It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Cooper (RIP), the man who predicted 9/11, warns about public shootings.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Also try to be a little less obsessed with the 'they're coming to take our guns/they want our guns' mantra. Everyone whose ears are easily tickled (2 tim 4:3,4) by such phrases (playing on the emotions, see article about propaganda and the manipulation of information in full) isn't much better off than this 'nut':

It's not healthy for your mind, not to mention your blood pressure. Proverbs 14:29,30a:

29 The one who is slow to anger has great discernment,

But the impatient one displays his foolishness.

30 A calm heart gives life* [Or “health.”] to the body,

edit on 20-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: opethPA
Cooper never predicted 911 that's just urban legend that CT's throw around at this point to try and make him something he is not. He was frustrated that he didnt get the same access to Bin Laden that a different reporter did and as such did what he , at the end of his story did which is turn into a precursor of Alex Jones. As for the "prediction" what he did was in a time when in the intelligence world their was plenty of chatter going on of a pending attack and Bin Laden was the big baddie at that point he said something was going to happen.

If you were such a fan of the guy why are you wrong?
The prediction started when there was the CNN interview with Bin Laden.
This was the reason for picking Bin Laden, it had nothing to do with the "chatter".

Also, the idea that his prediction was made out of journalistic jealousy is wrong on countless levels. It's not only blatantly wrong it seems purposefully misleading.

Except Im not wrong but that is okay CTs refuse to hear anything negative about Cooper.
It's gone as far as a CT claiming to me the JFK+blow fish scenario never took place and that anyone who says it did is lying

1. At the time of 911 their were multiple precursors to 911 coming. Various forums around the Intelligence world were mentioning that so and so had sources that something was going to hit and that BIn Laden would be the most likely choice if it did happen given the previous attack and what his force project was.

Much like what MWC said, that isnt a prediction but is literally the same as me saying "On Thursday of this week people are going to eat turkey"

2. AS for your second point if you believe that then you never got to see Cooper lecture live, never got to talk to him one on and one and never got to see the personality change that he went through. If you did then you would know it was completely plausible and within the realm of his personality to have journalistic jealousy take over.

I was a fan of who he was when he started which seemed to be someone most interested in getting the truth out.
At the end he was an angry, uptight version of Alex Jones and I wasnt a fan of that version.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thank you for this. And reminding me a great gift for my boss

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Why is it that a read the title and knew right away who the author was.

Ohhhh...thats right this is now at least the fourth time you have posted this exact same thread, actually I think it might be more than that but it couldn't really be bothered dragging myself through your entire posting history, I know you like to talk about Cooper quite a bit however now your just posting the same stuff over and over again.

Remembering the man who predicted 9/11, William Cooper. from 2013
Remembering the man who warned us about 9/11 months prior: William Cooper. From 2012
Remembering the man who predicted 9/11: Bill Cooper From 2011.

So once again let me just say what I said the last time you brought this up.

Let me clear this up at no point did William Cooper predict 9/11 all he said was that Bin Laden was going to attack America or Israel prior to the attacks of 9/11. Anyone who had a interesting in current affairs around that time could have told you this, Bin Laden was public enemy number one a long time before the attacks of 9/11 its just that most didn't know it.

Also the CNN interview he talks about actually took place in 1997 which is before the embassy bombings when America was more focused on disrupting his operations than they were with killing him outright. it might be possible that he was talking about Peter Bergen's book Holly War Inc as Bergen had been the producer on the 1997 report. There were later interviews but they were mostly done by Middle Eastern journalists.

Regardless Cooper did not "predict 9/11"!

Can't help but feel like you just like to pull this one out of the bag every time your short of a few flags.

If anyone cares to you can look through the links I have provided and see that each and ever time the OP has brought this up its been throughly debunked.

EDIT.

]Corection; make that five threads That five threads from you alone covering the exact same topic.

I suppose that if you were alive back in April of 1775, you would complain about some Paul Revere guy yelling as well.

Well reminded OP SnF

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Much like what MWC said, that isnt a prediction but is literally the same as me saying "On Thursday of this week people are going to eat turkey"

It's not that vague, upon seeing the Osama interview (I think it was CNN, could easily be somewhere else but you know the one) he clearly stated that they would use him in a false flag attack in the near future.

And then on the day, he picked Osama before the media did.

Whether he's accurate or not is a completely different story, and I'm not interested in arguing whether he was correct or not. But the fact remains that it wasn't a random vague prediction based on "chatter".

It was a non random vague prediction based on the Osama interview.

As for your 2nd point, no I never saw the guy in person.
But it's hard to believe that a guy running a paranoid radio show would feel that he deserved to be the one interviewing America's most wanted. It's not like he was even in the running.

