It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All humans have same ancestors scientists claim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How is it possible our ancestors, recently emerged from the Stone Age, could have successfully engineered purebred lines at the onset of civilization?
Purebred dogs just suddenly appear in the archeological record as if by magic.
These diverging physiological characteristics take time to develop, in fact, many generations.

Evidence from our earliest civilizations ..pharaoh’s hound, had already been bred in ancient Sumeria and Egypt.

What we are asked to believe is that our ancestors, without much experience at the seminal stage of civilization, were able to select and breed the very best varieties,with many generations of trial and error.
This was technology Stone Age Man lacked.
Latest DNA research shows that the wolf alone is the ancestral race of all dogs.
How did genetically illiterate Stone Age humans achieve this feat of genetic engineering?
edit on 24-11-2018 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

It means that many other species also got bittlenecked at about the same time, lets say when the last two humans on earth were getting it on in a hut, the last two hippos, bonobo etc... were also on the brink of extinction. Clearly this paper is talking about an event that almost killed everything.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This implies that if Homo Sapiens descended from other animal world creatures the trace would have been muddied and vanished into a myriad of God only knows what, not narrowed down.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have neanderthal genes in me, meaning that a neanderthal mated with one of my ancestors. They are not modern humans, I am not all modern human, those neanderthals go back way farther than the so called modern humans do. Not all people have neanderthal mixes, some have some other hominid ancesters blended in and there are some that are pure modern human.

I don't think the creators of this article can think properly, they just blew apart this blending of hominids, they need to do more studying and think things over before opening their mouths or using a pen or keyboard.

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I find these kinds of studies irrelevant. The tree of humans is branching out like never before, with hourly global travel a modern reality humans are spreading among the firmament the greatest mixture of the primordial human soup than at any point in human history. Blacks are making babies with whites. Asians are procreating with Aboriginals genealogy. Middle-Eastern genetic heritage mixing with those of European decent. Everyone is ****ing.

Despite this intense cross-racial breeding, I don't believe there has been a new human species created. Anyone else find that odd? We have no new human species despite this global racial mixing?

What kind of drastic thing would it take beyond something as powerful as that to actually mutate DNA to a new species? Hell, we don't even see it in animals and they're countless phyla mixing due to human travel impact either. Just what DOES it take for DNA to mutate?

To the OP's post, how important is it that we came from one pair of humans? Isn't where we're headed and the branching of today's humans more important?

posted on Nov, 24 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Look I believe in God but this is not about my belief but there's.

For there data to be absolutely correct would require the human genetic material to be absolutely pristine, i.e. no outside influence of any kind just human's mating with human's but that is simply not the way that life work's on this planet, yes we mate only with our own species but there ARE other sources of genetic material that get absorbed and passed on over time.

I called this Propagation of Genetic material between species.

Now Virus, what are they and how do they work.

Put simply a virus is a small piece of genetic material wrapped in a protein shell that often has special molecular structures called enzymes which act a bit like molecular catalysts (though that analogy is too coarse by far), they enable the virus to enter a cell and then help it to integrate itself into the cell's nucleus and there they then hijack the cell forcing the normal function of the cell to instead make copy's of themselves until the cell ruptures and they are released back into the body to infect yet more cell's.
Unlike a bacteria a virus is really alien in it's nature, it is not as we understand it alive but remain's inert until it can infect a host cell and take it over.

Research into cancer found that at least one strain may once have been a virus which somehow became included in the DNA of the cell's and was then passed down through the generational line, other virus may also have been included over time in our genome.

Now Virus based disease can pass from person to person and even species to species and of course they are made in the cell's of there hosts, sometimes' it goes the other way and some of the host's own DNA is added to the virus, this virus may then become switched off like the cancer virus was in a new host and then be passed along to that hosts descendant's along with there own DNA.

So human's may have inherited trait's from other species via this method, they may have also had there ancestral genome so distorted that the original genetic make up of the human race may now be completely obscured including the ancestral genetic lineage since and while unlikely to obscure completely this supposed ancestral DNA it is still a definite and realistic potential that it has indeed done so.

In Spain there used to be a village were everyone had twenty eight, seven fingers on each hand and seven toes on each foot, many of the ancient king's whom were remember probably inbred so may have retained an older genome also had seven digit's and periodically children are born today with extra toes or finger's which are usually removed as a standard procedure after birth in most developed nations to prevent them becoming a problem in later life though in fact they are often fully formed complete with muscle's joint's and tendon's so would work perfectly.

How do we know that we are even from this planet and have not simply been genetically homogenized by a natural virus based gene splicing over countless generation's, because a handful of supposedly learned men think we are monkey's, what if in reality they are just a group of idiot's.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I read and re-read the article and am still amazed by what it said... and might be fuzzy on the full implications.

If I heard correctly, there was a new bottleneck discovered from 250,000 or so yrs ago, and all humans are descended from 2 survivors.

Then it said that every animal on Earth are descended from some common lifeform from that same bottleneck... which makes no bloody sense.

Did I inhale too much carbon monoxide, or is that what the article said?

A single breeding pair held in reserve for just such an event lead to the establishment of the race called Douglas-Nova....named after the 2 humans who were the original pair. A pair from which the geonomes required to express diversity were managed and from which the geonomes to re-establish many many different life-forms were managed. Genetic technology can already do this...postulation is realisation in progress.So yes it is possibe for this bottleneck to have occurred although the 250,000 year timeline is out of my league to postulate upon.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I'm not specifically trying to comment on your post but on all the posts in this thread that are trying to discuss whether all humans derived from one Adam and Eve like pair. That is not what the OP is about.

