It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are alone then what a brilliant oppurtunity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was thinking today whether or not we are alone which deep down i am certain we are not however in this galaxy it is possible that we are alone which could be a good thing. Just think, if there are other beings out there somewhere it is more than likely that they will generally imitate darwinian traits ie survival of the fittest or as some call it 'war'.
Right now (depending what u believe) we have a chance to establish ourselves in this galaxy by that i mean however long it takes to get the tech needed to do this, it could be 100s of years or we could have a miracle propulsion breakthrough tomorrow (unless we already have it in BPs).

U can be sure though that when we do get access to space the human population is going to grow exponentially into hundreds of trillions and with that our military presence (as a united race hopefully by that time) will be extremely formidable by todays standards with unthinkably destructive weapons (anti matter). Now i can guess that many reading this will be thinking i am some right wing facist who wants a starship trooper future which is not correct, the way i see it we don't have any choice if we truly want to defend ourselves from other aggressors. The fact is that, from what we know life ALLWAYS has to fight for its survival ( ie resources) if not on a cosmic scale then great but isnt it better to be prepared for anything?

[edit on 26-2-2005 by ufo3]

[edit on 26-2-2005 by ufo3]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
As far as i know, most of the extraterrestrial civilizations who are visiting earth come from our good old milky way.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We are arrogant to think that we are alone in the Universe. We are very primitive species and any advanced civilization would not reveal themselves until we grow up.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok I reckon aliens are buzzing around in space, but that's still a pretty interestin idea; if we were alone, we could spread out, virus style, and infect any area of the galaxy we want. That'd be cool, but of course good old Earth would be forgotten *sob* but oh well. Wow we could really take off, I mean all those different minerals and treasures out there to steal. Cool idea, but I think it's like our destiny to meet up with the other people out there- oay they might be little grey mcNasties and reptiles and probers, but surely there'd be some people out there with basically the same features and brains as us, and maybe even at the same point in their evolution of civilizatuion...we could compare notes, so to speak. Or, we could combine our two planets peoples and ideas, currencies etc. into one biplanetary system.

Hehe, or we could nuke 'em; that's the most likely outcome.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
U have to remember that once we can travel these huge distances needed to get anywhere in space resources wont even be an issue, i mean the universe is probably infinite in size anyway.

Odd

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
ufo3, I see the point you're trying to make here, and I agree with you.

IF we are alone in the galaxy, it is, in fact, a glorious thing for mankind.

Think about it... that would mean that we are the uncontested heirs of the galaxy! Everything is ours, and no other species will suffer because of our expansion... we'll be able to expand as much as we need to, meaning that our civilization will last far longer than it would if we were competing with other species for planets and resources.

Whether or not there are extraterrestrial civilizations out there, there are limitless opportunities available to mankind... but it would still be nice to know for sure.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thats the idea, however i am almost certain there will be life in the universe somewhere i just dont know if it will be in our own galaxy or trillions of light years away, unlike many others on here i have not seen a ufo for sure and i look at the sky quite often LOL.

top topics

join