It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uranus "Hit by Rock twice the size of Earth" (AP)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin
Not tectonic.
The primary theory is that it is a result of magmatic (volcanic) activity. It is, after all, part of Tharsis Bulge.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Seems the Moon could be a result of such a collision as well.

Is there a chance that this happened recently?

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1
Compared to what?
Define "recently."

edit on 12/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Moon cresent way off I've witnessed this two times now from my backyard

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Oh. Not this again.
Your observational skills and astronomical understanding are lacking. The Moon is perfectly fine.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Dude, the moon is stable, cyclic, and is where it is predicted to be every second of every day mankind has been on this planet observing it.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I've never seen it before honestly where's my lacking in this maybe you can get this clear for me?

I've learned it always goes sideways from left to right not top to bottom
edit on 0b35America/ChicagoFri, 21 Dec 2018 19:12:35 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 21 Dec 2018 19:12:35 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I've learned it always goes sideways from left to right not top to bottom

You've learned (or assumed) wrong
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well , that clarifies enough it should be right then I can't remember it but probably I was mistaken. .

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: Justoneman

I don't know why when I read the title that I thought this event happened recently. So when I started reading I got disappointed.

True , I didn't quite think how it read to others as well as I normally do.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Seems the Moon could be a result of such a collision as well.

Is there a chance that this happened recently?

Maybe, recently as in a few thousand years but not like in the last few hundred IMO.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Justoneman

lol... from your title, I thought this might have happened recently...
maybe you should change your title, just so no one has a heart attack""

I know, right?

I already had petted the dogs and told them they had been good boys, and called my parents to tell 'em I was comin' to visit...real soon!

Well, you I would expect to not go that far. I was quoting the part that tugged at my inner being.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Oh. Not this again.
Your observational skills and astronomical understanding are lacking. The Moon is perfectly fine.

Wrong!I looked last month and the moon wasn`t there,so the moon in the sky is a recent phenomenon.Like maybe the last two days or something!

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The orientation of the crescent moon can normally vary greatly due to several factors -- Time of the year, the phase relative to the time of the year, whether it's waxing or waning, and whether it is rising or setting.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Well , that clarifies enough it should be right then I can't remember it but probably I was mistaken. .

Well, at least you're not claiming it's the Mengele Effect in action. lol

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I read the title and immediately wanted to come in here and say "Thank Uranus." Idk. It was just funny to me.

I too, thought that it was going to be something that was just detected like within the past week. I was actually thinking that would have been cool. Astronomer still waking up catches Uranus spinning differently, looks at their coffee, scratches head, looks at their watch, looks around, checks Uranus out again. Realization sets in and rushes off to publicize their findings.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Sadly one of the greatest intellects in this field has passed away and with him his website metaresearch.org is also apparently gone.
This man was able to talk to scientists and astronomers on there own level and even put them under the table more often than not by winning those argument's.

Because of his belief that the FACE ON MARS was an artificial structure he came in for a lot of critique from those that want and NEED to force that onto the fringe but that is another subject entirely if probably related to the vein of this thread and his belief is that Mars was possibly a moon of a larger planet that somehow exploded showering one side of mars in debris.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.ldolphin.org...

He was one of the main champion's and adherent's of the Exploded Planet hypothesis
en.wikipedia.org...

Currently there is believed to be in excess of a million objects large enough to be categorized as Asteroid's in the Asteroid belt and an unknown but much vaster number of small object's, the estimated mass of the known object's though is as you would expect if a much larger planet was to be destroyed by an explosion or massive impact throwing much of it's debris well away from it's original orbital path now spread out over a fairly wide region as you would expect for some remains of such a destroyed planet to have become due to there variable mass and velocity's so some are in higher orbit's and some in lower orbit's but if gathered together there is now only about enough mass to create a planet smaller than our moon, then again the bulk of the original mass would have been catapulted by such a destruction into elliptical orbit's and would have then been absorbed by the gravity of other planet's as a short (in the life span of the solar system) reign of terror that may have lasted anywhere from a few hundred thousand to several million years or more.

If you were to model the variation in gravity of a given planet as it moves in it's own ellipse around the sun upon the asteroid belt - then model it for it's influence on each and every object you would have a set of sinusoidal pattern's as the gravity dipped and rose again, then if you make one for each of the known body's in our solar system including the asteroid's themselves and used a computer to combine them you would end up with a very complex wave pattern indeed that would no longer be simply a neat sinusoidal wave form but a heck of a lot more variable, then add to that the potential for near solar system passes by other stars and there own complex solar system's gravitation influence even if it is only minor and that pattern becomes even more complex as well as morphing over time.

then argue how could a stable asteroid belt survive over 4 billion years?, how likely is it and how unlikely for it to still survive - but then if you make that asteroid belt YOUNGER than 4 billion years it's likelihood increased exponentially.

edit on 22-12-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Venus is also an oddball, having a very slow retrograde rotation. Venusian day is longer than its year!

Which probably points to a collision with a likewise-sized body in the early Solar System.

While Velikovsky had some wild and unsupported ideas, the early Solar System was indeed a chaotic place, and there's a hypothesis that gas giants like Saturn and Jupiter formed in the inner Solar System and then migrated outwards.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

This happens every winter, and is due to the ecliptic being higher in the sky during the night. It's the same reason the Sun is low in the sky during the day.

So, in summer you'll see the Moon relatively low in the sky, but in winter it goes up really high (at night time).

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Labtech. I am not satisfied with the debunking done on the Face but what can he do? Scientist looking into this should have an open mind and challenge the theory as he has. The 'consensus' was practiced here and it seemed to lean toward cover ups and not really trying to answer questions with clear pic's, etc..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join