It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Targeting Birthright Citizenship With Executive Order

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
Trump wants "U.S. Citizen" to actually mean something. When I was a cop were were instructed never to use the term. Using it would elevate some over others, when anyone here enjoys all the rights whether citizen or no. We weren't supposed to say resident either, because that implied that locals were more important than the homeless population. It was "individual."

I'd like to get rid of birthright citizenship altogether. The only automatic citizenship would be for honorably discharged veterans. I'd require a citizenship test and a clear criminal record. I'd restrict the 2nd Amendment to citizens only, same with jury duty and voting.

I'd also go with an English Only law, modeled after Mexico's official language rules. If you're going to live here, you need to speak enough of the language to talk to emergency responders.

Citizenship doesn't mean anything in the eyes of the lawyers. I'd fix that.

see, it could always be worse than Trump

Good for you...move to a country with a king or a dictator.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Arnie123

You do not have to love and respect the country to be a citizen. Give me a break.
Who cares, that's what I what. Patiotism still exist, I'm a nationalist so I'm all for love and respect of MY country.

Tough cookies, nobody cares about when you want if it's a "by any means" circumvention to achieve it.

I say again -- there exists a process for amending. EOs are not it. THAT should make any "patriot's" blood run more than a little cold to ponder in place of that process.
Tell that to barry 😏

Oh and I care what I want, because, I GOT WHAT I WANT 😌

MY POTUS, Repubs in power, you got nothing, keep grasping yo.

Ah, I see. The Constitution then ultimately means nothing to you and your rights at the end of the day, it's just something to control others with, when it suits you. Never mind the legitimate process, let's go balls to the wall and let the amendments be applied and retracted at the whim of any given president's itchy EO finger, actual legitimate process be damned.

Some patriot you are.
Really? It means nothing to leftist, but suddenly it matter whens conservatives talk about it? Lol, give me a break Nyiah, you hold water for leftist and expect us to drink from it, keep your koolaid to yourself.

Libertarian, actually. You'll have a harder time finding a Libertarian that supports changing the Constitution through single-man EOs than you will a Republican.

Tread carefully. Your authoritarian slant is showing.
Sure, like everybody else 🀐 , psst, you're spilling water 😌

My, my. Aren't we sour over getting caught being the farthest thing from Republican today?
Oh, salty are we? I stated what I wanted and also what I WANT which I recieved 😌

Don't throw your ill lifes choices at me because you can't get what you want. Caught? Far from or close enough, who cares? Lol

Let's be clear here.

You do not care if an EO is the origin point of a Constitutional Amendment addition, alteration or retraction. The established process of legally changing the Constitution doesn't mean anything to you, you would rather it be in the hands of ONE person. ONE.

That is not how Democracies, or Republics work. GTFO here.
Cool story, if it pisses you off, Awesome.

One final question, because the answer will be telling either way.

Should the Constitution even exist as a document, period?
Really 😐

Ugh...πŸ˜‘

You're no libertertian, you're an emotional wreck. We're done here.

link   
a reply to: luthier

If leftist had their way, we'll be in one.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I'm all for it.

Well luckily the supreme court won't be.

If they are say goodbye to guns.

link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

ya, let's do that, let's see just how happy the conservatives will be with the changes that are made to their gun rights!!!

it would be easier, and less detrimental if we left the constitution alone and just changed the laws, make it so that having a minor that is born in this country doesn't make it so that you are a legal resident and not open to deportation. but, then you will more than likely be left with some kids with no one to care for them, which costs money, along with an outcry similar to the one we heard when the effects of the policy of separating children at the border was made known.

link   

a reply to: luthier

If leftist had their way, we'll be in one.

Lol, so you have to get your dumb idea in faster than their dumb idea.

Cool well we still lose America.

edit on 30-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
...The only automatic citizenship would be for honorably discharged veterans...

I got bad news for you boyo, your man Trump has already deported all the illegals that were honorably discharged from the US military....

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You do not have to love and respect the country to be a citizen. Give me a break.
Who cares, that's what I what. Patiotism still exist, I'm a nationalist so I'm all for love and respect of MY country.

Tough cookies, nobody cares about when you want if it's a "by any means" circumvention to achieve it.

I say again -- there exists a process for amending. EOs are not it. THAT should make any "patriot's" blood run more than a little cold to ponder in place of that process.
Tell that to barry 😏

Ah, I see. The Constitution then ultimately means nothing to you and your rights at the end of the day, it's just something to control others with, when it suits you. Never mind the legitimate process, let's go balls to the wall and let the amendments be applied and retracted at the whim of any given president's itchy EO finger, actual legitimate process be damned.

