It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant pterosaur sported 110 teeth and 4 wicked fangs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Not necessary a giant compared to others but it is a new genus/species which will be named during the 75th annual Society of Vertebrate Paleontology conference in Dallas; which I think is this month ? This toothy critter was not a soarer like others because it actually had short wings. However it was evidently successful until the climate changed and the Oasis dried up.

A little more than 200 million years ago, a four-fanged pterosaur flew over the vast desert of Triassic Utah snagging other reptiles with its toothy mouth, until it met its untimely end on the banks of a dried-up oasis, new research finds.

The pterosaur had a massive wingspan of about 4.5 feet (1.3 meters) — about as wide as a 10-year-old child is tall — and sported a total of 110 teeth, four of them inch-long (2.5 centimeters) fangs, said study researcher Brooks Britt, an associate professor of geology at Brigham Young University in Utah.

This is just one find along with several other critters which were unknown/discovered at the dig sight..

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
thanks!
I love this stuff. dinosaurs are always cool.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Only mildly disappointed.

Because it was current events, I wildly thought someone had actually seen one alive.

But discovering the fossil one is cool too.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Cool find, this critter sounds like jaws with wings.

It goes to show how diverse prehistoric fauna was, and given it was from the triassic, it could change paleontology a little. I just hope the naming of said critter is not left to the public, Beaky Mctoothface isn't a dignified title.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The original vampire. LOL

God I wish I had a time machine!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This can't be real

It's on Fox!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The pterosaur had a massive wingspan of about 4.5 feet (1.3 meters) — about as wide as a 10-year-old child is tall —

Massive wingspan? Seen bigger Chickens.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
The original vampire. LOL

God I wish I had a time machine!

Yep but one must consider when we arrived and stepped out of the machine it would would be entirely possible for us to become somethings meal. I would want my own environmental pod with air conditioning and a super filter which insured I could breathe the air without some no-see-um infecting me and consuming me from inside out..Otherwise it could be fun for all involved...except for maybe any specimens we collected..

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
That's an amazing find. I have always believed humans crossed over with dinosaurs for a period of time. I then see something as huge and menacing as this and wonder how we would have dealt with it.

What a period of time that must have been.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Pretty cool......and vicious looking.

An artist's interpretation of the newfangled pterosaur snacking on a primitive crocodylomorph known as a sphenosuchian. Credit: Josh Cotton

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

LOL fine, ruin all my fun!

How about just sending back something like the mars rover, so we could get pics and videos of all the cool dino's on land and air?

Nobody gets eaten that way!

top topics

join