It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have veto-proof majority in California

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
perhaps they are veto proof but they are not fireproof

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: LedermanStudio

The state's governor is a Democrat. No "vetos" required.

California is now known as a Democrater - very few actually escape! It's like quicksand but with higher taxes!!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

That is probably considered a great victory for "democracy" on the part of the Democrats. They have succeeded in creating a one party state and from that there is probably no return.

Better yet, as we all have seen over the last 50 years, as goes California, so surely goes the rest of the US. Your future is tyranny of a majority, basically a one party bannana republic.

Id say this is Le Grande Experiment...lets see where Cali is in 4 years.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It will be interesting to observe. I surmise; it will lead to many laws passed on misguided compassion. It’s the Achilles heel of the left.

Then again, they suffer so many natural disasters it might bring in a new order.

If I could maintain my present quality of life and live there, I would. But I’m not ready to downsize to that level, especially when you consider the known and accepted risks.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow, this is great! I'm sure all of California's problems will be solved now! There's no way if they continue their leftist policies and agendas that things will continue to decline and get worse.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

the voting population in cali actually asked for MORE democrats after what's been happening there?

Holy cow.

Yes because as nuts as he was to a lot of us, Gov. Moonbeam actually did curb some of the worst leftist impulses.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

What, there's a caravan of people exiting California?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Day one of legislature....
1. Pass Fart Tax(AKA Pass Gas Bill)
2. Implement 150% tax on moving out of state.
3. Make entire state a sanctuary

edit on 13-11-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58

Ashhole (too soon?).

edit on 13/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: lordcomac

My guess is that over the course of the next 50 years, as the US devolves into a one party (Democrat) country, you won't even be allowed to have a car of your own. You will be crammed onto mass transit, ever wary of being stabbed to death by some nutter. The Democrat model is the UK and you can see your future in London.

Most British have left London, even the Cockneys. Everyone moved out to beyond the M25, what was intended to be a circular freeway going around London. What was once Middle and working class housing for families is being converted into HMO's for a transient population of international workers from Eastern Europe, asylum seekers and refugees. And they wonder why the crime rate is rising.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Maybe if enough people leave the state housing prices will go down to affordable levels.

Though I doubt it.

Yeah we definitely want those that voted for all this over the years to spread to other states...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Like the GOP had on the federal gov't for how many years now? They stonewalled Obama every chance they got and had 2 years with Trump. What did they accomplish policy wise? Tax cuts for the rich forever, while the rest get 10 years? Still at war in the Middle East with no sign of return? Spending billions of tax payer dollars to set up camps to store immigrants in? Separating children from their family and screwing up the whole system in the process? Losing track of kids as young as 0? Deploying the US military on US soil to stop a caravan that was almost 1000 miles away all for a political stunt just before the mid terms?

Yeah, the GOP is god awful and I'd vote anything that will dethrone them. Funny enough, I don't like the DNC for all the obvious reasons but I'd vote Democrat all day over Republican and I don't see that changing anytime soon because I don't see the GOP and it's awful base changing anytime soon either.
edit on 13-11-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Democrats typically bring more regulations, and I doubt more regulations will benefit the rapidly growing homeless population.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
how many justice democrat's took office and how many real progressive candidates replaced hardline corporate dem's in cali?

anybody know?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeppermintButler
Democrats typically bring more regulations, and I doubt more regulations will benefit the rapidly growing homeless population.

I'm sure they'll get right on passing a flea tax to help pay for the typhus problem.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Interesting report. The same is happening around about many US cities as well. Many cities here have become, for all practical purposes, no-go-zones for the "born in the US" (BUSA) population.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I am rapidly coming to the point that I dont vote for either party in the Federal election positions. I do vote for the State positions and when I do, I vote my wallet. The Federal goverment is really pretty much dead to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Cool,

They can perform their dream and drive all their businesses to Texas!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Cool,

They can perform their dream and drive all their businesses to Texas!

And those businesses will import their prog employees who will proceed to vote the same way they did in California, having learned nothing at all.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join