It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Idol Officially Becomes A US Citizen - The Legal Way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Noting that he became a United States Citizen the Legal way., I think we need to remind the support from the left of Illegal infiltration how to Immigrate the legal way. Legal being the word;

Rocker Billy Idol shared Thursday that he had officially become a U.S. citizen when he raised his hand and took the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance.

-from the United Kingdom — moved to New York in 1981 to have a solo career after he helped launch the punk group Generation X

dailycaller.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

But he moved to the US in '81 - that's nearly fourty years ago.
I hope he's been paying his taxes- but with a net worth of 50M I'm guessing he hasn't, and will never be expected to.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

I hope he's been paying his taxes- but with a net worth of 50M I'm guessing he hasn't, and will never be expected to.

And it starts on the first reply... he came here legally so must be bad BAD bad somehow!

Has to be taxes!!!

Where are his tax returns!!!!

So predictable.

To the OP... Always been an Idol fan.

Happy to have him join the club!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

And it starts on the first reply... he came here legally so must be bad BAD bad somehow!

Has to be taxes!!!

Where are his tax returns!!!!

So predictable.

To the OP... Always been an Idol fan.

Happy to have him join the club!

Am I predictable?
Really?
I think you've got me painted with the wrong brush, bud.

Would you have guessed I'm against all immigration, especially illegal?

I'm happy at least somebody did their paperwork and followed the laws I've been expected to follow since birth- but why did it take fourty years, and how did he get away with it?

I've got questions.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow. William Broad is now an American. Well, it's what he wanted way back when in the 80's. I don't have a problem with it, as he appears to have done it via the legal avenue.

Welcome back, Billy. I guess your revenge is complete.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

He is way behind Steven Seagal , that guy has more passports than Jason Bourne

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sneer....love that old boy....

Thought he was dead for a decade once.......glad to get him back 15 years ago......

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm happy at least somebody did their paperwork and followed the laws I've been expected to follow since birth- but why did it take fourty years, and how did he get away with it?

I've got questions.

What do you mean, "...how did he get away with it?" Get away with what? If the US is anything like Canada, you can get status as a Landed Immigrant and there is no deadline on that forcing you to become a citizen. Being a Landed Immigrant means you still have to pay taxes, but I can't vote however. I can go to school, work, all that. Just not vote and can't get a Canadian passport. I suspect the US is similar.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I imagine he was curious if he was alive at the time as well.

I remember a time at Madame Wongs...........

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

A lot of E.u countries will give you a passport if you have between 500.000+ and 2 million to deposit in the country or buy a property

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Ah, yeah. I forgot about that bit of a work around. Probably the same in Canada and the US. Good to be ultra-rich, yes?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeah, go Billy.

I had a tooth fixed once and I could actually pull off the Billy lip move.

You guys shoulda seen it.lol

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

I will never know
unless someone working at the bank makes a mistake , but with my luck

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So all those 37 years while he was living in New York, working and earning $50 million of US money, without citizenship, he was legal?

Doesn't that seem like a double standard on the part of those who let him stay yet prosecute and deport the poor?

edit on 18/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

((((!!GASP!!))))

Actual 'white privilege'!!!?????

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: chr0naut

((((!!GASP!!))))

Actual 'white privilege'!!!?????

Apparently it was very specifically a "white" wedding.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

and you

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So all those 37 years while he was living in New York, working and earning $50 million of US money, without citizenship, he was legal?

Doesn't that seem like a double standard on the part of those who let him stay yet prosecute and deport the poor?

Idol no doubt contributed millions into the Economy, rather than living off the system and taking tax payer money. But still I get your drift on the matter, up until recently no one in Gov really pushed the idea of doing or saying anything about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Idol no doubt contributed millions into the Economy, rather than living off the system and taking tax payer money. But still I get your drift on the matter, up until recently no one in Gov really pushed the idea of doing or saying anything about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPopularity

Probably somewhat true about his contributing a couple of million back into the economy. However, I'm fairly sure that, if one examined the books, he took 'fiddy' out.

Regardless, I don't think he did anything wrong in that.

I also am fairly sure that the other immigrants, who are being declared as illegal, would be just as happy to have the capability to contribute back a ratio of their incomes, too.

The thing is that the current American population is aging. This means that they are also retiring from work in greater and greater numbers, becoming dependent upon the government to provide for and pension them.

Not only that but these retirees were once the business owners. With no-one to pass their businesses to, they will have to wind them up. That also means that the jobs of working in those businesses go, too, leading to no work, no workers, no trade and no commerce.

Where will the money that America needs to support such an aging population, come from? Who will be the workers? Who will provide the work?

I'm sure that you can see why isolationist policy, in the foreseeable future, is actually a slow motion national disaster.

edit on 18/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join