It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contacting Executives when Customer service is really reeeealy bad & Holiday shopping

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Don´t you have a number to call to lock the credit card? This would have been my first reaction.

They are the company that has the credit card, (the store and credit card are the same it's a store card) I have to call them, there is no one else to call!
That was my first reaction. I spent 6+ hours on the phone, and then another half hour on hold. Isn't that enough?

So after 7ish hours doing what I did and not getting anywhere, please do tell me what you would have done?

edit on 9-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
risnews.com...

According to Bloomberg News, Macy’s was hit with a proposed class-action lawsuit that accuses the retailer of being “lackadaisical” for failing to safeguard customers’ personal information and waiting almost a month before notifying them of the cyberattack.

Key word is “lackadaisical”

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I'm not the type of person that is like "Can I talk to your manager" ...

That makes one of us. If I'm buying, they're flying.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Write a letter to them that has to be signed on arrival that includes all the information.

I´m not bashing you, mind you. But I think something in your communication went wrong if something arbitrary like locking a CC has to take that long.

It´s something that can be done in seconds. So either everyone you spoke with is utterly incompetent, or you failed to communicate the following wish:

"lock my creditcard XYZ013001, NOW".
The rest is cross-checking if you are indeed the owner.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Write a letter to them that has to be signed on arrival that includes all the information.

I´m not bashing you, mind you. But I think something in your communication went wrong if something arbitrary like locking a CC has to take that long.
It´s something that can be done in seconds. So either everyone you spoke with is utterly incompetent, or you failed to communicate the following wish:
"lock my creditcard XYZ013001, NOW".
The rest is cross-checking if you are indeed the owner.

I'll give you just one little portion of what happened.

Keep in mind this is after already talking to two reps that barely could speak English that didn't comprehend what I was trying to say! I am pretty good at understanding a thick accent too, so this is just not acceptable. I then talk to another one that needed to speak with my husband, so I hang up. (I am "authorized user" not the main account holder, so they told me that he would have to be on the call before they could help me) I get that and don't have a problem with it.

My husband and I are both on the call. The person says what is your name, account #, last four digits of your SS#.
He goes on to explain that our account has been compromised. After a hold they transfer us to another department. The person says what is your name, account #, last four digits of your SS#. Asked what happened with the account. He says "my wife is on the phone, she can tell you".
The customer service rep says it is against their policy to do conference calls!!! Husband says I am the one that saw what happened and that he is the main account holder and they asked he call. My husband is in disbelief, and the rep checks to make sure she can't help, looong hold. She said they are sorry but it is against their policy to have conference calls, and we would have to call back, on a single line. (have you ever heard of that?) We asked for their fraud department #, she gives us the same # that we had been calling.

So keep in mind while this is happening, the thief is still trying to buy stuff!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So, did your husband call them, after you were told they don´t make conference calls with such issues?

I guess not. Why not?

Your statement is a bit confusing as you leave out brackets and it´s not clear if your husband tried to phone back.
edit on 9-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes, He did call them back, and went through that whollllllllllle thing all over, (I'm assuming there are different call centers with different tiers and you have to go through the tiers or something)
then he gives the phone to me (see, it's ok to talk on one phone, but not a conference call I guess), and I had to give them my info and go through the whole thing, they had me explain what happened online.
After I go into detail, they said they need to transfer me, yes again! Finally transferred to the actual fraud department (I assume).
I wonder if Macy's store and Macy's credit card isn't really merged/can't talk to each other thus the need for all the transferring.

By this point, several items were already charged to our card and the thief was trying to get expedited shipping. The lady I spoke with at the fraud dept was actually OK, she spoke English and knew what was going on. She told me what to do with the passwords. I should have known not to hang up, but I had to be somewhere.

Unfortunately, after I hung up, it didn't work. The passwords and security questions were being overridden.
I am busy working. I think since they have all my information I could just use their online chat instead of calling and waiting, and being transferred, of course not!
Just FYI, online chat is worthless, you have to call, and every time you call you have to go through the labyrinth.

Just read some reviews of Macys they are very similar experience:
www.trustpilot.com...

The most bed experience for customer…
The most bed experience for customer service!!! Didnt help me never!!! Was canceled my order online 4!!! Time, and didnt answers for easy questions- thye??? I call 3!! Hours for custom.servise, but dont have ANY help!!!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
1 review

Published Thursday, November 1, 2018
Every order I place online they…
Every order I place online they cancel!! I am forced to call them which sometimes have took an hour to answer because they're having a "busy day." This fraud protection/verification process is ridiculous. Macys will have one less customer and one less platinum card holder! Such a terrible inconvenience for me to have to call every single time to "re order" my online order. I have lost numerous items because they become unavailable. Macys is terrible!!!

The representative sounded like he had no idea what he was doing.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Did you, at any point in the phone call say "Lock this card"

Or did you went on how to gain access again? It is very important.

It´s also common to not do conference calls with two people that only one is the legal customer. It´s a liability thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Did you, at any point in the phone call say "Lock this card"

Or did you went on how to gain access again? It is very important.

It´s also common to not do conference calls with two people that only one is the legal customer. It´s a liability thing.

Yes, that was our main concern, locking the card, we were told only the fraud dept could handle that. I even told them I didn't care about using it I just wanted that person to not be able to buy more, and have the charges corrected. At this point, I just want everything canceled (which hasn't been done) The card has been canceled, but the account isn't closed or locked.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I can´t fathom that, here we have a general number where you can get your cards locked, from CC to EC/debit cards.

It literally takes seconds, it´s a 24/7 hotline. Had to do that one time after my wife called me from a phone booth that her purse was stolen. Not 5 minutes after the call, I had all cards locked.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: sputniksteve

As smarmy as your post is, it's TRUE. Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow.