He is discussing an extinction event. Long before there were any humans, nearly all life on earth went extinct. All the animals, not just humans were supposedly populated by one pair of survivors. At least that's what the source maintains.

This extinction event happened not only this one time but several times in earth's history. Google extinction event and you get this right on the search page without even clicking anything:

mass extinctions

Biologists suspect we're living through the sixth major mass extinction. ...
Late Devonian, 375 million years ago, 75% of species lost. ...
End Permian, 251 million years ago, 96% of species lost. ...
End Triassic, 200 million years ago, 80% of species lost. ...
End Cretaceous, 66 million years ago, 76% of all species lost.

The one being referred to, the Permian, was the most severe.

Even so, I don't believe they can prove all animal life came from one breeding pair no matter how similar DNA is between species. Maybe it came from a small breeding population or even one that became inbred but they can't prove one pair in my opinion. And even if that does prove true, there could still be input from strains that later died out.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

This extinction event was 100k years ago when humans lived.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: one4all

I'm not specifically trying to comment on your post but on all the posts in this thread that are trying to discuss whether all humans derived from one Adam and Eve like pair. That is not what the OP is about.

He is discussing an extinction event. Long before there were any humans, nearly all life on earth went extinct. All the animals, not just humans were supposedly populated by one pair of survivors. At least that's what the source maintains.

This extinction event happened not only this one time but several times in earth's history. Google extinction event and you get this right on the search page without even clicking anything:

mass extinctions

Biologists suspect we're living through the sixth major mass extinction. ...
Late Devonian, 375 million years ago, 75% of species lost. ...
End Permian, 251 million years ago, 96% of species lost. ...
End Triassic, 200 million years ago, 80% of species lost. ...
End Cretaceous, 66 million years ago, 76% of all species lost.

The one being referred to, the Permian, was the most severe.

Even so, I don't believe they can prove all animal life came from one breeding pair no matter how similar DNA is between species. Maybe it came from a small breeding population or even one that became inbred but they can't prove one pair in my opinion. And even if that does prove true, there could still be input from strains that later died out.

We have the smoking gun......it is called a Liger.If you research how it is genetically created and what dynamics are required you will find that TWO SEPERATELY CATALYSED MEMBERS OF A SIMILAR SPECIES mate and produce offspring with enhanced hybrid vigor…...I don't have time to rewrite the genetic manipulation handbook but suffice to say that 2 Cats from 2 different near ELE events make a NATURALLY FORMED Liger and that is how we find the smoking gun.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This extinction event was 100k years ago when humans lived.

"All modern humans descended from a solitary pair who lived 100,000 to 200,000 years ago, scientists say."

That's what it says. You are right.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This new research says nearly every living animal can be traced back to a single pair that survived that event.

Not a few pairs, few hundred, scattered pairs .. one pair only. If true that's very interesting.
edit on 25-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Innana & Dumuzi? Enki & Enlil?

When will they tell us how much reptilian heritage we have in us?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oh my! let me pose all of you with a couple of very, very, important questions.
If we all came from a single pair, man and woman take it to the basics, say they had 12 children. Now for the theory to be true these children interbred with themselves or their parents. Take the next generation, the same thing. There would not be enough genetic variance to allow a successful population. The inbreeding would short cut the population before it got to any semblance of diversity.
Humans are not rabbits, they don't have 8 or 10 offspring per litter. If lucky they may have twins, but how many could one couple have in their life time. Then THEY have to breed with themselves. You must remember this was at a time when they would be hunter gatherers. Low birth survival, low death rate. Come on think about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This research supports the 1987 conclusion of a 'mitochondrial Eve' in the same time frame.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Even if our ancestry could be traced to a single pair it does not mean that pair were the only humans who existed. It does mean, however, that for a while, that was the only "line" which continued to produce surviving children.

Let's say we have a band of 12 hunter gatherers. Let's say that a couple have children (Fred and Hortense). Meanwhile others in the band are also having children (Ralph, Barney, Louise, Becky etc.).

Hortense, unfortunately was eaten by a leopard before reaching puberty. Fred, however, gets it on with Louise and they have a child which carries the genes of that first couple. More kids with those genes. But Ralph an Barney are busy too, and there are other women in the group who did not come from that "original" couple (not really original, just another couple in the group). There is enough genetic diversity to go around and Fred's kids wind up with the kids of another couple and continue to pass on the genes of Fred's parents. But, for some reason we'll never know, it was only that "line" that made it. A battle between tribes? A natural disaster?

But that line carried a viable variety of genes.

edit on 11/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

When every animal on Earth has the same single pair ancestor from the same time that scenario becomes far less likely.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

When every animal on Earth has the same single pair ancestor from the same time that scenario becomes far less likely.
Do they?

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's what the study concluded. So I don't know.

posted on Nov, 25 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's what the study concluded.

No it didn't.

But what it did conclude is that over 90% of species have not changed a great deal since 100,000 to 200,000 years ago. Nor, actually, does it claim that we are all children of a single pair of parents.

Contemporary sequence data cannot tell whether mitochondrial and Y chromosomes clonality occurred at the same time, i.e., consistent with the extreme bottleneck of a founding pair, or via sorting within a founding population of thousands that was stable for tens of thousands of years [116]. As Kuhn points out unresolvable arguments tend toward rhetoric.
phe.rockefeller.edu...

edit on 11/25/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join