It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can stop illegal immigration without building a wall almost overnight.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There is a very simple solution to stopping illegal immigration. It doesn't require spending billions on a massive wall, money that could be used for better things like infrastructure. A wall wont work for a multitude of reasons. I will get to that later. There is a very simple solution to all this, and its right under our noses and I am sure that some of you have thought of it already. Its a twofold solution. Here it is.

1. Jail their employers.

Create a law that puts anyone who knowingly hires an illegal alien in jail for a minimum of 20 years, mandatory sentence, and NO parole. No excuses. For every additional illegal immigrant hired, DOUBLE the sentence. In addition, sieze all their assets and use the money to fund enforcement and ICE. It should be enforced in all 50 states and be a federal statuate.

2. Stop ALL public assistance for anyone found to have entered the country illegally.

Self explanatory. Take away food stamps and or any public assistance for people who enter the country illegally. Period.

Innitiate these two actions and within a year you would see a complete end to illegal immigration. You have just removed any incentive for someone to come here illegally. It WOULD work.

As for why a wall wouldn't work:

1. people will simply find other ways in. By boat or airplane for example.
2. They will travel to Canada and enter from the Northern Border. It will end up costing them a bit more, but they can fly to any city in Southern Canada and just come across the border that way.

3. Tunnels. The drug cartels have already shown us how good they are at building tunnels. This would give them a new incentive to do it.

edit on 17-12-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Good luck getting congress to pass that law.

I agree 100% but lobbyists would have to be outlawed first.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I've been saying this a long time. The wrong people are being punished. It's all part of the game.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There will never be a wall because many corporations want illegals to work for slave wages in nasty environments like slaughter houses, chicken processing plants and the hotel industry, stoop labor in the ag industry, etc. No workmans comp, no insurance, the corps that use slave labor also have lobbyist to keep the status quo just like it is. There's simply to much profit in cheap labor.

Trump just uses his "wall" as a symbol to keep his base riled up. And "mexico will pay for it" is just stupid! Even trump uses undocumented workers

www.palmbeachpost.com...
edit on 17-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ummm...it doesn't cost "billions" of dollars to build a freaking wall!! We build better walls every single day, and they don't cost "billions" of dollars!

Oh, and then there's the I-9...so, isn't there already laws about not hiring illegal aliens??? Yes, it's for federal and state work, but farms don't spend trillions of dollars, governments do.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Good Post OP.
It is like the saying, dont feed the bears and they will not come.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Good luck getting congress to pass that law.

I agree 100% but lobbyists would have to be outlawed first.

Yep.
Follow the money as they say.
That is where you will find who wants them in.

The chamber of commerce is a big suppoter for illegals.
edit on 17-12-2018 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be about digging a long trench, filling it with water, putting in aligators and pirhanas, and spikes to break apart boats trying to go over it.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Ummm...it doesn't cost "billions" of dollars to build a freaking wall!! We build better walls every single day, and they don't cost "billions" of dollars!

Oh, and then there's the I-9...so, isn't there already laws about not hiring illegal aliens??? Yes, it's for federal and state work, but farms don't spend trillions of dollars, governments do.

It does (cost 5b) when you get government contracts involved...too many pockets...

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I believe it is already a law, hence false IDs. But when more than 63% of illegals are on public assistance, I know that is the larger draw.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
There will never be a wall because many corporations want illegals to work for slave wages in nasty environments like slaughter houses, chicken processing plants and the hotel industry, stoop labor in the ag industry, etc. No workmans comp, no insurance, the corps that use slave labor also have lobbyist to keep the status quo just like it is. There's simply to much profit in cheap labor.

Trump just uses his "wall" as a symbol to keep his base riled up. And "mexico will pay for it" is just stupid!

So to stop all that, I am sure you are completely on board with changing the laws so that all the horrible sweatshops will be closed down and we don't have that problem anymore?

Awesome!!! Call your Democratic Congresscritter tomorrow and share the dream... I'm sure it will be something the Democrats will jump right on as a first priority!!

Oh wait....

LOL

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So to stop all that, I am sure you are completely on board with changing the laws so that all the horrible sweatshops will be closed down and we don't have that problem anymore?

Crops are rotting in the field because there aren't enough Americans to harvest crops with stoop labor. And the tarriffs are putting many farmers out of business. How much inflation are you willing to tolerate?

nordic.businessinsider.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.reuters.com...

btw, I'm not a democrat. They don't listen to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Do you want mole-men.
Walls are how you make mole-men.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Great idea. You know what? The wall just got 10 feet higher.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
I believe it is already a law, hence false IDs. But when more than 63% of illegals are on public assistance, I know that is the larger draw.

Walmart and fast food lobbyists have no problem with the illegals taking welfare since other people are paying for it others will carry water for them.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

How in the blue hell is a South American asylum caravan going to enter the US through Canada? And, if that ever becomes a thing, build a Northern Wall, too.

They will find other ways in, but there are plenty of methods to stop those ways, too. Boats can be sunk, airplanes aren't going to happen because, again, we're talking about people who lack the funds to even obtain motorized transit through Mexico, and ground penetrating radar solves the tunnel issue quite well.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

It does (cost 5b) when you get government contracts involved...too many pockets...

all that doesn't matter because the Mexicans are going to pay for it.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Pretty sure both of your suggestions in the first post there are already law- so we just need to enforce law.

Starting with total reform of benefits.
20 years seems a bit harsh for employment, even two years with a multiplier for each offense would keep most anyone from hiring more than one... But the idea is there, and it would work assuming it was actually enforced.
Since the laws we already have are being ignored, I'm not sure you'll have much luck there.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
"Build the Wall" Video by Zed Vibes & Cigar Wrappers
3:11

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Damn, you have detected the weakness in his cunning plan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join