Macy's customer service is lacking, no one should have to spend 6+ hours on the phone, and then another 30 min to be told they can't help. I'm not the only one either;

www.consumeraffairs.com...
I'm not alone, Almost 1400 complaints!!!

Ok. Knowing how customer service works (since you dont) you're not the only one calling in for reasons. If you waited 6 hours, did you ever stop to consider you're in a queue and there are people ahead of you in line? And did you ever stop to consider maybe, just MAYBE, they are also short staffed? So many factors to consider but your only thought is me myself and I. Look, I get it. I am a customer AND I work in customer service. There are other avenues you could explore like online chat, email, SMS service. Also, you're using a credit card. There are inherent risks you take using those things. Bottom line is, your bank WILL take care of you first and foremost. Fraud is a serious thing to them. It affects their bottom line.

In any case, I sure hope you never have bad days at work or experience someone like you on the other end.

I like you. I enjoy your posts but on this one I have to disagree. You never even once considered your being on hold for six hours, how do you think the people on the other end feel? Seeing a queue that's 6 hours deep. Perspective. And stop using credit cards.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Ok. Knowing how customer service works (since you don't) you're not the only one calling in for reasons. If you waited 6 hours, did you ever stop to consider you're in a queue and there are people ahead of you in line?

I just want to clear up some confusion. Please don't assume I don't know customer service, as I worked in it for many years. I go out of my way to not be a jerk to cs as I've been on the other side. What we have here is a company that is simply inept, ill prepared and basically put their customers at risk and then didn't have capable employees to handle the aftermath. We are talking basic basic customer service.

btw.... I wasn't on hold for 6 hours straight, I was on hold 6+ hours cumulatively with around 10 different calls and transfers. (I talk about it in the thread multiple times)
I did online chat, they could not help me and told me to call. (but the funny thing is there was a wait to even get a response on chat). My problem wasn't necessarily with the hold times so much as is was their total inability to help do some simple things in addition to the hold times:
-Freeze/cancel the the store credit card
-Stop the guy from buying more
-Stop the guy from shipping/picking up the items he already purchased with my store card
-Fix my email, number & passwords that were being changed
-credit my account for what the guy already stole

I do not blame customer service reps. If they can't speak English, that is not their fault it is the company that hired them. I know the problem also lies with how the management has structured it and what they allow or don't allow each rep to do. My problems have still not been fully corrected, hence the need to escalate.

Also, you're using a credit card. There are inherent risks you take using those things

The credit card I was using was through them, it is their store card. If they can't provide a safe shopping experience they shouldn't offer a card.

edit on 9-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ok. Knowing how customer service works (since you don't) you're not the only one calling in for reasons. If you waited 6 hours, did you ever stop to consider you're in a queue and there are people ahead of you in line?

I just want to clear up some confusion. Please don't assume I don't know customer service, as I worked in it for many years. I go out of my way to not be a jerk to cs as I've been on the other side. What we have here is a company that is simply inept, ill prepared and basically put their customers at risk and then didn't have capable employees to handle the aftermath. We are talking basic basic customer service.

btw.... I wasn't on hold for 6 hours straight, I was on hold 6+ hours cumulatively with around 10 different calls and transfers. (I talk about it in the thread multiple times)
I did online chat, they could not help me and told me to call. (but the funny thing is there was a wait to even get a response on chat). My problem wasn't necessarily with the hold times so much as is was their total inability to help do some simple things in addition to the hold times:
-Freeze/cancel the the store credit card
-Stop the guy from buying more
-Stop the guy from shipping/picking up the items he already purchased with my store card
-Fix my email, number & passwords that were being changed
-credit my account for what the guy already stole

I do not blame customer service reps. If they can't speak English, that is not their fault it is the company that hired them. I know the problem also lies with how the management has structured it and what they allow or don't allow each rep to do. My problems have still not been fully corrected, hence the need to escalate.

Also, you're using a credit card. There are inherent risks you take using those things

The credit card I was using was through them, it is their store card. If they can't provide a safe shopping experience they shouldn't offer a card.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. Maybe it's an outsourced call center? Those people are merely warm bodies, unable to do much of anything.

I apologize for assuming your background.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The poster is literally the worst type of Human being. Still continues to justify her own outrage over her fail.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I also do not understand how you can be subscribed to a credit card unknowingly.

And if so, at the point where you get the credentials, why not lash out on them an cancel it ASAP. Don´t you pay rates on credit cards for the loan and a monthly fee?

I use cards for payment, too but it´s debited from my bank accounts, without any interest rate or fees. I only subscribed to a prepaid credit card so I have some backup in case my bank card isn´t accepted or I run out of money during travel, for whatever reasons (sickness, robbery etc)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I also do not understand how you can be subscribed to a credit card unknowingly.

You sign up for the card with the store.

And if so, at the point where you get the credentials, why not lash out on them an cancel it ASAP. Don´t you pay rates on credit cards for the loan and a monthly fee?

This is what my whole post is about, the store/cc are one in the same. It's a Macys store and a Macys card. The store credit cards don't charge anything unless you carry a balance (which I don't do). The purpose of using a store cc is that you get some additional savings and rewards that you wouldn't get otherwise. Some people use it for large purchases and they will spread the payments over time and pay the interest.

You get a cc from Macy's and you can only use that card there. If you have a problem you have to call them directly.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Yeah, I agree with all of that. Maybe it's an outsourced call center? Those people are merely warm bodies, unable to do much of anything. I apologize for assuming your background.

We cool!

I guarantee 100% it was outsourced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join