It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic pole moving fast now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This seems very interesting as the magnetic pole is going through some fast changes, this guy is monitoring it on a daily basis, and estimates at its present rate of migration toward Siberia , it will reach the forty degree line in seven years as it speeds up, and then flip. It might mean as the sun goes into a minimum and puts out more cosmic rays, its ability to deflect will be under some stress.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
"How long does it take for the Earth's magnetic field to switch?
The rate of reversals in the Earth's magnetic field has varied widely over time. 72 million years ago (Ma), the field reversed 5 times in a million years. In a 4-million-year period centered on 54 Ma, there were 10 reversals; at around 42 Ma, 17 reversals took place in the span of 3 million years."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It might mean as the sun goes into a minimum and puts out more cosmic rays, its ability to deflect will be under some stress.

Wow. You're really confused. The Sun does not put out more cosmic rays during Solar Minimum

But the good news is that the atmosphere does a real good job of stopping cosmic rays even if the magnetosphere doesn't.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

So this is more climate change?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Nah.
The drift of the magnetic poles doesn't affect climate. Not so you'd notice.

edit on 12/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's actually heading back towards the geographic North Pole.

Link

I think the dude in the video is confused maybe?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh come on now, let the climate change crowd take credit for it.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The Sun does not put out more cosmic rays during Solar Minimum

Apparently during Solar Minimum the solar wind from the Sun weaken, allowing more cosmic rays into the Solar system

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

As I understand it , in a solar minimum the spots decrease, and the coronal holes increase, and its these which put out the cosmic rays.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You understand wrong. Or, if that's that the stupid video says, it's wrong.

See the post above yours for something that isn't wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So how come the cosmic ray influx has gone up, because of the suns coronal hole

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

because of the suns coronal hole

No. It's because the solar wind decreases as Solar minimum approaches. This means that the extent of the heliosphere decreases, making it easier for galactic cosmic rays to penetrate deeper into the Solar System.

Interestingly, coronal holes produce what is known as a "fast solar wind", but overall it doesn't help hold back galactic cosmic rays.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see the effect it will have on magnetically sensitive creatures like pigeons and bees. Saying that, perhaps they just adjust to it over time, which is interesting in itself.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This movement may be what is effecting our climate. I would say it probably has more to do with the altered weather patterns than the carbon increasing in our atmosphere. Are the two related? Is the melting of the arctic actually stimulating the movement? I wouldn't think so, but this movement could be causing the northern lights to expand a bit.

I would say mining ore bodies could possibly alter the poles, so could earthquakes and volcano eruptions. By altering mineral deposits in both cases. Would fracking effect this change, I doubt that, that could only do some local events just as small mines pulling out mineral deposits would. Huge mines or multiple mines in an area could possibly alter the electromagnetics a little.

Even building big cities alters how magnetics run through the earth, the higher the buildings the more the effect of change. But even cities probably do not effect the big picture, just local ground currents are effected.

So how would that effect us where I live? I'm a Yooper. I studied this a while back hoping that our weather may get better. Guess what...I guess we are stuck with five months of winter here no matter what happens. Global warming is also not going to warm us up from what I see. I will always need a snow scoop, snowblower, and plow truck no matter what happens, But there is one good thing, we can laugh that nothing changes in the UP.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. It's because the solar wind decreases as Solar minimum approaches. This means that the extent of the heliosphere decreases, making it easier for galactic cosmic rays to penetrate deeper into the Solar System.

Interestingly, coronal holes produce what is known as a "fast solar wind", but overall it doesn't help hold back galactic cosmic rays.

Is it possible that these cosmic rays can have something to do with the thread? Could energy coming from a different direction actually effect the magnetic pole. Energy interacts with everything.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

When they finally slam together...will we all fall off?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Is it possible that these cosmic rays can have something to do with the thread?
Yes.
The theory of the thread is that we are going to die because cosmic rays from the Sun during solar minimum will kill us all.

Or something.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Bizzare cosmic rays emanating FROM antarctica

There’s something mysterious coming up from the frozen ground in Antarctica, and it could break physics as we know it.

Found it interesting ..

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So your saying we might be able to gain superpowers from these galactic cosmic rays?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

No. That requires gamma rays.
But it makes you green. And ugly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join