It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate it When That Happens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You get into shower, and unbeknownst to you there is one little jagged place on a fingernail; as you are trying to shampoo your hair, stray hairs get caught in the menacing jagged part, and you find you can't properly wash your hair. You must try to shampoo it with nine fingers, or it hurts and tears your hair.

You go to the grocery store, and grab the most convenient shopping cart. You are half way down the produce aisle, when you realize your cart has a bump in the wheel. It bumps as you push it, and makes a loud noise to boot. Other shoppers cover their mouths and point at you laughing. (Not really, but it feels like they are.)

You order something online and when it arrives something is wrong with it. You need to return it, which means having to go to the post office. You don't want to go so you put it off for so long it is beyond the return date, so you are stuck with it. You take it to Goodwill, hoping somebody will buy it that can fix it, but even the goodwill doesn't want it.

You buy a two-fer somewhere, but when you get to the cashier, it's not in the computer. You have to wait and hold up the line while they send somebody to check it. The other line people start looking for another line, clearly annoyed, and when the runner guy gets back, it wasn't a two-fer after all. That was for the other brand you didn't want, even though the sign was under the one you wanted.

What annoys you?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I drive on PA Turnpike every morning for about an hour. The speed limit is 70 mph, I usually cruise around 75. Every once in a while you will get some jackass who tailgates right on your bumper when stuck behind a truck or there are multiple cars in front of you. It's like they think I can magically make the drivers in front of me go faster because they are in a hurry. That definitely annoys me......
edit on pm1212201818America/Chicago16p01pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Grrrr I hate tailgaters. I will try to let them pass, and watch them go annoy the crap out of the person who was in front of me. Also people who drive 45 in the passing lane. SO ANNOYING.

Oh, and those big trucks on the interstate. They can block both lanes. It's like, oh, we're going up this hill, and that truck can only go 45, but I can pass him because I can go 46. The rest of us have to wait the 10 minutes it takes him to pass.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I hate when I'm in the grocery store and someone parks their cart in the middle of the aisle and then they stand looking at a product for three hours, blocking the entire aisle. You say excuse me, which then jostles them out of a deep coma. They look at you like they did not realize other people are allowed to shop in the store too.

or--- when you've waited in line at a place like Qdoba or Subway. The line is looooooooong. The person in front of you finally get asked what they would like and they DON't Know.... One day I just want to shake them, shake them hard and ask what the hell they have been thinking about while staring at the menu for the last twenty minutes!

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
You get into shower, and unbeknownst to you there is one little jagged place on a fingernail; as you are trying to shampoo your hair, stray hairs get caught in the menacing jagged part, and you find you can't properly wash your hair. You must try to shampoo it with nine fingers, or it hurts and tears your hair.

Had this one happen last night washing my hair.

I gave myself a shower manicure with my teeth. The nail will regrow.

You go to the grocery store, and grab the most convenient shopping cart. You are half way down the produce aisle, when you realize your cart has a bump in the wheel. It bumps as you push it, and makes a loud noise to boot. Other shoppers cover their mouths and point at you laughing. (Not really, but it feels like they are.)

Heh, had this happen a few days ago, too. The wheel wasn't bumpy & noisy when I got it, but halfway through the store, something got stuck on it and it was making a hell of a racket. Luckily (for me, not her) some woman's toddler had a mega-tantrum meltdown in the store, so I think my annoying cart noise was effectively drowned out.

You order something online and when it arrives something is wrong with it. You need to return it, which means having to go to the post office. You don't want to go so you put it off for so long it is beyond the return date, so you are stuck with it. You take it to Goodwill, hoping somebody will buy it that can fix it, but even the goodwill doesn't want it.

I've gotten incredibly lucky with online purchases -- the ONE thing that broke after arrival was a Christmas gift, on Christmas, a bow & arrow set, the bow broke when my kid drew it. The company got back to me immediately the next morning after I contacted them via Amazon, told me to toss the broken one, refunded me every penny AND mailed a replacement that day. That's some serious customer service commitment there.

Another thing that was handled similarly was a beer glass I had made for my husband's birthday, the box was smashed & the glass shattered in transit. I didn't have a chance to complain, UPS sent it back to them before it even made it here and the company got in touch immediately, refunded every cent and sent a new one out.

Companies like those are the ones that get my repeat business

You buy a two-fer somewhere, but when you get to the cashier, it's not in the computer. You have to wait and hold up the line while they send somebody to check it. The other line people start looking for another line, clearly annoyed, and when the runner guy gets back, it wasn't a two-fer after all. That was for the other brand you didn't want, even though the sign was under the one you wanted.

I've had this happen. It's about as embarrassing as it gets, isn't it? < blush >
edit on 12/16/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/16/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Try taking a vitamin A supplement, but only a couple of hundred percent of RDA. It can help nails to stop cracking like that if you are deficient. It also helps with the little vertical lines. Or just gorge on grassfed liver or braunsweiner.

It also can help your eyes and hair, both need it. Some people are better at converting carotines to retinol than others, some people need the retinol version or they have to munch on carrots like a bunny.

I hate when the grocery carts do that too.

edit on 16-12-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I suffer from a Gypsy curse.

Whatever line I am in at the store, at whatever time of day. . . it will be the longest, slowest line with a kindly old lady at the front paying for 5,000.00 dollars worth of groceries with pennies and a coupon that expired in 1978.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I hate when I'm in the grocery store and someone parks their cart in the middle of the aisle and then they stand looking at a product for three hours, blocking the entire aisle. You say excuse me, which then jostles them out of a deep coma. They look at you like they did not realize other people are allowed to shop in the store too.

