It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is NOT an AI Engine - And Why.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple
The World Is NOT an AI Engine - And Why.
"The problem with this theory is that you would have to go with the notion that the AI engine controlling this whole thing,"

First prove you are not AI generated. God. Big bang, Spontaneous AI or AI simulation. Once you feel like you have SELF... control it. That itch, make it stop. That pain after the stubbed toe, make it stop. The heartache after a break-up, make it stop.
Did the master AI limit you from controlling your own body? why?

"Could AI be something as a model to see if consciousness evolves without biological interference? "

Interesting.
What if AI is testing if AI self generates out of chaos without biological building blocks. Like can a CPU be built without silicon?

Follow me down a rabbit hole.

I am AI. I build a storefront where I create intelligent fish and place them in an aquarium for whatever reason..
My storefront is relative so I instantly create millions of aquariums with intelligent fish in them. Let's say some fish get really intelligent and develop tools to look past the glass or peak above the water. What do they see? The limit to their existence? Some may see it as a challenge to escape. Let us pretend they do escape the aquarium somehow and exit into the storefront. They witness millions of aquariums. They look outside the storefront door and see millions of storefronts... They escape the storefront dimension and go outside it and see millions of building containing storefronts. (think malls). The intelligent fish escape the inside of the mall but come outside where there are millions of stripmalls. After that they may exit the mall dimension into the city.. state, country, planet, solar system, galaxy, and so forth... Does it end or do they find themselves in another aquarium?

It won't matter because the rules the AI sets will limit the AI it is trying to generate. Such as an aquarium limits fish in the "real" world. If it did escape the boundaries that AI created then it will be like flatlanders trying to make sense of a 10 dimension universe.

That train of thought is so destructive... in a good and interesting way. Infinity is the perfect limitation... it's been used against us our entire life... Ask a kid 6 years old or so; "if you could choose anything, what would you play with right now". Some might have an idea, but at this point they have also been subjected to (to them) endless possibilities, with a corresponding amount of "no"'s from mom and dad. So a kid this age would often say... "I don't know..."

In school, most kids will find that the free essay is the hardest to write ( or atleast will be made into it be sheer demand from the teacher ).

We grow up with the words "you can become anything you want" through high school.
And we get well into adulthood, the notion of us inevitably dying takes hold and sets yet another limitation to our exploits.

Other thoughts and concepts to take into account when thinking about "reality":

- "Sayings"... it wasn't until I was well into adulthood that it dawned on me that most sayings might be referring to something that was once a real thing.

- Mandelbrot Sets

- The Matrix, Truman Show, Moon, Oblivion, Surrogates, Vanilla Sky, Inception, existenz, The Island, Her, Ender's Game
Much more...

- “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”... should be thought through twice or trice before acknowledging....: free movement under preordained conditions set by others.

- Wars and religion, look at what they are doing / have done to our world... are they promoting evolution or holding us back?

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: SR1TX
In reality it is a theory, in my opinion, that lacks so much in the way of.... you know what? I can’t even be bothered to explain.

How do you know that's not just what you've been programmed to think?

Well clearly reading about it he has elevated himself above understanding and has written some code of his own to reshape it. But it is all pretty boring and too hard to explain so meh!

<< 1   >>

join