It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mnuchin says Iran's Central Bank to be cut off from global system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The U.S. Treasury has somehow got the world money system (SWIFT) to start blocking transactions from Iran !!

POW with a double punch.

Iran having more trouble than they "bargained" for 🎃

Like they say: Oils well that ends well

Mnuchin says Iran's Central Bank to be cut off from global system

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Thursday that the financial messaging service that moves money around the global banking system will be cutting off Iran's Central Bank.

"I understand that SWIFT will be discontinuing service to the Central Bank of Iran and designated Iranian financial institutions," Mnuchin said in a tweet. "SWIFT is making the right decision to protect the integrity of the international financial system."

The decision by SWIFT means Iran's Central Bank will be cut off from the international banking system and will cause significant economic pain, observers say. The move comes as the US tries to squeeze Iran with a slew of sanctions and economic measures that administration officials say are meant to make the regime change its behavior.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well. That is one way to not make friends. Who is it really hurting? The Iranian government or the people under their rule?

I think this is an uprising in the making. The Iranian gov should be very worried.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Strange.
Iran's Central Bank is not part of the globally connected ones under the IMF
Isn't that the issue with Iran , anyway ?
May be the complete cut of money flow that is coming from an IMF's globally connected Central Bank to businesses in Iran ?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Looks like they’ll need some freedom pretty soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I think this is an uprising in the making. The Iranian gov should be very worried.

Saw this posted elsewhere. Add the bank cutoff and who knows how hot it will get.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Wasnt one reason for the pallets of cash being dropped, because Obama 'couldnt' transfer the money?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Looks like they’ll need some freedom pretty soon.

It actually looks like the Iranian peoples need it for once. Might be the first legitimate U.S. action since WWII. Extremists are in control no doubt. We actually owe them a favor from when we thrust the Shah on them after taking out one of their true patriots. The Brits owe them for it too.

Mosaddegh 16 June 1882 – 5 March 1967) was the first prime minister of free Iran. He was an Iranian politician and the head of a democratically elected government that was removed in 1953 by a CIA-backed coup,[4][5][6] holding office as the Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 until 1953, when his government was overthrown in a coup d'état orchestrated by the United States' Central Intelligence Agency and the United Kingdom's MI6.[7][8]

An author, administrator, lawyer and prominent parliamentarian, his administration introduced a range of social and political measures such as social security, land reforms and higher taxes including the introduction of taxation of the rent on land. His government's most significant policy, however, was the nationalization of the Iranian oil industry, which had been built by the British on Persian lands since 1913 through the Anglo-Persian Oil Company (APOC/AIOC) (later British Petroleum and BP).[9]

Many Iranians regard Mosaddegh as the leading champion of secular democracy and resistance to foreign domination in Iran's modern history. Mosaddegh was removed from power in a coup on 19 August 1953, organized and carried out by the CIA at the request of MI6, which chose Iranian General Fazlollah Zahedi to succeed Mosaddegh.[10]

While the coup is at times referred to in the West as Operation Ajax[11] after its CIA cryptonym, in Iran it is referred to as the 28 Mordad 1332 Coup d'état, after its date on the Iranian calendar.[12] Mosaddegh was imprisoned for three years, then put under house arrest until his death and was buried in his own home so as to prevent a political furor.[13][14][15] In 2013, the U.S. government formally acknowledged the U.S. role in the coup, as a part of its foreign policy initiatives. [16]

Link

edit on 8-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson
a reply to: Gothmog

Wasnt one reason for the pallets of cash being dropped, because Obama 'couldnt' transfer the money?

Part of the reason

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I thought the Iranian people were almost in control of their government. The were rioting and causing more trouble than U.S. Democrats, over the Summer.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i am a news junkie and even i am having trouble keeping up with all of this , its like as soon as the left gets a plan to scream at trump for his last action he does two more things to keep them off balance , should we start monitoring saudi troop movements in the area near iran? because i dont see the iranians taking kindly to this and the new Israeli saudi egyptian alliance has been calling for irans head for a while now and this may just get iran to pull something in hormuz edit to add lol put iraninian instead of Israeli
edit on 8-11-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Aren't Iran one of the last to not have a Rothschild Central Bank? Maybe them and North Korea?

The game is almost won.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

What did iran do exactly... I wonder

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The U.S. Treasury has somehow got the world money system (SWIFT) to start blocking transactions from Iran !!

Somehow.

Mnuchin is Trump cabinet, former Goldman Sachs and part of the Rothschild circle, ain't he? And the Fed (central bank) is also Rothschild. And the central bank of the central banks is also Rothschild. And US Commerce head honcho is a former Rothschild attorney, Ross.

It's all connected and it's all the same group of people and their puppets and yet you throw in a 'somehow' in there... as if this hasn't been discussed and linked a million times on ATS.

Somehow. I'm still laughing.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Great point !!

It's all my fault 🚬💨

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

What did iran do exactly... I wonder

I have no idea at all 😎

I'm strictly an amateur 🤷

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

On Wednesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told BBC Persian that Iran's "leadership has to make a decision that they want their people to eat. They have to make a decision that they want to use their wealth to import medicine, and not use their wealth to fund" destabilizing activities in the region."

Yeah! Governments should use their wealth to take care of their people, not to destabilize other countries. Wait, what?

"The removal of Iran's central bank from Swift along with other Iranian banks implicated in terrorism, nuclear and missile proliferation, as well human rights abuses will cut the regime's access to the global financial system," said Dubowitz. "This will reduce their options to barter trade or sanctions busting. Treasury however has left open humanitarian channels that the regime should use to deliver food, medicine and other goods to the Iranian people."

Well, I guess Iran's leadership doesn't have to make that decision after all.

A spokesman for Swift declined to comment on individual institutions and provided CNN with a statement issued earlier this week, following the re-imposition of sanctions on Monday.

"In keeping with our mission of supporting the resilience and integrity of the global financial system as a global and neutral service provider, SWIFT is suspending certain Iranian banks' access to the messaging system," the statement said. "This step, while regrettable, has been taken in the interest of the stability and integrity of the wider global financial system. Our mission remains to be a global neutral messaging provider."

I see, this was done in the interests of stability, integrity, and neutrality ...

Speaking to reporters last week, Mnuchin said Swift could face penalties if it failed to cut off designated institutions. "Swift could be subject to sanctions," Mnuchin said. "Swift is no different than any other entity."

... or because we bullied them into it.

The move comes as the US tries to squeeze Iran with a slew of sanctions and economic measures that administration officials say are meant to make the regime change its behavior.

I think that behavior is called "living." I'm sure that once we kill a million or so Iranians we'll find their behavior more acceptable.

Is it just me or does it seem like pro-war propaganda articles are easier to see through these days? I suppose that's what happens when you neglect your education system. We have a serious shortage of good writers in this country.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Iran will just use the one that Russia and China use, Swift will be the looser.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Iran's cut from SWIFT is the result of the year long manipulations by the EU against Iran with delusional promises from Brussels burocrats !

top topics

join