It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More on Racism ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I've been reading threads on here about racism including one where someone stated that Jesus is black. I cannot express how angry threads like this make me. It doesn't matter if Jesus was black or white! He was Jesus, that is certainly all that should matter.

Now maybe it is difficult for any American to full comprehend this, but I live in a country where we don't have racism. And if by chance there are a very small amount of older people in remote places of Canada who may still have such ideas in their head, they know better than to voice them.
In my country, we don't HAVE to hire a certain number of blacks, or accept a certain number of blacks in our school. We hire who is best for the job, we accept who has the best test scores in our schools. I am glad that I live in a country where someones colour of their skin really doesn't matter. And I think its sad that in America, there has to be these laws because of the fact that there are racists.

However, I truly believe that because of reverse racism, America could never be like Canada on this issue. The more blacks that are out there claiming that Jesus was black (and therefore suggesting that blacks are supreme), or that whites are terrible because we are all racist and don't realize it, the worse these people are making the situation.

And another thing ... If I were to make a movie called 'Black Men Can't Skate', imagine the reaction!

Racism can never truly end until ALL races stop being racist and realize that we are all different and thats a great thing! Reverse racism is just as bad as racism and shame on America for giving in to it!

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
the KKK needs to be slaughtered, the largest brand of racism we face nowadays is religous racism. look at the middle east, most of their BS is based on religious differences. why can't we all just sit down for a minute, and not kill each other. i mean, just NOT. there is no need for it! what the # is wrong with people if they have nothin better to do then go blow themselves up all day. get a #in clue!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm the only one on this site who says Jesus was black because he was.

It has nothing to do with what race is better or not, it's just the truth. When you know something is the truth your not going to hide it just because some people won't believe it or like it.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Interesting read MessedUpAnnie.

And I would agree that America, as usual (!), has a rascist problem. Are we the only one's though? America is the largest melting pot in the world! We have more 'cultures' under one 'banner' than any one country or nation on the face of this globe. In such, racism will obviously be a problem. America has so much diversity that it can not be helped from having division.

I am glad that your particular part of the world has "no racism." Racism in America is a fact and is a fact to the extent that it will never fully go away till we educate ourselves and learn to "do unto others as we would have them do unto us."

One could also look at it this way also......all this diversity creating divisions also acts as a catylist for unity.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I'm the only one on this site who says Jesus was black because he was.

It has nothing to do with what race is better or not, it's just the truth. When you know something is the truth your not going to hide it just because some people won't believe it or like it.

Thats retarded! I'm sorry but it is.

It's not about hiding the truth, it's about not having to mention it when it doesn't matter!

Benjamin Franklin was white ... do we all go around mentioning the colour of his skin?

Why do you feel the need to do this?

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't see it retarded at all to mention that Jesus was black...

...however, I do see it retarded to believe the person mentioned Jesus was black in order to make some claim that blacks were superior...thats what you read into what Ill67 said...and as Ill67 has replied, thats not the case...

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by alien]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think it matters like this.

If Jesus was a shade of black, and if the Christian Churches of the renaissance period (or earlier) produced icons and images of Christ that made him pure white, and altered the facts of who he was, and then used this imagery to inculcate some ideas of white supremacy and the oppression of non-whites, then that is evil.

If it happened.

This thread would benefit with some art history in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
...Jesus was not white, he was not black, he was dark skinned (as in Middle Eastern). He did not look like a hippie (this thought drives me crazy)! This would drive Americans crazy (knowing that Jesus could have looked like a terrorist). These are facts!

[I like to use my parentheses as you can see.]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
I don't see it retarded at all to mention that Jesus was black...

...however, I do see it retarded to believe the person mentioned Jesus was black in order to make some claim that blacks were superior...thats what you read into what Ill67 said...and as Ill67 has replied, thats not the case...

OK ... well I don't really know why he mentioned it .. when i said that I was actually venturing a guess. I have now asked him why he has a need to mention this and until I hear his reply, I have no clue why he feels the need to.

Again, I would not mention the colour of anyones skin important in history, I don't see it as an issue .. and furthermore, I think it is sad that some people do. We should remember people in history for the things they did, not for what colour their skin was. The same way people of the present should be remembered and treated for who the are and what they contribute, not what race they are.

A long time ago, colour mattered ... why oh why hasn't this changed? Have we not come this far?

ps. Please don't make this a debate about what colour Jesus' skin was .. I REALLY don't care!

