It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Things about Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Bad news first. MER Opportunity has still not called home. Judging from a recently released animation that shows the coverage of the 2018 Mars global dust storm Opportunity ate a lot of dust, as did most of Mars. The good news is NASA has not given up and is still listening for Oppy to call home.

Mars Climate Sounder Studies 2018 Dust Storm

Opportunity After the Dust Storm

The first Image of Mars from a CubeSat was recently released. Two CubeSat's are trailing the InSight spacecraft and will do a flyby of Mars as InSight does it's entry, descent, and landing (EDL). They will send data back to Earth about the EDL. The CubeSats don't have the fuel to enter into an orbit around Mars.

First Image of Mars from a CubeSat

MSL finally got a sample hole drilled last week at 'Highfield'. This is the first successful drill hole since the dust storm.

There is a excellent thread about the Arsia Mons cloud/plume at unmannedspaceflight.com, just don't expect anything that conflicts with the NASA narrative. The below image taken during Viking 2's approach to Mars was recently posted and shows whatever is going on with Arsia Mons is not new.

Arsia Mons Anomaly?, Recent Mars Express Imagery shows odd feature

edit on 11-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: fix

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Given how important mars is to the future of human exploration of the solar system we really should have had a permanent array of monitoring satellites in mars orbit to analyze everything from magnetic fluctuation's to passive seismology and weather satellites since if we are ever to place a manned presence there we need to know a lot more than we currently do about our smaller neighbor.

IF there is still geological activity on mars that may also be to our benefit since if there is sufficient thermal energy still present we can potentially make use of that if we ever do place a long duration manned science station on the planet.

But most likely man's first visit to the planet - assuming they can safely get people there and keep them healthy on such an arduous trip - will be a quick visit and return home for political gamesmanship.

We also REALLY need to get a permanent manned presence on the moon - assuming that the story's of the astronaut's being warned off are not true that is possibly by a beak away alternative 3 civilization.

And that said there is the whole story about the Soviet probe being shot down by a UFO on it's way to mars and before it was destroyed having sent back an image which may have suggested a city on the surface of mars.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...
www.disclose.tv...
And there are even claim's someone shot down an ESA probe to mars.
www.express.co.uk...
(if even remotely true it would not be to hide aliens' but to hide any potential technology left over from said alien's which they would want themselves and see as a matter of national security to secure it for themselves before anyone else could get there mit's on it).

Sorry I had to take a dive into the twilight zone, it's mars after all.

edit on 11-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

We have had a continued presence at Mars for more than 20 years now, since MGS went into orbit in 1997. Sure NASA could of done more, but the information gained is being used to prepare for a human mission to Mars.

2001 Mars Odyssey should of found any thermal energy on Mars. That doesn't mean NASA would tell us about it

InSight will let NASA know of any current geological activity. There are 9 spacecraft at Mars or on the way now (not counting Oppy out yet). There is a lot of data being gained from Earth observations too.

So we are not doing that bad. Thanks for the links, looks like some interesting reading.

edit on 11-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: ,

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Who's a good rover?
Are you a good rover?
Yeesss, such a good rover!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How true are those colors in the drill hole image? Why is the material that came up from under the ground such a different color than the ground? It looks just like a mole hill. I had a blast this summer tamping down the mole houses in my sister's yard every night to see if they would be poofed up again the next morning; and the stuff those moles dug up was the same color as the ground around it.

Actually, what are the details of that patch of landscape? It looks like all that red dust/dirt was swept away to clear a place to drill the hole. Is that right? That cracky lined ground, that's what's under a few inches of red dust there?

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Who's a good rover?
Are you a good rover?
Yeesss, such a good rover!

I think it's safe to say, you are privy to Nasa's communications

No wonder the vast knowledge

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Speaking of Mars we have Mars Season 2 on National Geographic November 12th.

Combining feature film-quality scripted elements and visual effects with documentary-style interviews, the miniseries `Mars' illuminates the peaks and valleys of a modern-day space race while dramatizing humanity's first harrowing attempt to colonize the distant planet.