The dude was clearly unstable but even if he was an absolute raving lunatic, he still wouldn't be so delusional to be thinking he should have been the one to get the interview. Did he even have any journalistic training? Did he even have a passport? Did he have the slightest possibility of access to Osama? The idea that this was journalistic jealousy is baffling.

Why make stuff up about him?
The guy thinks there is cities on the moon, there's plenty of ammunition already.
edit on 21-11-2018 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Why make stuff up about him?
The guy thinks there is cities on the moon, there's plenty of ammunition already.

Except I am not making anything up and this is a well known theory by people that didnt think MWC was a god.
People are still people and jealously being a human trait its really not hard to believe.

You believe he predicted 911.
I dont believe he predicted 911.

Seems we have hit an impasse.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
I don't believe he predicted 911.
He predicted that Osama would be blamed for a false flag attack.
He made this prediction based off the CNN interviews.

There isn't enough detail to claim he's the next Nostradamus.
And I'm not doing so.

The impasse we have hit is the idea that this vague prediction was not directly linked to the CNN interview and that the motivation was jealousy and not paranoia.

Can you provide any evidence whatsoever about this well known understanding of Cooper's journalistic jealousy?

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Just curious if you were able to find any evidence for this rampant jealousy?

It really seems you are trying to dismiss him but you just aren't quite sure how to do it properly.

You could say paranoia clouded his judgement.
You could say religion clouded his judgement.
You could say alcohol clouded his judgement.
You could say his work required him to have clouded judgement to remain consistent.

All of these reasons would be fair and would make sense.
They also wouldn't require you to make stuff up.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Sounds like a right-wing nut-bar to me. And if you want somebody who 'foretold' 9/11...look at Delmar Vreeland.

edit on 23-11-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: style!

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's too obvious to me that the public shooters are copy cat killers fueled by the media glorifying them and whatever nut job motive they have to use as an excuse. Of course both media outlets will never admit to this, which is one example why I don't understand how a conspiracy theory site, ATS, is so in bed with Fox News and the NRA. It's a huge lie the left wants to take away everyone's guns, that is complete right wing and NRA propaganda and there are not enough public shootings to warrant having everyone armed everywhere. It has to do with the media's influence imo and access to guns. There's too much evidence of those being armed and trained killing innocent people and too many occurrences of those who were armed and did not stop the shooter from carrying out killings. Theres also evidence where authorities already knew the shooter had a criminal past or a past of mental problems or a past as being linked to terrorism. Of course you can cherrypick some example of a shooter being stopped by a good guy with a gun, but that is some random example, and doesn't tell the whole story.

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
It's too obvious to me that the public shooters are copy cat killers fueled by the media glorifying them and whatever nut job motive they have to use as an excuse. Of course both media outlets will never admit to this, which is one example why I don't understand how a conspiracy theory site, ATS, is so in bed with Fox News and the NRA. It's a huge lie the left wants to take away everyone's guns, that is complete right wing and NRA propaganda and there are not enough public shootings to warrant having everyone armed everywhere. It has to do with the media's influence imo and access to guns. There's too much evidence of those being armed and trained killing innocent people and too many occurrences of those who were armed and did not stop the shooter from carrying out killings. Theres also evidence where authorities already knew the shooter had a criminal past or a past of mental problems or a past as being linked to terrorism. Of course you can cherrypick some example of a shooter being stopped by a good guy with a gun, but that is some random example, and doesn't tell the whole story.

Could you expand on “how” ATS is “so in bed with Fox News and the NRA”? I hardly see any reference on here to the NRA (though there is some and I am, and will remain, a life member). As for Fox News, I read way more on ATS about CNN than Fox News. And to be honest, I couldn’t realll follow your logic there where it seemed you initially stated criminals were responsible for killing innocent people then jumped to good guy with a gun.

As an aside, are really stating you’ve never heard main stream Democrats state they want to ban guns?
edit on 23/11/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling/grammar

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Except I am not making anything up and this is a well known theory by people that didnt think MWC was a god.

Well I guess I'm not going to get an answer from you.

You are making stuff up.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well I guess I'm not going to get an answer from you.

You are making stuff up.

I don't need to make anything up..Google, DuckDuckGo, the Internet in general are your friend and you can find plenty of info there.

I fully dont expect you to believe anything on this link and that is okay..

It has 0 impact on my belief that William Cooper, for all he did right, did not predict 911.

rationalwiki.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Thank you for the response.

I'm happy to accept that he didn't predict 9/11.
I'm also happy to believe everything in the link you provided.

None of that is inconsistent with my claim that you are making stuff up about journalistic jealousy.

But you are right, you don't need to make anything up to discredit Cooper.
That's why it's so confusing that you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join