It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The horrible bus stop accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This story is just heartbreaking.
Driver charged with reckless homicide in crash at school bus stop that killed identical twin brothers and sister
abcnews.go.com...

I just wanted to put this out there for all the parents and grandparents.
There is absolutely no excuse why these little children should have to cross that busy highway road to board that bus. They either need to be picked up on the door side of the bus or somewhere that is safer period.

Years ago one of my kids was being dropped off on a very busy road (it made no sense where they were being dropped off) so I called the bus company and complained that it wasn't safe and they made a slight change to the route and dropped her off at a much much safer place. I think too many parents are afraid of calling!

I'm not saying the woman driving the truck is without fault, but if you look at how they were getting on, it was an accident waiting to happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If I see a school bus stopped,sign out and flashing lights,I stop
my car.This accident should have never happened,that truck
should have stopped!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is heartbreaking.

That house will be deadly silent .

Is it wrong to feel sorry for the perp?

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You saw my bus rants at the beginning of the year when they had kids on two sides of a very busy road at our bus stop and the driver seemed to think one side or the other needed to cross?

Yeah, none of the parents on either side stood for that. This is why.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
indeed a horrible nightmare tragedy which should never have happened. I don't understand the situation that requires the children to cross the highway to board the bus either. When I rode the bus, we not only had flashing lights and stop signs that extended from the sides of the bus, we also had a person with a flag, usually an older student that got off the bus and walked with students as they boarded the bus.

Not the best solution either, and perhaps would not have prevented this tragedy but at least be proactive in order to prevent these situations. I live on a street that has both city bus and school bus stops, its a boulevard with two lanes on each side and a middle divider. Not required to stop for the city bus, but both sides must stop for school bus. Most drivers are aware of this but have seen many blow past, some even drive around the bus. People on cell phones and others just in too big of hurry. No tragedies yet, thankfully, prayers for all these families
edit on 10/31/2018 by DJMSN because: correction

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
one kid aged 9 (flip it) and two twins aged 6
Occurs on Halloween

Signs of sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Naw, hope not
But possible in a spiritual war......kiddos crossing a lane....just say no, it's not inherently safe....uh uh.oh hail no

I'm a construction and crane safety officer...type
edit on 31-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Ridiculous, and as you say "flip it" and it's actually 6 9 9 so, doesn't work. And it did not occur on Halloween, it occurred yesterday, per the article so nope.
edit on 10/31/2018 by DJMSN because: addition

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
one kid aged 9 (flip it) and two twins aged 6
Occurs on Halloween

Signs of sacrifice.

Just ridiculous..you can't honestly believe BS like this right?
Hell you flip the 9 and ill flip the 6 now your silly numerology theory is ruined.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Is it wrong to feel sorry for the perp?

If it turns out the stop arm was out which according to the article it was then yes it is 100% wrong to feel sorry for the perp.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
indeed a horrible nightmare tragedy which should never have happened. I don't understand the situation that requires the children to cross the highway to board the bus either. When I rode the bus, we not only had flashing lights and stop signs that extended from the sides of the bus, we also had a person with a flag, usually an older student that got off the bus and walked with students as they boarded the bus.

Not the best solution either, and perhaps would not have prevented this tragedy but at least be proactive in order to prevent these situations. I live on a street that has both city bus and school bus stops, its a boulevard with two lanes on each side and a middle divider. Not required to stop for the city bus, but both sides must stop for school bus. Most drivers are aware of this but have seen many blow past, some even drive around the bus. People on cell phones and others just in too big of hurry. No tragedies yet, thankfully, prayers for all these families

People not paying attention while driving and little situational awareness. Just seeing a school bus means you need to slow down and pay attention. Absolutely no excuse for this accident other than the driver just not paying attention.

Not too long ago, I was on a two lane road in my town and stopped behind a school bus with the arm and stop sign extended. The cars in the other direction were stopped waiting on the kids to cross the street.

Some idiot in the on coming lane decides he is too important to wait and literally tries to drive around all the stopped cars so he can keep going. Thankfully, the lead car saw this fool and engaged in a bit of road rage/aggressive driving to block his path.

Running school bus stop signs is a common problem.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

wow after watching that video my grandson will never ride the bus. Ill get up and drive him to school if I have to.

Scary stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Isn't that terrible! It happens all the time, some areas are much worse than others.
The car rushing through the inside lane was the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

School bus driver = worst job!

You get to deal with brats all day and then stupid drivers
and as a bonus you get to clean up trash and vomit in your bus!

new topics

top topics

join