It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Canada Fathers lose child benefits if they get a girlfriend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Kalsek
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Again this is derailing the thread, im not advocating for the benefits, this is a societal choice that has been made by Canadians. Im advocating that men should be treated equally in regards to it.

Also i am happy to pay taxes that go to families who need it. Some are happy to see their tax dollars fund a 700 billion a year war program, others care about the people in need.

Americans are not capable of more than 2 or 3 thoughts at a time. Literally everything in this country boils down to that logic.

I actually didnt even bother explaining what the Child benefits were because I was certain it existed in USA also.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Says the country that pays $600 billion on killing people overseas.

I don't think America has any room to talk when it comes to where others' taxes go.

For real. Other countries actually care about their citizens and fellow brethren. Not this idiocracy.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalsek

This country is a giant mess and trust me when I tell you its not worth discussing with Americans because of their selfish logic.

That's why I'm building an in demand skill to move out of country.

As another member state the child care issues in this country are FUBAR I mean seeiously broken. Its a very high risk proposition to have kids here.
edit on 4-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Is there no financial help for families with low incomes? A quick google search showed me this accounts to 24 million kids.

Jesus,

Child Poverty
About 15 million children in the United States – 21% of all children – live in families with incomes below the federal poverty threshold, a measurement that has been shown to underestimate the needs of families. Research shows that, on average, families need an income of about twice that level to cover basic expenses. Using this standard, 43% of children live in low-income families.

www.nccp.org...
edit on 4-12-2018 by Kalsek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would like to think I'm a feminist, and I also think this is highly unfair. For me feminism is truly about equality. Which is why I am also part of a group that fights for Father's rights to their children. Because I know that even though things are unfair to woman, there is also plenty unfair to men. The child court cases being a big one. Men rarely win equal time with their children after separation and divorce and that needs to change like tomorrow. Children need their fathers just as much.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

41% of all kids in America recurve help from government

The econony is in horrible shape for young families especially people who are educated.

Essentially 60% of our country is barely surviving.
edit on 4-12-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

These numbers are so crazy coming from a country that generates so much #ing money.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jess_Undefined

Amen to that. And also I think that a good mother or good father will recognize the importance of the other parents in their child's life like you mentioned.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yup. The Romans had less inequality.

We have a situation where a handful of people live high on the hig while everyone else gets reprimanded and told to work harder.

Cough cough.

The Fed and government is forcing my generation to pay for the baby boomers pensions then ending the pension programs for the future.

If ou don't believe me look at the unfunded pension liabilities and what the Fed has been doing to prop up the markets.

But yea most children here are being raised in poverty. Its a disgrace.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Jess_Undefined

Amen to that. And also I think that a good mother or good father will recognize the importance of the other parents in their child's life like you mentioned.

We have a problem here where people stop maturing around 17-25 and stay in that mindset until death. Most men and women lack the maturity to be that discriminatory. The average American is far to selfish to take on this mindset.

Its why I plan on moving.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

the work harder argument, like someone said earlier is total bs. I know a man who works harder then me as a dishwasher 70 hours a week and barely survives and does it all to feed his family and the idea for him to go back to school or get a 2nd job is just insulting given the situation he is in. Did some of his choices in life led him there? probably. Or maybe he was stuck in a cycle of poverty from the start, with parents living in the same situation not able to give him enough tools to succeed financially. But the reason for his poverty is a non factor, it is my duty as a Canadian to have my taxes help him out.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Most of that money goes to corporations. America is a corporatocracy in the guise of a Republic. Look at the recent permanent tax cut given to the ultra-wealthy to see where all that money goes and has been going for decades.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Theres more to life than producing a product for someone else to sell

We have serious social issues. If you look at the cultural and social problems faced by the northern hemisphere during the last maunder minimum you will get an idea of where we are headed.

Expect issues like you mention in this thread to worse .

The good news at the age of enlightenment began in 1715. The year the minimum end.

So in a few decades we should see a new age of enlightenment where people begin to seek reason again.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Shoot, with the internet we finally get to see the effects of that money. It also serves to educate on the vulnerabilities of other weapons systems. I can't wait for my 10kw "flashlight" lasers. Going to fry invasive but tasty ducks for hobos with it. Those hobos appreciate some cooked duck. Invite FWC for a nice photo op too on their new initiative to combat homeless hunger

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why is it that the idea of giving to the countrymen in need is more repulsive then giving to the filthy rich? Even the ones just getting by seem more infuriated by their tax dollars going to less fortunate than to the rich.

It is like a massive ecnonomical stockholm syndrome, defended to death by its victims. I think this is why whoever is in charge makes sure to divide Americans so much in this left-right narrative so they can't stop and see how they are all victim of the same system that enslaves them.

I just came back to ATs but since 2016 when I would read on and off I would find it very sad to see all these Americans hating on fellow Americans because of this political affiliation garbage.

You guys are all brothers of one of the Greatest Nation to ever exist in terms of culture, technological advancements etc.. Why hate so much on each other. both the extreme left and right are total nutcases, but something has to happen to reunite Americans.
edit on 4-12-2018 by Kalsek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Tip of the ice berg. Idiocracy for real. Its bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head. When those in power convince the masses that the enemy is their neighbor they no longer fight the people in high places, they simply play the blame game with who their preferred propaganda outlet tells them to blame.

Then when those truly in power game the system they get off scott free because people are too busy either defending and/or attacking themselves and others to take much notice. Take all these subjective social issues over the past 2+ years, even though nothing has been accomplished from fighting over them bills like the permanent tax cut for the elites goes relatively unnoticed.

While they jingle shiny keys in one hand (subjective social issues) they make backroom deals with the other (permanent tax cuts).

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Says the country that pays $600 billion on killing people overseas.

I don't think America has any room to talk when it comes to where others' taxes go.

Son, you win first prize in the "What-the-f*uck does that have to do with the OP's topic" category for today.

Congratulations!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Boohoo!

I've been lucky to pay child support to my ex for 14 years despite her being married twice and owning a multi-million dollar business.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Again this is derailing the thread, im not advocating for the benefits, this is a societal choice that has been made by Canadians. Im advocating that men should be treated equally in regards to it.

Also i am happy to pay taxes that go to families who need it. Some are happy to see their tax dollars fund a 700 billion a year war program, others care about the people in need.

Americans are not capable of more than 2 or 3 thoughts at a time. Literally everything in this country boils down to that logic.

And you came to this conclusion......How?

There's at least a fry-cook job at McDonald's waiting just for you if you can stop your bitching long enough to string more than one sentence together.

Please! Dazzle me with your wisdom!
edit on 5-12-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join