerns of both the left & the right (the true left/right, not the phony sham systems being touted by the mainstream media, whose only purpose is to divide the people in order that the least worst system of partisanship can be propped up somewhat precariously to provide what we currently possess).

But in fairness, I think I'd probably prefer to be whiling away the time by the wood burner in my cosy little cabin while the intelligentsia start to address the problems at hand. I know I'm not qualified to offer any real support for any political system or methodology, even though I do care quite deeply about the issues at hand. All I can do is perhaps have informal conversation in forums & hope to help open the discussions, if nothing else. Faith should bring us through, but action at the moments of opportunity will be what saves us. People who are able to take charge of aspects of the system & gradually chip away at the neoptism from within, elevating truly socially balanced systems over the course of time.

Signing off before my quiet rant gets more cynical/ depressive!

Have a great Christmas & New Year.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I don't believe in "Universal Basic Income". I do not see a world where workers are not needed anytime in the next few decades.

If, and I mean If it comes to job shortages due to automation and robotics, then we should start early social security retirement and let the younger citizens of our great nation have the jobs.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

No that's okay. Use the real term please.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

“Whoever has a rifle isn’t worried about other people’s lives, they’re ready to eliminate anyone who crosses their path. This is a grave problem, not just in Rio de Janeiro, but also in other states.”

It's obvious that this spokesman doesn't see the irony in that statement...

I understand that the slums, called favelas, are rife with crime, but this ain't the way, people. Seriously.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Doesn't it though??

That's, in essence, what I'm going to try to do in Tennessee--if/when I get there...I sometimes wonder--just a little 2-3 acres home with a bit of garden, a workshop, and a whole lot of "stay off my lawn".

I'm a loner by nature, anyway...so it'd be no great sacrifice, on my part.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Merkins? Who are they?

top topics

join