It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Nightclub Bombing in Tel Aviv - Four Dead, Dozens Injured

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Four people died and at least 20 were wounded Friday night when a suicide bomber carried out an attack at the "Stage" club on the promenade in Tel Aviv. Police and paramedics arrived at the scene and evacuated victims to nearby hospitals. The blast accurred around 11:30 PM at a time when people are often arriving at parties and night clubs in that area. Terrorist group Islamic Jihad has reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.

www.jpost.com

Magen David Adom reported that 23 injured, three in critical condition, 11 in serious condition, and the rest lightly injured have been evacuated to Tel Aviv hospitals.

The evacuation of the injured to hospital is underway.

developing story

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The area surrounding the site of the explosion was completely devastated, the next-door koisk was almost completely destroyed.

The explosion marks the end to a period of relative calm in Israel and the Palestinian territories.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by Banshee]

[edit on 27-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Three people were killed and at least 38 others were wounded.

The militant group Islamic Jihad has claimed responsibility for the attack.

The manager of the "stage" club told Channel 2 that the club had just opened Some 30 people had been waiting to enter.

Rebekka

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Obviously not matter how hard this people try to preserve the peace they can not fight the radical groups that will do anything to cause death and mayhem, so sad.

Sometimes I wonder it they will ever have peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Fundamentalist phyco mother _____ERS. There seems to be a story similar to this coming from Israel every other day... absolutely horrible.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This will be a good test to see if the israelis and the new palestinian leadership can really work together...

if Sharon goes in to the palestinian areas to "call for justice" he will only succeed in pushing the process back...
he needs to let the palestinians lead the charge (as they promised to do) and back them up as needed.

it would be the judicious move.

lets all hope that they don't let this tragedy stall the progress they have made so far...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This will be a good test to see if the israelis and the new palestinian leadership can really work together...

You will excuse me,but the Palestinian Leadership already said it will not disarm the terrorists...How much do you think the Israelis must wait for your "test"?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Danger + Opportunity

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

Indeed, although there is very little reason for optimism. The problem is that the PA is stacked with terrorists, and has itself been directly implicated in several terrorist attacks.

While a falling out between Israel and the PA over this wouldn't necessarily mean they will never get along, it would be another setback after more than half a century of setbacks.

Nonetheless, here's hoping enough progress has been made for Israel and the PA to handle this well.

There's a first time for everything.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
LazarusTheLong,

if Sharon goes in to the palestinian areas to "call for justice" he will only succeed in pushing the process back...

Excuse me here a sec, but your implying that if Sharon does anything or makes any type response to this that he and Israel will be pushing back the peace process? Huh? Seems to me, that the peace process has taken a significant blow, LazarusTheLong. I can sense what you are implying by him and Israel biting their tongues over this and all. That would be such a noble thing to do wouldn't it? Yep, just do nothing and let the Palestinian authorities handle this, correct? You are referring to the same Palestinian authorities that let these terrorist organizations pass right into Israel to do these type suicide runs? Got'cha.

The typical response over this will be:
Abbas will condemn the attack.
Abbas will ask those terrorist groups to again cease and/or stop their activities.
Israel will either respond or not.
The world will again draw sides.
The world will forget this after a week.
Peace?
Who really wants it?

I have asserted this for quite sometime and I will again: Till those terrorist organization operating in Palestine and other areas are either brought to the table and "cease fire" is beat into their heads where they understand it or till they are dismantled or destroyed, there will be no lasting ceasefire or for that matter, no lasting peace.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And when Israel attacks back the usually suspects here will wail and moan about how horrible the *dirty jews* are while completly ignoring the terrorist attack

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Seekerof, please explain how exactley the authorities are supposed to stop all these bombers. I am sure they would love to know your plan. How are they "letting" them cross into Israel? You make it sound so simple.

