It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Currently reading this;

when time permits. Its a good book one I wish to have bought sooner.

The Iodine Crisis

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just eat iodized salt.
That stuff is boner pills grade scammy.
This author is in the market.

That lugols, and other iodine suplements can actually be dangerous.
The amount you need is very small.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Very little information on what you talking about. A link to who knows where. Read up on posting new threads

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It's a book in the book thread, what's the problem? Is it because you don't like it?

Ok

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Right ok, Lugols bad. Got ya.

What's your alternative? GMO? Nothing?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

I read the little blurb about the book, enought to see the author is suggesting most of the US population is Iodide deficient.

I know a lot about this, by researching it after I accidentally discovered the benefits. I will leave the research to you.

When Fukashima happened, I took a 22.5mg dose of KI because of the potential radioactive Iodide uptake potential. Being a former extreme martial arts expert, then mid 40's (yo), I have/had severe arthritis and "hurt" always. The second day after taking the KI, I was stunned, I did not hurt! But I did not catch the association yet.

After a week or so I started hurting (like normal) again. The following week, the Fukashima airborne crud started to reach my area, so I took another KI. Two days later, yup, I didn't hurt! This time I realized the connection.

Over the time since, I experimented, and initially I found that 25mg once every 7 days was perfect to make me not hurt. And if I missed it by a day, I woke up hurting. Over time, the dose requirement has increased, now I need 35mg every 8 days. All of this has been done with oversight by my general physician, who agrees with the research I provided to him.

When I meet someone who "hurts" like I did, I tell them about this. I suggest they try the cheapest KI they can get from Amazon: take one, wait 2 days. If you stop hurting, you are one of the lucky ones. It seems to work for about 1/3 of the people I tell, and the pattern seems to be 40-60yo who live hard physical, like construction labor or intense sports. Also, the people seem to have a common NE Euopean (Nord) heritage, but that part could just be because of whom I have the most contact with.

Research also: high dose impulse Vit-D (200,000 IU once/week) + Vit K2 MK-7 to kill cancer and prevent most colds, etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Lugols is fine, it's the dosages that are the problem.

Get it from iodized salt and other natural food sources like some fish and bread .

It's incredibly important to your health in micro doses.
It's very easy to get iodine poisoning.

You can od from leaving it on your skin too long.

It's been used as a fix-all cure.

It's like saying your body needs iron and drinking powdered iron.

It's unregulated and does some nasty stuff if overused. You can overdo it just by eating too much fish.

Here's a good link.link

It ties into thyroid function and other stuff you want to be careful with.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
100% Agree! Your post is an important temper to mine.
KI can also interfere with other meds, especially for diabetics. All should be done with your Doc's consultation, and at minimum dose. Too much can kill ya.

The last person I told is a good friend who builds roads. He was visibly hurting bad when he re-did my very long farm driveway, so I sent him some really light dose KI. It had such an extreme effect for him, he joked he needs a divorce and a new 30yo GF. IIRC, I sent him 7.5mg, and he is now using them one every three days or so. That probably makes more sense, but I try to keep all of my suppliments on a weekly schedule.

BTW: the Iodine in Morton's Salt (NaCl) - the CL prevents uptake of the I. So, ifs fectless. My lifelong salt craving ended after I started KI suppliments.
And, if you eat enough kelp to get the normal Iodide dose, you will get cyanide poisoning. Seafood concentrates mercury. IMHO Light controlled dose KI suppliment is warranted.

FDA set the MRDA way too low because of a test that very few people ever have. (With radioactive Iodide. Wonder why so many people develop thyroid cancer after having that test?)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

Hmm.what about iodized sea salt?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Excellent suggestion. And, I don't do Morton's "when it rains, it pours."
I only do sea salt.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPopularity

Right ok, Lugols bad. Got ya.

What's your alternative? GMO? Nothing?
naw, don't be like that...

Whatcha got for us to ponder.......or ok....just dis everyone......

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

read about the " iodine crisis " - from the people - who - by amazing co-incidence just " happen " to be selling iodine " supplements "

yup - sounds 101% legit

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I really couldn't gather what this book was about from looking at that link, It's a little unrealistic to expect us all to buy a book and then read it before posting a comment, dont'cha think?

That said, I was surprised when I realized how many people I knew were being prescribed this drug levothyroxine (Synthroid.) I was put on it about 5 years ago and took it until I started using a multivitamin and found my dosage needed to be reduced 25 or 30%. Then I started to wonder if I needed it at all and asked my doctor about replacing it with iodine supplements.

