It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitley Strieber's Response to Peter Jennings' Special

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You know, I think the most important question one has to ask themselves is not whether or not UFO's exist but whether they believe they exist. No matter what believers do, there are just some people who will never believe Aliens exist, not even if one is standing before them.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen
You know, I think the most important question one has to ask themselves is not whether or not UFO's exist but whether they believe they exist. No matter what believers do, there are just some people who will never believe Aliens exist, not even if one is standing before them.

OK I'll take a stab at the question.

Yes, I believe aliens exist in the cosmos.

No, I do not believe UFO's are visiting Earth.

I also think one has to ask if someone wants to believe that UFO's are conspiring in secret with out govt.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to believe that UFO's are here and our dastardly govt. is covering things up. That would be great, it would really take the pressure off.

Didn't get the job? Its not your fault, the aliens/govt conspiracy is to blame.

Did not win the lottery? Aliens/govt again!

IRS on your case? Wait a minute that is a govt conspiracy.

Please don't take this post too seriously, just trying to ave some fun.!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think Whitney Strieber is on the level and not scamming at all. If you people beating him up are doing so because of the MOVIE "COMMUNION" please stop. The MOVIE "COMMUNION" and the BOOK "COMMUNION" are two totally separate stories. I do not understand how anyone could be scared by the MOVIE "COMMUNION" it was every bit as campy as "MARS ATTACKS".
Hollywood totally butchered the story in "COMMUNION". I recommend what I consider to be Strieber's best and most important book "THE SECRET SCHOOL".....and stay away from Hollywood movies that are made for intertainment when you are looking to seriously study something.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
First off, I'd like to say great post to Off_The_Street. I think I can agree with it almost 100%, sounds totally reasonable.

RANT, I dont think it's fair to discredit Strieber's claims of being abducted just because he's a sci-fi writer. If the alien abduction phenomenon is indeed real, can we not assume every human is eligible...coincidences or not? Also, I dont know if I can buy into the sleep paralysis explanation. Mainly because many abductions have been reported to happen from locations other than the bedroom (forests, highways, etc). I dont know, just trying to keep in open mind.

And how can we not consider alien abduction to be the most important aspect of the UFO phenomenon? It's at least pretty high up there. Think about it, if it's real then it is indeed our only true connection to these ET's. The only time we are in close proximity to them. And the only time they are actually doing something directly to us. I dont think it gets anymore significant than that.

Anyways I think the journal entry was just Strieber's personal, opinionated response to the Jennings special, and no one can argue with that. It's what he felt about it, and I happen to concur with most of his feelings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join