Some patriot you are.
Really? It means nothing to leftist, but suddenly it matter whens conservatives talk about it? Lol, give me a break Nyiah, you hold water for leftist and expect us to drink from it, keep your koolaid to yourself.

Libertarian, actually. You'll have a harder time finding a Libertarian that supports changing the Constitution through single-man EOs than you will a Republican.

My, my. Aren't we sour over getting caught being the farthest thing from Republican today?
Oh, salty are we? I stated what I wanted and also what I WANT which I recieved 😌

Don't throw your ill lifes choices at me because you can't get what you want. Caught? Far from or close enough, who cares? Lol

Let's be clear here.

You do not care if an EO is the origin point of a Constitutional Amendment addition, alteration or retraction. The established process of legally changing the Constitution doesn't mean anything to you, you would rather it be in the hands of ONE person. ONE.

Really 😐

Ugh...πŸ˜‘

It's a simple question, why not answer it instead of beating around the bush?

You've already made it clear the president should be able to change the Constitution to his satisfaction, so answer the question -- should it even exist in the first place? I'll give you a little clarity here -- if an EO can alter the document, an EO can dissolve it.

Be careful what you wish for. Unless that's what you actually want.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

What if Trump's next move was to get rid of Presidential term limits and decided that the Presidency was a lifetime position. Would you support that?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: efabian

the supreme court doesn't "fix" anything. they just decide weather a law or policy is constitutional or not and if it's not they will kick it back to where ever it came from telling them so, and maybe, just maybe might include some suggestions as to changes that might make it acceptable.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Tell that to barry 😏

Some patriot you are.

Let's be clear here.

Really 😐

Ugh...πŸ˜‘

You've already made it clear the president should be able to change the Constitution to his satisfaction, so answer the question -- should it even exist in the first place? I'll give you a little clarity here -- if an EO can alter the document, an EO can dissolve it.

It's good to find out who actually loves America and the constitution and who is just the opposite of the thing they hate, rather than someone who understands the constitution and the philosophy it lays out.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I totally agree we need a better imagination policy.
But I dont believe location should determine citizenship.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker Constituion has been misapplied. Notice to the high sounding new wording As opposed to β€œanchor babies β€œ.

edit on 30-10-2018 by Logarock because: N

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dawnstar

I totally agree we need a better imagination policy.
But I dont believe location should determine citizenship.

And to add and educate. It doesn't matter what one person thinks.

Our representatives are supposed to debate what each region has to say about it.

That is how we avoid tyranny.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What if Trump's next move was to get rid of Presidential term limits and decided that the Presidency was a lifetime position. Would you support that?

Jesus Xcalibur, you are going to give me nightmares.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Trump is wrong here.

It states rather simply in the 14th amendment. . .

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

-Wiki

Sorry Donny, but you'll lose this fight.

Maybe its time to explore the legal process to update the Amendment.

As much as I'd like to see this amendment done away with, the only way is via constitutional convention, and no way in hell I would support letting the children in Congress get their hands on it.

Unfortunately we are doomed to remain the only modern civilized nation with birthrite citizenship.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Tell that to barry 😏

Some patriot you are.

Let's be clear here.

Really 😐

Ugh...πŸ˜‘

It's good to find out who actually loves America and the constitution and who is just the opposite of the thing they hate, rather than someone who understands the constitution and the philosophy it lays out.

Isn't it? It's good to know who'd be willing to burn the house down to kill a spider versus just fixing the problem.

I see the Constitution for what it is -- a fluid guiding document. It can be changed, following the proper route to change it with enough support. But to advocate a lone individual tweaking it to his personal preferences is a wide open door to a despotic environment.

I have no problem trying to change the Constitution or it's Amendments to suit modern America better if it has enough support to go through the proper process.

I do not support wanton changes by just the president themself. That completely undermines the point of the Constitution and is about an anti-American as it gets.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

That's the whole damn point.
He does not have the power to do that.
Checks and balances.
Much ado about nothing

link   
a reply to: tovenar

I'd restrict the 2nd Amendment to citizens only, same with jury duty and voting.

and then you can restrict taxation to citizens only also.
no representation, no taxation!!

link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Trump is wrong here.

It states rather simply in the 14th amendment. . .

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

-Wiki

Sorry Donny, but you'll lose this fight.

Maybe its time to explore the legal process to update the Amendment.

As much as I'd like to see this amendment done away with, the only way is via constitutional convention, and no way in hell I would support letting the children in Congress get their hands on it.

Unfortunately we are doomed to remain the only modern civilized nation with birthrite citizenship.

Uh. No. There are many others. Including our neighbors up north.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join