She didn't like that idea at all. So I just quit buying it anyway about 6 months ago and didn't say anything to her.

Is this going to kill me? I don't think so. Don't feel any different so far. If I get sick, I'll start taking it again. Does anyone know what symptoms to watch for?

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

how did you determine that " vitamins " were the CAUSE of you reduced levothyroxin requirement ?? peoples conditions can worsen OR improve over 5 years

i too am on levothyroxin - and have been for more than 5 years

as part of my treatment - i also had to see a nutritionist and dietician

the difference between you and i - is i dont buy my perscription medicatiion - i get everything free via the NHS [ UK ]

which begs the question - why am i on levothyroxin - if my condition COULD be treated via diet ???

the " big pharma " argument does not work in this country

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

how did you determine that " vitamins " were the CAUSE of you reduced levothyroxin requirement ?? peoples conditions can worsen OR improve over 5 years

My dosage did rise slowly after a few years. Then, I took the vitamin and had a blood test 4 months after starting it. The vitamin contained Iodine. When the doctor got the blood test, she called me up and reduced the dosage.

My wife has high blood pressure so we don't cook with salt. We don't live near the ocean, there aren't as many iodine sources here as there was on the east coast. Most of the world lives close to the beach. Iodine goes into the air and soil so it's even in the food. Not so much inland. I was put on this drug after I moved here.

That's my reasoning. It might not work for you. I would hate for someone to listen to something I say and become sick. I don't even have but a vague idea what can happen to me much less so what could happen to you.

I'm trying to get information not give advice.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I'd hardlly consider that a dis.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I hardly expect you or anyone, to buy a book I posted in the book section for informational presentation.

I hadn't added much on the content or author. Content because I haven't read it all yet. But here's a bit on the author.

About the Author Lynne Farrow is a whistle blower. She is also a journalist, researcher, former college professor and speaker. Her own experience with breast cancer led to the discovery that someone had stolen a medicine with proven benefits reaching back 15,000 years. A medicine that not only helped her, but has helped millions. She currently serves as the Director of Breast Cancer Choices, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to the scrutinizing the evidence for breast cancer procedures and treatments. Lynne is the editor of IodineResearch.com, where she has compiled materials for both beginning and advanced iodine investigators. Visit Lynne's website at LynneFarrow.net

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What I've discovered in my own personal research.

Always check it out with your doctor.

Testing isn't always accurate.

Sea salt intake is important for getting the Bromide out of your body.

Bromide is a toxin and in many products including the bread we eat. Bromide isn't illegal to add to food in USA.

You'll need to take Selenium in particular, and Vitamin C and would suggest Dr. Group for a good source of information and products. Including the Science behind it. Why Bromide is so bad

Do your own research lest, ye not bitch so much.

edit on 26-11-2018 by MrPopularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

It's good you posted, I had pain in my chest not 3 weeks ago which lasted close to two days. I took 3 Iodoral Iodine pills and in less than ten minutes the pain completely vanished. I know in the 30's and 40's people used to intake much more Iodine into their diets. Prescribed by Doctors who also took it.

There are rare cases in which you find people allergic to Iodine, those cases should in no way deny the powerful benefits of it, and the people who have benefitted from taking it. Selenium is needed to push out any bromide and toxins, and people who aren't allergic to it, claiming bad experiences havent been taking the adequate amounts of Selenium to offset the toxin release from their body, that and quite a bit of clean water 'not from the tap'. Any Iodine in salt is almost completely NIL and useless so people claiming it's all that's needed haven't really researched into this very deeply.

Thanks for your account

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity -- thanks for the heads-up on this book ... I will look for it. In the meantime, I only buy seaweeds that are organically certified. Part of that certification process usually involves having the seaweed tested for ionizing radiation, especially now that Japan will shortly begin releasing "treated" water from the destroyed Fukushima nuclear power plant.

For any iodine-containing food or supplement, only buy what you will consume within 2 years: Iodine is a member of the volatile halogen family on the periodic table of the elements ... so all members of that family sublime (go directly from solid to gas) within 2 years of purchase. Any iodine-containing food or supplement should be discarded if it is over 2 years old.

I prefer to buy sea salt from New Zealand, the Southern ocean being far less polluted than most of the Northern Hemisphere.

top topics

join