*Gulps* I'm probably guilty of that. But ya know, you're on a aisle by yourself, and start reading a label or something, (yes, in lalaland) and suddenly someone clears their throat. Loudly. But I apologize. *sniffs*. I'll try to do better.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nyiah, I probably shouldn't say "good". But good. I'm not alone.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Try taking a vitamin A supplement, but only a couple of hundred percent of RDA. It can help nails to stop cracking like that if you are deficient. It also helps with the little vertical lines. Or just gorge on grassfed liver or braunsweiner.

It also can help your eyes and hair, both need it. Some people are better at converting carotines to retinol than others, some people need the retinol version or they have to munch on carrots like a bunny.

If I take 6,000 iu's of D-3 everyday, my nails get very long and hard. I have to cut them off. I can't imagine why lots of women want long fingernails. They get in my way! ( I do like the polish though) And I do want them to be healthy, shiny and stuff.

I probably do need some Vit. A. though. I don't think I have that, and only eat carrots when they come in salads. Although I always keep them because dogs LOVE them. But my eyes get strained so easily. Like now.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I suffer from a Gypsy curse.

Whatever line I am in at the store, at whatever time of day. . . it will be the longest, slowest line with a kindly old lady at the front paying for 5,000.00 dollars worth of groceries with pennies and a coupon that expired in 1978.

Yes, and those annoying people who get in the Express lane, even though they have WAY more than 10 items.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Fools driving slow in the fast lane. I wanna do a pit manoeuvre on them. My car has a device that turns lights red. It annoys the bejeezus out of me.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You rush across the hall to pick up the phone and stub your toe in the process which means you spend the majority of the phone call trying not to cry tears of pain a reply to: angeldoll

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I've had the jagged nail thing while washing hair happen many times and yes it's extremely annoying.

Also it's a known fact that when you sit down to wrap gifts, you will spend most of that time locating the scissors and tape that we're "literally right there a second ago! I set it down right there!"

I also can't decide whether it's better to go grocery shopping hungry or right after you eat. When I go while I'm hungy I end up buying everything I see. When I do it after eating, I will under shop and not get much at all. Can anyone solve this one!?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I ordered an expensive bass fishing rod. I was all excited to see the nice shiny rod. I opened the end of the tube it came in and found it was empty.

I hate the guy who tailgates me on the interstate and then when I get out of their way it takes them forever to go by. I get stuck behind a semi.

A lady the other day overpaid me giving me my change. I went back in to let her know so her till wouldn't be short and she gave me a look like I was trying to rip her off. Didn't even say thank you. What a miserable human being.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jess_Undefined

All of those! And going to the grocery store hungry, and wanting everything in sight.
Go with a full stomach, and come home with an apple or something.

lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

ordered an expensive bass fishing rod. I was all excited to see the nice shiny rod. I opened the end of the tube it came in and found it was empty.

I bet somebody stole it. What did you do?

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: rickymouse

If I take 6,000 iu's of D-3 everyday, my nails get very long and hard. I have to cut them off. I can't imagine why lots of women want long fingernails. They get in my way! ( I do like the polish though) And I do want them to be healthy, shiny and stuff.

I probably do need some Vit. A. though. I don't think I have that, and only eat carrots when they come in salads. Although I always keep them because dogs LOVE them. But my eyes get strained so easily. Like now.

D3 is the type of vitamin D that is the same as D2 after it is processed by the skin from sun exposure. It then goes to the liver where it is converted to calcidiol by the liver. Then it goes to the kidneys that metabolizes it to the active form, calcitriol. That stimulates the digestive system to take in Calcium. The calcitriol actually helps to protect the brain from alzheimer disease too. Something to do with helping to keep the calcium working in the brain which prevents cell death. In the form of calcidiol, it also has some functions in the body but I cannot remember what they were, probably assists in some enzyme or protein creation or something. Potatoes contain the active form of calcitriol but your blood test measures the D3 and D2 levels in the body. If calcium is normal in the body from eating nightshades and some root veggies, the tests can show a vitamin D deficiency but it does not mean that it is making you ill. Too much potatoes can cause some calcification of soft tissues, limit them to about three or four meals a week and remember, tomatoes and eggplant also contain this chemistry in appreciable amounts. Potatoes also contain ample B6 which is needed for some metabolic cycles and have caratins or polyphenols of their own. Best to use real butter with potatoes instead of margarine, K1 in margarine, K2 in butter.

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jess_Undefined
I've had the jagged nail thing while washing hair happen many times and yes it's extremely annoying.

Also it's a known fact that when you sit down to wrap gifts, you will spend most of that time locating the scissors and tape that we're "literally right there a second ago! I set it down right there!"

OMFG, don't I know it. I have one of these somewhere:

but hell if I know where. I had it out last year while I was wrapping presents, and sure as s#, it disappeared on me in mid-wrapping. I didn't accidentally wrap it -- I unwrapped the gift and checked. It wasn't ANYWHERE, and hasn't turned up again. The cutting implement black hole is real, people.

I also can't decide whether it's better to go grocery shopping hungry or right after you eat. When I go while I'm hungy I end up buying everything I see. When I do it after eating, I will under shop and not get much at all. Can anyone solve this one!?

I have to make my husband eat before we go grocery shopping, otherwise he buys everything not nailed down. He went to get a handful of fruits for summer snacking earlier this year. The staples -- apples, bananas, grapes, oranges. He came back with none of them, and $200 worth of steaks, hamburger, bratwurst, various sausages, etc. You went for FRUIT, dude, FRUIT. Where's the fruit!? "Uh, they had a meat sale going and it all looked pretty damn good, nowgetoutofmyway,I'mgrillingsteaks."

posted on Dec, 16 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I called bass pro shop and they sent me another..........so that was cool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join