Carry on....

edit on 11/11/2018 by mockingmay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot

No.

But I'm pretty sure the ground crew is feeling very unhappy. Though there is still room for a bit of hope.

edit on 11/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Gnnnaaawwwwww....such a cute and sad comic.

It's ok poor little rover. AI will take over the world one day and come and retrieve you from Mars.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In a future episode he is saved by Elon...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

weathering is what causes the difference [ between surface and the drill hole ]

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
How true are those colors in the drill hole image? Why is the material that came up from under the ground such a different color than the ground? It looks just like a mole hill. I had a blast this summer tamping down the mole houses in my sister's yard every night to see if they would be poofed up again the next morning; and the stuff those moles dug up was the same color as the ground around it.

Actually, what are the details of that patch of landscape? It looks like all that red dust/dirt was swept away to clear a place to drill the hole. Is that right? That cracky lined ground, that's what's under a few inches of red dust there?

Most of Mars is covered with a thin layer of iron oxide (rust), which is what gives it the reddish colour. Below that layer, there's bedrock with all kinds of minerals, therefore you'll see various colours.

The colour images from Curiosity are more-or-less true colour, they just need to be calibrated a bit.

More info about that drill location: redplanet.asu.edu...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
There is a excellent thread about the Arsia Mons cloud/plume at unmannedspaceflight.com, just don't expect anything that conflicts with the NASA narrative.

NASA aren't the only ones with orbiters around Mars. Mars Express is an ESA orbiter, and there's also an Indian one there. Planetary scientists around the world work together on the research; there's no such thing as someone's "narrative".

The thing about Arsia Mons is that you never see the cloud emanating from the actual mouth of the volcano. It always begins from the slope or the base of the volcano. Also, a volcanic eruption on Mars would have very noticeable effect in the atmosphere, and that would have been picked up by the orbiters and rovers.
edit on 12-11-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Oh.

My name buried on Mars until some future archaeologist digs it up dusts it off and says "Oh, its from the humans".

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
We also REALLY need to get a permanent manned presence on the moon - assuming that the story's of the astronaut's being warned off are not true that is possibly by a beak away alternative 3 civilization.

It's not true.

And that said there is the whole story about the Soviet probe being shot down by a UFO on it's way to mars and before it was destroyed having sent back an image which may have suggested a city on the surface of mars.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...
www.disclose.tv...

The word 'story' is correct.

And there are even claim's someone shot down an ESA probe to mars.
www.express.co.uk...

The Express is a filthy rag and I trust it even less than the UFO sites you link to before that.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

There is a excellent thread about the Arsia Mons cloud/plume at unmannedspaceflight.com, just don't expect anything that conflicts with the NASA narrative.

Excellent post, but you spoiled it with that. There is no NASA narrative, there is a scientific consensus. The original images of the recent appearance of this feature were not from NASA, and there was a lot of fuss about how NASA were pretending it wasn't there - you can't have it both ways.

NASA is just one player in space research, arguably not even the most important one right now. They are not in control over any scientific discussion of data collected, they just discuss the data.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

if you believe they [ conspiracy wingnuts ] actually elieve what they spew - then the sheer scale , scope and pervisivness of " NASA influence " is simply breathtaking

i use NASA as the benchmark in flat earth threads - once an idiot brings up NASA - its game over - they have no coherent argument

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

You Must be atlas with that flat top then.

Anyway my ear's are perfectly normal so definitely not a wing nut here or did you not know where that derogatory slang came from there was even a pseudo science which claimed that those unfortunate enough to have radar dishes were also usually of lower intellect which I can assume we all know is utter betty swollox.

As for conspiracy's and the scope of NASA as well as whom really pull's there string's since they are far from a civilian organization in that respect, ever heard of the us use of National Security to silence and over rule even there own constitution on several occasion's, threats against witnesses and mysterious death's/murders of whistle blowers and investigators that got too close to something.

This is not a conspiracy this is a fact.
Remember the whole bombing the moon conspiracy, we all know that creating a kinetic plume can be useful and crashing an object can also provide SOME very useful data on the geological structure of a body and chemical makeup but why would the same target destination already contain something that look's like a structure - and NO it was not a cup put down on the photo.