Both sides are trying to make peace and that is a good thing. If the process is stopped because of this well.....you maybe right, maybe the Isrealies don't want peace. But I don't believe that.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I really hope for the sake of the palestinians,that this attack was work of Hizballah - Syria - Iran and not of Islamic Jihad - Hams....If Al-Aqsa Brigades are involved(the millitary wing of PLO,Abbas own party) then nothing changed at all...
I still remember what G.W.Bush did to Arafat when he was the first USA president to recognize the need of Palestinian State and the next morning there was an attack as usual...He never talk with him again...This time he will back the Israelis with their WB Barrier and Disengagement Plan...The border will pass where the Israel find for right and the Palestinians will be left alone with only morters and rockets to strike with,but then the Israelis will have the full right to use artillery shelling upon the launch site,wherever it may be...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Kriz_4:
Kind of self-evident isn't it?
Disarm them; disarm all the known terrorist organizations and groups.
Seems to me that it is Abbas's problem to figure this out.

You then say:

You make it sound so simple.

Hello?!
Where they coming in from, Kriz_4?
Hell if Palestinian authorities can't stop them, then who can?
Maybe thats why the Israelis want to build their god-forsaken wall, maybe?

Then:

Both sides are trying to make peace and that is a good thing. If the process is stopped because of this well.....you maybe right, maybe the Isrealies don't want peace.

Huh?!
Never said nor indicated that.
Was it an Israeli "suicide bomber" that did this?
Maybe Israel needs to simply just start strip searching anyone coming into Israel? Oppps, can't do that can they? Then they will have to listen to the wailing and crys of the human rights groups over this, huh?

Kriz_4, your solution to preventing the infiltration of suicide bombers into Israel is what exactly?

seekerof

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A tragedy for the people involved. There is no peace in the Middle East, obviously. It doesn't surprise me that there was a bombing in Tel Aviv.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Kriz_4,
let me explain you how...When Hamas and Islamic Jihad are identified by USA and the EU as terrorist organizations,but the PA don't want to disarm them,because it fears civil war,this for me is "not stoping" of terrorists...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
If the process is stopped because of this well.....you maybe right, maybe the Isrealies don't want peace.

Priceless

See what I mean

The Isrealis are attacked and its them that dont want peace

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A Joke:
Sharon and Arafat ask God if there will be a Peace in the Middle East...
God say:"Yes,but not in mya lifetime"

Golda Meir:
"There will be Peace when the Arabs learn to love their children more than they hate ours"

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Okay time to weigh in on this one.

There are elements on both sides of this issue that have no interest in peace. Both Isreal and Palestine. The leaders of boths sides are going to have to reign in these groups or go after them themselves.

I am not nor will I ever be a fan of Isreal's policies. Thier practices in the West Bank at best border on genocide at worst constitute a holacaust millinenium style. However, since the election of Abbas, they have demonstrated (at least Sharon) a willingness to try to achieve peace.

That being said there is always the possiblity that this was a rouge false flag op by the Mossad??

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That being said there is always the possiblity that this was a rouge false flag op by the Mossad??

First
It's Shin Bet,not Mossad if it's in Israel...
Second
It's true that this is ATS,but you are crazy...Maybe you believe WTC was work of CIA,too?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The typical response over this will be:
Abbas will condemn the attack.
Abbas will ask those terrorist groups to again cease and/or stop their activities.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Before the exected masses go off on that one, allow me to point to some historical evidence that Isreal is not above this tactic: The Lavon Affair

The so-called Lavon Affair had its roots in an Israeli operation, codenamed SUSANNAH, which began in 1951. The Israelis established a network inside Egypt with the capability of attacking civil and military installations. In 1954, as pressure mounted for the British and French to turn over the Suez Canal to the Egyptians, the network -- under the leadership of Avri El-Ad -- launched a series of attacks designed to discredit the Egyptian government. Targets included the USIS libraries in Cairo and Alexandria. A failed attack in Alexandria led to the rolling up of the network. The question quickly became one of, "Who authorized the attacks on U.S. installations?" Despite denying that the order was his, Defense Minister Pinchas Lavon was forced to resign. For a brief review of this episode, see Richelson, A Century of Spies (1995), pp. 250-251.
intellit.muskingum.edu...

Related ATS Thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join