It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian drops out of MT senate race endorses rosendale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
helenair.com... .html

BILLINGS — The Libertarian candidate in Montana's U.S. Senate race threw his support behind Republican Matt Rosendale on Wednesday in response to an election mailer from an unknown group that appeared aimed at undermining Rosendale's support among conservatives. Rosendale, Montana's state auditor and insurance commissioner, is in a tight race against two-term Democratic Sen. Jon Tester, with the balance of power in the closely divided Senate potentially at play. Libertarian Rick Breckenridge has virtually no chance of winning. But his participation has threatened to peel away votes that might otherwise go toward the Republican and boost Tester's chances next week. The mailer comes two days before President Donald Trump plans to hold a campaign rally in Bozeman supporting Rosendale - the president's fourth visit to the state and an indication of how much the White House wants to unseat Tester. Trump has blamed the Democrat for derailing the nomination of his first choice to head the Veterans Affairs department.
tester had been up by 3 points in the polls so this may be enough to swing montana senate red which would all but ensure republicans not only keep but extend their senate majority so as my state does not make the news all that often thought i would post this as i know people are eagarly awaiting the midterms as each respective side hopes theirs holds on to or gains power

one more snippet it seems that the democratic canidates were attempting to smear rosendale again with a mailer sent out

Breckenridge said in an interview that he doesn't know the source of the mailer, which promoted him as a "true conservative" and claimed that Rosendale supports using drones to spy on private citizens. He said it appeared to be an attempt by so-called dark money groups to influence Montana's election and that he's decided Rosendale is the best candidate to stop such efforts. Federal election laws require campaign materials to disclose their funding source. "The reality is I'm only going to get 3 or 4 percent of the vote, and he (Rosendale) has the character to combat this issue," Breckenridge said. "I'm standing in unity and solidarity with Matt to combat dark money in politics."
the Libertarian apprently does not like all the dark money flowing into the state and how the democrats have been running almost non stop adds on all forms of media lately in a last dash to keep tester in power

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.realclearpolitics.com... another link as i like to be thorough

The endorsement came as a surprise to other Montana Libertarians, according to Andrew Forcier, a member of the party from Columbus. Forcier said it was distressing for a Libertarian nominee to get behind a Republican candidate and that Breckenridge had never made a personal investment in the campaign to demonstrate his seriousness. “From my standpoint, Rick just wanted media exposure, and this is his way to get it,” Forcier said.
so that's real clear politics take on it

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Saw this earlier, lets hope they unseat Tester!!! Go red!!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123 i am seeing a few left wing media outlets saying this is false but every one else is saying its true reason.com...

If this were true, it would have been pretty significant. The Libertarian Breckenridge has been polled beating the spread between the nearly evenly matched major party contenders. Indeed, in 2012 a different L.P. candidate did beat that spread between Tester and losing Republican Denny Rehberg. But as Breckenridge clarified in a phone interview this morning, it is not true. The reporter on the original tweet misunderstood the meaning of Breckenridge declaring he had more trust in Rosendale on a particular issue bugging him this week: the use of political "dark money" to send anonymous mailers; in this particular case, one slamming Rosendale for wanting "to use drones and patrols to spy on our private lives," while seeming to endorse Breckenridge as "a true conservative" who "opposes government intrusion into Montanans private lives." "No, I am not dropping out" Breckenridge says, though he grants he used the word "endorse" to reporters regarding Rosendale over Tester, but only on the issue of rooting out dark money, which this anonymous mailer has now made personal to him.
i cant see this confirmed any where else so if any one can find sources id be interested in them as literally all other sources say he dropped out and endorsed rosendale

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Patagonia has thrown their hat in the race for Tester. It's on their homepage.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

top topics

join