It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HST: Hunter S. Thompson Dies - Reported Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sorry if posted before, but I see it nowhere and wanted to post.

That's right the Granddaddy of Gonzo Journalism has passed on.

In what appears to be a suicide, Hunter S. Thompson was found dead Sunday.

Known by many people for many different reasons. He best captivated the nation with his unique style of journalism which was a hybrid form of attentive listening, stright shooting reports, and true passion.

Others are more familiar with him via any one of his books, each worth your time just for the chance to see such a interesting mind in naked form.

There was also the instant classic: Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, where HST was portrayed by Johnny Depp, and showed a small segment from his life as he tried to live, and much more was shown in how he was viewed by mainstream society. Well worthy of anyone's collections.

Anyway, I must say I am deeply saddened by his passing. I did not know him personally, although I had met him once. I find suicide to be rather strange as a route for him. My conspiratorial instincts jump at the chance he was bumped off. But the majority of my mind doubts that as true.

Regardless, I wanted to pay my respects by this post, as well as provide the following link to a 2003 interview that I find interesting in regards to this outcome.
www.democracynow.org.../02/23/164218

Peace to you Mr. Thompson, Those true individuals and free thinkers of many generations share some of their spirit with you.

X

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Xatnys]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There are a few threads on it actually. Here's the first and main one, from ATSNN

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks sensfan, I couldn't find one, but I was certain that it existed.

But I really wanted to say something, and I did.

Mods can lock/delete this plz?

I am normally good about not making duplicates, oh well

X

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No prob Zatnys. What you had to say was good, you should actually post it in the other thread so others will see it too. Very well stated.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
this thread beat you by a few minutes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed

top topics

join