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I would love to comment on this but, I cannot to the full extent that I would like. However, I do agree that Jesus was black as well as the Jews back then. In fact, i heard the current pics of Jesus were actually Michagelos brother---but that is hearsay. I can't back that up.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I think it matters like this.

If Jesus was a shade of black, and if the Christian Churches of the renaissance period (or earlier) produced icons and images of Christ that made him pure white, and altered the facts of who he was, and then used this imagery to inculcate some ideas of white supremacy and the oppression of non-whites, then that is evil.

If it happened.

This thread would benefit with some art history in my opinion.

I agree and I'm sorry, I don't have any history on that .. I'm sure Illmatic does and I'd love to learn about that.

I guess what I'm saying is to me personally, it doesn't matter. I never viewed Jesus as someone of any particular race.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You say you don't care what colour his skin was...why then did you make mention of Ill67s comment and then make mention of how angry things like that make you...its obvious that you care by the very fact you took time to make the comment on it.

Also...hate to break this to you...but you state your country is without racism. Personally I find that VERY difficult to believe...for racism is not just something that exists in the Policies of National or Local Government Bodies...it is not just something that exists within the codes of conduct that govern employers, or educational institutions or any other facet of 'Institutionalised Racism'...

...racism exists within the hearts of Man...so unless your country is devoid of humans, I would say it does in fact suffer from some form of racism...the extent of which is the true question.

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by alien]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmmm. If Jesus came back and he was black, do you think anyone would believe him to be the Son of God?

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
As in America, they wanted to use blacks as slaves because they would be able to take the heat and hard work much easier than other races. From that, people in the US got the picture that blacks were just people who don't have souls and had no other purpose (which is diffinately not true). Then slaves were freed and the south was angry- of course- and soon let their anger go back to blacks (who they thought were just slaves with no other uses).

Seeing what people do and did to blacks makes me want to kill off all racists in the world.

Notes to self:
After I take over the world.
1) Torture Bush.
2) Make fads illegal.
3) Hang all racists.
4) Torture Bush again.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Camo Dude: Don't forget to fit in breakfast and lunch with that schedule.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cammo Dude
Seeing what people do and did to blacks makes me want to kill off all racists in the world.

While I appreciate what you are saying...and acknowledge what you are feeling...it isn't just Blacks that have been the victims of racism...nor is it just Whites that have been the perpetrators of racism...racism is something ALL races have, at one point or another, been subjected to...and have also subjected others to.

Many cultures, both White and Black, have been oppressed and killed off in order for another culture to spread their own empire, their own people.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
how did this turn from racism to Jesus.

here is what we all need to remember boys and girls. Jesus Christ brought about the most drastic reform the world has seen, ever, and in a Roman Empire who placed their beliefs in an ancient religion of gods of the land sea and air, and all other aspects of life, their retort was the expected one. who gives a damn what color jesus was? i sure as hell don't. you all have to remember the real truth in matter.

JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED IN ORDER TO SAVE US ALL!!!!!!!!

and now, 2oo3 years later, we find ourselves sittin on the internet arguin about what color his skin was.

i don't even belive in god, seeing as jesus was a real person i can argue this matter. peace yall.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by Cammo Dude

While I appreciate what you are saying...and acknowledge what you are feeling...it isn't just Blacks that have been the victims of racism...nor is it just Whites that have been the perpetrators of racism...racism is something ALL races have, at one point or another, been subjected to...and have also subjected others to.

Many cultures, both White and Black, have been oppressed and killed off in order for another culture to spread their own empire, their own people.

Peace,
ALIEN

You're right on that point. I concede that.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Somebody told me that Jesus was a Capricorn and he ate organic food.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why does it matter? It's my own personal belief that if we all knew without a doubt that Jesus was black racism would not exist. Of course there'd be those kind of people, but it wouldnt be like today.

Imagine the second coming of Christ when he descends from the clouds. Some people will actually turn away and say, "Jesus is black???????? NO!!!!!!!!!!!" It's sad but true.

People dont argue over Benjamim Franklin's skin color but everyone knows he was white. No one doubts it. People argue over Jesus' skin color because he's portrayed as a white man when he wasnt. That's why I argue over it.

There are two possibilities on who the portraits of "Jesus" actually is. I never heard of the Michaelangelo story but I heard some pope asked Leonardo to draw him a picture of Christ and instead Leonardo drew him his half-brother. Apparently, Leonardo had a sense of humor.

The second is Cesare Borgia, the second son of Pope Alexander.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join