It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting tired of racism. There is no such thing as race! Come on people.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I value those within my nation who behave like people, not animals, those who uphold those too weak to defend themselves, instead of preying on the vulnerable.

That puts me at odds with far too many of my countrymen, and its government, especially when the country is run by the thrice cursed Conservative Party, whose main intention has been the extermination by neglect, or at least the rendering voiceless, of anyone who continues to be or becomes financially destitute as a result of their policies.

UKIP, the Conservatives, the Tommy Robinson following SCUM out there... There is nothing to be proud of, there is no possibility of reconciliation. These parasites, these worms, these utter abominations against all that is good and decent in the world, make it impossible for me to be optimistic or proud of my whole nation. They make it necessary for me to be VERY specific about the things I respect about my country, and while there are many things I can respect about my country, to do so with those glaring stains remaining, without expunging them entirely first, would be utterly improper.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America

And his nephew simultaneously founded statistics and eugenics.

Evolution has come a long way since Darwin and statistics has come a long way since Galton.

If you're going to write off evolution because Darwin had racist beliefs should we also write off the Bible for the absolutely abhorrent beliefs held by the people of the time?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The concept of race and racism are being mashed in to one and that can not happen.

Race is simply a set of characteristics based on geographic origin. Racism is a mechanism by which one set of characteristics insults or disenfranchises another set of characteristics.

Race is part of identity. Racism is exerting force or control over a different identity than your own. It is as much a machination of individuals as it is for an entire set of characteristics based on geographic origin.

In modern times racism has been perverted into a character assassination to use on anyone who displays a different set of priorities or preferences. And that itself is a form of racism.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: yuppa

No. I am basing it purely upon geographical location. No physical characteristics whatsoever. Ethnicity implies a familial or tribal relationship. Africa or Far East contains I don't know how many ethnic groups.

We have already moved to referring to European peoples and African peoples. Like Afro-American. It just not defined by gene pools yet in the literature.

A swedish study debunked that there are different races. You are flat wrong on location making someone a diff race.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: yuppa

No. I am basing it purely upon geographical location. No physical characteristics whatsoever. Ethnicity implies a familial or tribal relationship. Africa or Far East contains I don't know how many ethnic groups.

We have already moved to referring to European peoples and African peoples. Like Afro-American. It just not defined by gene pools yet in the literature.

A swedish study debunked that there are different races. You are flat wrong on location making someone a diff race.

So if basically the entire human race moves to different corners of the earth in three groups and become isolated from each other for thousands of years. Over which time they start to develop different cultures, histories, and even different physical characteristics. They get to where you can distinguish between them just by looking at them.

What do the Swedish call that? Because this is a real thing that really happened. It is undeniable and scientific. People lived in Africa, Europe, and the far east. So if you don't think that's races, what do you call it?

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Very extended family or more commonly "people group". The point I was making, semantics aside, we are all one group of equal people and there is no scriptural or scientific basis for hateful racism.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OK now it's "people group." I certainly hope you don't think anything I said is hateful racism or implied that any people are not equal. In fact the entire basis of my thesis is that by identifying people's origins only in geographic terms we can avoid all of that. This is why I avoid ideas like subspecies or even ethnic groups.

If you think people were not isolated, just look at old maps. Several hundred years ago, we did not even know anything about Asia or Africa below the Sahara. It is a fact. It is not even possible to discuss the history of the world in any realistic manner if you deny this.

You appear to have your own language in Sweden. I never heard the term people group before, we don't say that in the US. I hope you don't feel offended.

If you feel there is no value to my concept, fine. I will drop it here.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

They will still be HUMANS and as such part of the HUMAN RACE,and thats the ONLY RACE. You been watching too much Gundam.

Just because humans can evolve does not change they are still part of the human genome.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

From what I understand about it, the concept of Race does describe what in animals is called a subspecies, which is not found in humans. I understand that someone circles mean other things by the word. I actually learned the words "people group" from a former Australian who owns a musume in the US. Here is some of information from his website. answersingenesis.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Recognize the existence of consciousness in others....
Racism is irrational fear of those who appear different on the outside, even when all conscious beings are made of the same stuff on the inside.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I came here and tried to make a constructive suggestion how to lessen the rancor surrounding this condition. Rather than take it in the spirit it was made in, you have attacked me making up false implications that I said something racist.

Nearly everyone else here has made divisive statements. Yet, you go after me.

I am willing to drop this and leave you to your opinions but I see in my replies that you are continuing attacking me behind my back. At this point I fell I am being harassed.

I wrote, " This is why I avoid ideas like subspecies or even ethnic groups."

You wrote, "From what I understand about it, the concept of Race does describe what in animals is called a subspecies, which is not found in humans."

You are making up lying statements to twist the meaning of everything I write.

Please get off my back.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I was not intending to attack you or call you racist. I apologize if my words came across that way. I was only intending on pointing out the difference in how we use the words regarding race while making it general enough to benifit everyone to take something from it. I believe that the miscommunication here stems from the limitations of text base communication, which does not allow tone. One person may have a tone to their speech when they think it which is lost as its written, and another person may read it with an entirely different tone to the message. If you would point out exactly where my words offended you, I'd be happy to edit them to make them more precise.
edit on 29-11-2018 by Theocracy4America because: Sorry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join