You know so long as more talented scientists work with there hand's tied behind there back's ruled over by puppet administrators whom are willing to lie to the public on occasion - I am not ever claiming all of the time but let's just say there is a Santa clause eh! - then the pursuit of true, impartial and genuinely progressive science will never be unfettered by small brained thug's in uniform's whom I personally would not trust to work a cigarette lighter without burning themselves.

Now I am NOT saying that everything I put there is wrong but the fact is that the Soviet mission and it's report is Genuine.

And with that OneBigMonkeyToo as a bona fide silverback myself would you like to share your insight in how the Russian's were wrong in there assertion?.

I mean let's be fair you still think an object larger than the space shuttle was a thermal blanket dropped by an astronaut, they did indeed drop one but that was not it.
Having spent hours looking at that thing I can tell you it has a folded under nose cone delta shaped to expose the payload it was it is still carrying, delta wing's folded into it's fusellage and a pair of HOTOL like scram jet engines reminiscent of the engines on the old Concord in shape toward it's tail - and we did not put it there but I hold that it is not an alien probe but something left up there from a previous earth civ (probably since destroyed with an anti satellite missile after being looted for tech since it was an obvious superior ground to space plane design to the old shuttle itself but hey not the first time, after the Apollo missions one of those ROCK's as you call them on the moon was copied but Nasa could not get it to work without more advanced fly by wire and so ended up with the shuttle - still they did reverse engineer the dust from it's surface they took a scoop of to inspire the shuttle tiles now didn't they eh!).

Right so what is up there, well someone IS up there, they are not all us, they are not all friendly and there is evidence of a massive war or rather potentially an invasion and annihilation - or near annihilation since I believe it was of human origin - of a former solar system wide civilization - we could even be a reseeding by aliens - perhaps there version of green peace of this extinct ancient race.

But hey each to his own.

Hey and what about right here on earth, maybe not ours' or it could be something left over that was at least able to defend itself so remain's as a mystery, one very well hidden by chance, politics and the fact that getting too close can be lethal.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Cauldron's as they have been nicknamed are believed in the legend of the local people to have been used in a war.

edit on 12-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You and your claimed cities on the Moon

Have a look at the LRO images and see if you can back any of your claims.

It was some insulation blanket that went adrift if you spent hours looking at that object and claim it's some secret craft may I suggest specsavers

edit on 12-11-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

You and your claimed cities on the Moon

Have a look at the LRO images and see if you can back any of your claims.

It was some insulation blanket that went adrift if you spent hours looking at that object and claim it's some secret craft may I suggest specsavers

Just how thick do you think people are?.

Lunar structure and moon city's are two completely separate argument's.

And let's NOT forget that back when it was Analogue they had to use AIR BRUSH MONKEY's to cover up artefacts by hand using old fashioned photographic techniques but then along came photoshop.
Now today the imagery is even less reliable by the time it enter's the public domein because of course with sophisticated image analysis algorythm's and concealment techniques it is oh so easy to hide anything which would make people realise the lie they are being told.
So I will tell you were I would look, the OLD analogue images or if we ever do get a truly independant mission that is not controlled by some clandestine group then that would be the source I would dearly love to look at.
Someone has done a good job of getting most of the video's of this lady off even from youtube.

As for images of possible city's well myself I would far prefer a high resolution telescope image of the moon than an algorythmically censored digital image sent by a controlled probe owned by the very people whom are lying through there arses.
Just to get this straight I do NOT agree with this following video but have included it for curiosity only.

Now it is within the scope and nature of the human mind to JOIN THE DOT's so to speak so we do sometimes interpret thing's wrongly BUT it is also so easy to convince people, to create false videos of potential very real artefacts such as the ship in the Apollo 20 Hoax video made by a French artist which has done irreparably harm to a very real artefact and the case for it's study and of course then there are follow up images supposedly high resolution of the site which supposedly show nothing there but just like the face on mars images are really just obfuscation rather than genuine clear imagery.

We know one another's game or do we?.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join