It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it America's responsibility to make El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala a safe place?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I don't think you know how freedom works.

We imported those people freedom.

Yep. Just like we did in Iraq! Damn! We're good at this!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It is out responsibility to make the rest of the world civilized, yes.

Sorry, but I have seen much of the culture around the world. 98% animal only 2% Civilized Human Entity, 1% sentient (ATS =D)

We'll get to them eventually, no worries. We are just cleaning up China and Russia right now, South America and Africa are next. Make some popcorn.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
It is out responsibility to make the rest of the world civilized, yes.

Sorry, but I have seen much of the culture around the world. 98% animal only 2% Civilized Human Entity, 1% sentient (ATS =D)

We'll get to them eventually, no worries. We are just cleaning up China and Russia right now, South America and Africa are next. Make some popcorn.

A little off topic, but this totally reminded me of a friend. He is a vegan, (seriously diehard vegan, no leather clothes etc)
he was visiting a tribe in Africa. They offered him a cup of calf's blood. (seriously how hilarious is that) He was really put on the spot, but declined it much to the offense of the host.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Ahhh, you've been to the UK too, huh.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Mason's keep that stuff in their fridge. Or is that orphaned children?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We should do a cost analysis.

It's not our job to fix any other country, but it might be in our best interest to work with them economically, security wise and healthcare and infrastructure wise. Why do people migrate from countries to ours or Europe or any good country?

We'll always have migrants, and it costs a lot to keep them out, to process them to give asylum etc. If we just worked with other countries on some common sense solution, we could save a lot of money and a lot of conflict.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And we fix that how?

Sending money to corrupt governments only perpetuates the problem.

Are you suggesting we invade and "liberate" the countries?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

People migrate because they see a successful country. Unfortunately, they often bring the reasons why their own countries are failures with them.

If they will not assimilate and adopt a successful cultural mindset, then over time, our own countries also become more and more like the ones they left. Right now, the US does not enforce assimilation. It will be our downfall because we are importing the sh1thole mindset and culture to dilute our own.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Good video, nice plot twist at the end, I guess some thought "so let´s take up more!" at the beginning. A good example how wrong something can be on the second look.

Wish more people would take a second look.
edit on 13-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I would rather have 600 extra $ than accept more intervention.

We could just legalize the contraband and the cartels will be gone, they'll actually go corporate.

That way the govt can make tax $ and not have to tax me and since no military was needed I can save half a month of rent.

Sigh.... lol

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And we fix that how?

Sending money to corrupt governments only perpetuates the problem.

Are you suggesting we invade and "liberate" the countries?

Gain money by taxing legalized cobtraband.

Stop intervention, save more resources, allow market to adjust to new system.

So no one loses anything that isn't rightfully theirs, we all gain economically, and the Drug war killings end as capitalism revitalizes post-war economies.

Win win win

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Didn't we help El Salvador and Nicaragua in the 80's?

I think we did some pretty bad stuff down there in the 50s and on. Check out... might help understand what I'm talking about, add this with CIA and not a good picture, but hey its been 50 plus years so who knows...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Nah, America should actually stop trying to mess with every other country.

It has never been the world police and a whole lot of nicer places (and some less nice) don't appreciate being dragged down to the level of the neighborhood thug.

I agree. Let's leave NATO.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

It has never been the world police and a whole lot of nicer places (and some less nice) don't appreciate being dragged down to the level of the neighborhood thug.

Do you think that will stop the US from trying to be/run NATO?

edit on 13/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Do you think that will stop the US from trying to be/run NATO?

Why would it, if its not part of NATO anymore and can/has acted unilaterally.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
That's an excellent documentary.

I've watched it before.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yes, I believe in a Global One world government and a human race that is unified.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, there is a little thing called the Monroe Doctrine. It was intended to keep Spain from reclaiming territories in the Americas, but it essentially established that we would consider any invasion or attack on an American nation an attack on the United States.

But like so many other barriers and walls, it failed to recognize that the biggest threat to the US will always be from within its own borders, not from an external enemy.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Luci0033
Yes, I believe in a Global One world government and a human race that is unified.

Unified how? Under what culture?

How do you reconcile all the different cultures of the world into one coherent whole?

The answer is that you don't, not without a lot of brutal repression and a lot of blood.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you go to another country the end of the world or apocalypse has already been happening for decades

We are shielded from it but for how long?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join