It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got a wisdom tooth pulled any advice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Don't listen to the others in here, thick milkshake thru a straw.
😁

Yeah, like a Wendy's Frosty right out of the machine!

Damn near sucked one of my eyeballs outta' the socket once tryin' to get some of that Frosty through the dang straw. Thought my head was gonna' implode. One leg was shorter than the other for about a week (walked around in big circles).

Concrete malt from culver.
😈

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don't suck.

It can't be said enough.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

had one pulled in angola in the early 70s give me gip for years

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Don't get cocky about it. Even if you aren't feeling anything. Act as if it's a gaping bleeding hole in your mouth (which it is), a place with germs galore.

I had all four wisdom teeth pulled seperately, over the course of about a year and a half. So I went through that # 4 times. I was super careful the first two times; did everything the dentist told me to, and avoided everytning they told me to. Drink liquids tonight and at least for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. Have soup or some shakes. It won't kill you to not eat solid food for a few hours.

With my third tooth, since my first two had been no big deal, I got cocky and wasn't as careful post-yank. Got a dry socket and a little infection. # me, you do NOT want that.

Go easy for a few days, seriously. Get some soup.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Agree with using a teabag. Just pick a flavor you like.

Totally disagree with the no smoking tho, have had mine pulled an was smoking before I got out of the parking lot. As long as you remember it's an open wound that has to heal from the inside out an keep it clean an damp you'll be fine.

Ditto on the tea bags and not getting dry socket I got it bad when I got my wisdom teeth pulled the last extraction I had went fine though as I was extra cautious because I wanted to avoid returning to dry socket hell. I don’t smoke but I do vape and was back to vaping that night just used as little suction as possible with no troubles.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That's what I needed to hear. Because I feel great but should still play it safe.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This should be perfect for you.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Your yap should be up and running again, full steam, in a couple of days.

Honestly, if your wisdom tooth was bugging you, giving you a sore jaw, then the relief from that alone is worth the few days of bs.
I have one that was pushing up against another tooth. Last night at my work Xmas party it decided to break.
Doesn’t hurt or isn’t sensitive at least, just sharp as hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Oh that's not good, right before the weekend too.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Ya it cut the inside of my cheek pretty good. Just Made an apt for an extraction tomorrow

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Ya it cut the inside of my cheek pretty good. Just Made an apt for an extraction tomorrow

If it was that exposed it should only take then five to ten minutes, maybe a little trickier since it broke.

Insist on laughing gas.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Never hand the gas before.
Might be fun.
I know when I got a root canal, I was so number up that I couldn’t feel a think in my yap.
To be honest I was scared crapless initially. Thought it was gonna be an intensely painful experience. Couldn’t feel a thing thankfully

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Never hand the gas before.
Might be fun.
I know when I got a root canal, I was so number up that I couldn’t feel a think in my yap.
To be honest I was scared crapless initially. Thought it was gonna be an intensely painful experience. Couldn’t feel a thing thankfully

Usually the the local anesthic shors are actually the most unpleasant part but if they’ll give you the gas go for it, whenever I get NOX I’m quite the character usually have the whole office rolling I’m always a bit of a clown but the gas turns me into quite the riot.
edit on 12/1/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The local anesthetic works wonders, but you can still feel your head move and hear everything.

The NOX is about 50$, takes the anxiousness away and puts you on cloud 9.

They give you oxygen to bring you back to clarity too, so you can drive afterwards.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Haha, very nice.

It's incredible and would even opt for it rather than going under if it's ever a choice. Going under should only be done when absolutely needed.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You may feel a bit stupid for awhile.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I only got one pulled, simple extraction. Done about two hours ago.

I feel fine, didn't go under so I'm not loopy.

Food is going to be the only issue.

Any tips on what to eat on the first day? They said no rinsing, so should I just drink some fluid after before re applying gauze?

Yes! I has advice don't know if it's good or not...(disclaimer for whatever reason)

I recently, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving in America, had oral surgery and oh my freaking gosh!!!!!

Soups are your friend although I DID eat some mashed potatoes. I tired of potatoes fairly quickly which my Father came from Ireland so I thought I must have it in my DNA to eat them everyday...NOPE!

You can make all sorts of soups, taco type soups and chicken. My idea is to put every single vegetable in it that I can stand and the broth/stock alone will keep you going.

I went to work this morning for a few hours and felt terrible!
I came home and made some soup with what was just in the fridge/freezer. It made me feel better within the hour, no joke.

It was only
onion, chicken (shredded really really small), carrots, potatoes, garlic and stock... it really IS a cure all and it was fantastic.

My daughter put hot sauce on hers but, not me as I still have stitches.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: KansasGirl

That's what I needed to hear. Because I feel great but should still play it safe.

Yes, play it safe!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join