It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UH OH!!! Big Cat (I think)!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Tonight when I was out feeding the cows I had something really strange happen. All of a sudden both of my cattle dogs just ran up to me and started freaking out. They were both cowering down and looking behind them, and all around, like something was after them. They were right with me the whole time so they must have seen something. Neither of these dogs are afraid of anything, so whatever it was must have really put the fear of death into them. After that they wouldn't stray two feet from me, and they were nose to the ground sniffing everything. Any noise and they would cower and flinch (and immediately look behind them)

I'm not talking just mild reactions here, but very profound fear. I know it wasn't coyotes because the ACD will full-on chase coyotes, even 2 or 3 of them at a time. Whatever this was, was far more scary than a coyote to them. They were really scared. I mean like really, REALLY, scared!

I went inside and told my wife about it, and she kind of laughed it off at first thinking I was just seeing things. So I told her to come outside with me and see for herself. She comes out and they start doing the same thing, but this time they were staring off in one general direction all the time...down into our draw. And down in the draw is where our big herd of deer is, and they stay down there in the trees.

About two years ago we found some big cat prints down in the draw, and then about a week later a guy about four miles away shot a cougar in his garage one night. We didn't see anything after that.

Normally, on a big moon night like tonight the coyotes would be howling up a storm, but tonight it's silent, completely silent. And normally at sunset I would see our deer herd up on the road at dusk. The two big bucks would be strutting around. Tonight...nothing.

I wonder what's up? Something spooked everyone, and the dogs saw whatever it was. I didn't see a thing, but humans seldom do with our poor senses.

I'm thinkin' big cat! Not good!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Some dogs are afraid of bears too, especially if there is more than one bear. I have seen that behavior more than once, it pays to take a look around to see what is out there...take a gun.

How far do you live from area 51?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
me personally.
id invest in night vision goggles and a big ol shotgun

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We've had an unusual amount of lions wandering into places they don't normally go this year too.

We have more wolves now
so the deer population is down here because of it.

Our big dogs have the same response yours does with a lion... our 15 pound rat terrier will try to chase and tree one though.

I've no idea why it's still alive, besides the lion just thinking "not even a snack!" and just keeping on.

Wish you luck... lions suck.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Just be on alert. Listen to the livestock if you can hear them from your house.

Got any game cams set up or traps ?

Stay safe, brother, and hope your livestock will remain unharmed.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Have both, but this is big country. Looked around, but not seeing anything (yet).

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

No, my last game cam (which was in the draw too) just bit the dust a couple months ago and I haven't replaced it. I think I'll go buy another this weekend. Have some traps out, but mostly small stuff like rabbits and coyotes. (all live traps).

Definitely been listening for the cows!

Thanks!

edit on 11/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Please don't let your dogs go outside without you now!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've never seen that ACD slink, cower and flinch like that!

That dog ain't skeered of nuthin'!!! He'll take on a 2,300 lb bull and not even think twice about it. Something definitely spooked him!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reckon its a 'squatch.

leave it some coffee and smokes

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Update: Wow...this is really weird!!

Just heard some scratching around on the roof so I went outside. Two big Great Horned Owls sitting on the roof, both of them hooting up a storm. It's not mating season for them, so something is pissing them off.

Got a cow on the mend too.

I think this is gonna' be a long night.

ETA - Great Horns on our roof is pretty common, so that part wasn't weird, but them hooting this time of night sure is. Normally they only call in the morning right before dawn.
edit on 11/22/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I have yet to see my ACD afraid of anything. We found bear scat in the woods a few weeks ago, and she goes charging off on the scent trail, barking like hell, trying to find the bear. Plus, she's blind.

Cougars have been seen a ton in my area this fall. Even in town. It's been nuts.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Yeah the ACD isn't scared of anything at all, just a fearless dog, and the Australian Shepard is scared of even less than that! That dog is plumb crazy, but he's not nearly as fast as the ACD is.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Several folks in this thread have mentioned seeing more cougars/mountain lions this year. My sister's neighbor had one in her backyard a few months ago (Oklahoma).

Do we know why they are showing up this year? Has there been a drastic sudden reduction of their habitat or food resources??
edit on 22-11-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Well, it was a pretty light winter last year, which can be both good and bad for cougars, but certainly less winter kill.

Cougars have been on the rise here for the past few years though.

If it really is a cougar, and that thing gets my one cow on the mend, I will be going ballistic!

P.S. And I don't like cougars one bit either! (got stalked and almost attacked by one once).

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
GAWD...I just can't get over how quiet it is outside tonight!!

I have NEVER heard it this quiet!

There is just not a single sound (except for the owls every now and then).

There's normally all sorts of sounds at night here (i.e. dogs, coyotes, cows, mules, horses, etc.)

Tonight....nothing, just pure silence!

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. That predator silence.

Just curious: are you in an earthquake area?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

No, Colorado...not really too earthquake prone (so far).

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

put up a trail cam and a camcorder in case the aliens take you tonight.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I feel worried for your dogs 😰

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join