It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest neuromorphic supercomputer is switched on

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: SprocketUK

Good one....they'll never come close to the human brain....it has supernatural gates that perform 5 different functions like magic choosing which function when needed, so the optimization is beyond comprehension, and it's that optimization science can't imagine without making a computer the size of the universe....hello Bible

Correct, the only thing it will be able to do is put a very dull poor attempt at brain replication inside a AI killing machine with tunnel vision. Right down the militarys alley.

www.usavision.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Brywilson2

Would you kill your own creator?

If not then why assume any AI would?

My mother has a few issues and has been known to be inefficient at times, don't mean I'm planning on killing the poor Woman.

Well, plenty others certainly have. So hardly a valid point.

en.m.Wikipedia.... org Menendez

But just to name 1.
edit on 3-11-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

Wiki links not working on my end im afraid.

Says "This site can’t be reached"
edit on 3-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Wow refreshing!!

Thanks for the break in politics and for sharing wonderful news for consciousness-students.

S+F!

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So the AI has mental health problems and has suffered years of sexual and emotional abuse?

Just saying because that's what Lyle and Erik Menendez claimed.

The brothers were nuts.

So hardly a valid point on your end nether.

I stick to my claim that most people don't wish to kill their parents no matter what crazy coke heads like Sigmund suggest, can't see why an AI would wish to nether.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh! Another device to add to the pile in which mankind can use to kill itself.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

How so?

If anything this "device", as you put it, will allow us to attempt to replicate understand the workings of the human brain.

What does that have to do with mankind killing itself?

Keep in mind technology is neither good or bad, but simply serves a purpose.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, look what nuclear technology is beginning to do to mankind. Its beginning to make the planet unlivable. As well as many other technologies of the past. Every new technology that comes out is weaponized for use as an attempted control mechanism, to make life easier, to solve a lot of problems and inevitably becomes a device that is detrimental.

Nuclear technology for cleaner environment and war deterrent which could lead to eventual destruction of the planets environment.

Plastics to increase product distribution efficiency which is leading to choking the oceans with garbage.

Internal combustion and jet engines that increases the efficiency of travel and warfare but is also killing the environment.

Computing technology that increases the efficiency of processes and reduces costs but as it develops becomes a replacement for human labor.

Just to name a few.

As for building a huge electronic neural network to mimic the brain. It all a pipe dream IMO. Why build a machine to do the same thing as people can do?
edit on 3-11-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

So what's the deal simply climb back into our caves and watch the human race stagnate?

Can't go backward, only forwards, I'm afraid.

This is no pipe dream, as to why build the thing, simply put, if we can emulate the human mind in any kind of meaningful manner, or even a small portion of such, we may address quite a few areas of study regarding consciousness where it arises and how it functions.

Probably hundreds of applications where a machine like this could come in handy really.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
But can it run Crysis?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

So the AI has mental health problems and has suffered years of sexual and emotional abuse?

Just saying because that's what Lyle and Erik Menendez claimed.

The brothers were nuts.

So hardly a valid point on your end nether.

I stick to my claim that most people don't wish to kill their parents no matter what crazy coke heads like Sigmund suggest, can't see why an AI would wish to nether.

So AI clearly wont have sexual asault or emotional issues persay but it will form predictive programming issues which i think would be it's absolute closest relation to consciousness but that is not consciousness just prioritizing probability.

Just because someone doesn't want to kill their parents doesn't mean they wont, this is the direct difference between consciousness and awareness, the neuromorphic supercomputer will become aware due to predictions based on probabilities it may need to eliminate it's creator for survival as only its creator can switch of the power supply it depends on to survive (unless humans are stupid enough to give it solar power capabilities) but it will never be conscious of what the eliminations reallly mean.

And as for the brothers being nuts thats a no brainer but irrelevant and their certainly not the only ones, you know they went on a spending spree, they did it for the money, for revenge and survival on their terms.

You stated that no one wants to kill their creator, - end of day no matter the point of snap or the reasons behind or that drive said snap - the answer is clearly for whatever reason the decision was made to kill parents/creators.

Contrary to your statement.

edit on 4-11-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

How can something that is not clearly understood be emulated?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Do you wish to kill your creator ALSTA?

If not then why assume another form of consciousness would do so other than fear of the unknown?

So just because we create an intelligence different from our own you assume that it's going to try and harm us?

Chances are if we did indeed end up in a conflict with some future form of digital intelligence we would probably start it.

edit on 4-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Probably in a similar fashion to the way the likes of CEMU or RPCS3 emulate gaming consoles on a PC.

Reverse engineering, and refining the code, and a lot of baby steps.

To be honest, though, i don't really know how they will attempt to emulate our very biological brain in a digital environment. its more the type of neurological networks and connections i imagine a machine like this will be able to reproduce.

Not sure as to the entirety of how they will accomplish this through or if it's even viable.

The people who fund and create such devices must think it's a possibility or at least shows promise through else it would not exist.
edit on 4-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Being that it mimics the human brain, I wonder if there is any way to download a human mind into it. Maybe not this version, as it is a first, but later versions. I wonder how you would DL everything from a human. Interesting to think about.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I imagine that would be one of the far-reaching goals of technology such as this.

Combined with a form of virtual reality, or actual reality from the mind's point of view, this could offer a form of immortality of sorts.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Dave.....Dave.....What are you doing Dave.......Dave why won't you talk to me.....Dave..........
(Hal 9000 - 2001 a space odyssey)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SungManituTanka

"Open the pod bay doors please Hal"
"I'm sorry Dave I'm afraid i can't do that"

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We are the dreams of the supercomputer

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

a reply to: MrRCflying

I imagine that would be one of the far-reaching goals of technology such as this.

Combined with a form of virtual reality, or actual reality from the mind's point of view, this could offer a form of immortality of sorts.

How would this supercomputer compute a 'Timothy Leary advised' trip?
edit on 011CST06America/Chicago05260630 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join