It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This person claims to be a vampire, and has made a website about it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com

claims to be a vampire...what do you guys think? Is she tellin the truth or just looking for attention?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
From what I have read of the site, it appears that she believes that vampirism is a medical problem which she would prefer not to have.

The site is well written and straightforward, and appears to me to be like many other 'Medical illmess' sites around the net. Maybe the name 'vampire' (with all the 'undead' connatations) is the wrong name for her to use for her 'illness', which she states as being a physical one as opposed to a psychological one.
Her 'Misconceptions' and FAQs pages are definitely worth reading with regards her own 'vampirism'.

ID

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here are a few quotes (in no particular order) from this sites frequently asked questions section of www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com.

Can vampires make other vampires?
The jury's out on this one. Some people say you can, some people say you can't.

Is it true that vampires _____ (insert here: are harmed by crosses, running water, garlic, daylight, etc. or are immortal, don't eat, can fly, shapeshift, etc.) ?
In short, no. Basically, if you read it in a book, then it's pure fiction.

When vampires Drink, do their teeth get longer? Do vampires have fangs?
Nope. Most vampire teeth are pretty normal looking. Some may be rather sharp though. Some people have longer teeth than others, but not 'fangs' like in the movies.

Is vampirism an illness? A virus? A disease? A genetic defect? Some fluke DNA? Spiritual? Another species?
All good thoughts really. Honestly, no one knows for sure.
How can I tell if someone is one? Would I notice something different? How can I find them?
In short, you most likely would not be able to tell.

What I get from glancing over this site is that vampires, by their definition, have no physical differences from humans, therefore making them… human. Based simply on these few, simple questions it appears as though these people have absolutely no evidence that they are vampires or that vampirism exists. I am not saying that as a result of this site we can close the book on vampires; however, no evidence yields no truth. As is the case with many Paranormal and Cryptozoological cases people often want something to be true so badly that they blind themselves to all facts against it. In my opinion that this is what has occurred in the case of those running www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
No the person is not a vampire, there is no evidence that this person is a vampire.

Facts would be better, but you never know-lol.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have good Idea that this is all a psychological thing. She wants to believe there for she become what her mind eye sees, even though she openly expresses her not wanting the disorder. Some of the symptoms sounds like depression.

But you never know.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Morale of the story is, there are a lot of sick minded people in this world.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
WARNING FOR WHAT? AND BY WHO? NOT THAT I CARE. Just CURIOUS. saying something about Jews? I can care less with all the anti black anti Russian talk you bitches say all day on this forum. That's my mood. How you like them apples.

It asks about Israel and I gave the world's opinion and mines so you improve on what you do.
[edit on 25-2-2005 by Asia Minor]

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
how do you like them apples

its better if you have a problem to U2U the Mod that issued the warn rather than throw a fit on the thread

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
from what ive read and looked at on that site it just seems like a site with a community of people who believe there vampires and some of the stuff is mental i think as you think your sick so you are sick or you think your a vampire so you are a vampire. Some of the stuff could all be in the mind but then again idk i like to keep an open mind about everything

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i think its just an illness and i don't think it should be called vampirisim cause a vampier is undead and i dont think these people are undead

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If there are people actually advertising vampire fangs, then there is obviously a market for it beyond Halloween. I think females with fangs look sexy. To have real teeth that are sharp might be a different story. Of course a good dentist can help to desharpen teeth if they get too sharp. As with all other unproved but popular legends or stories, there seems to be a following of dedicated people. This new line about energy vampires is something I never heard before though, especially where they claim that anyone could be a vampire and not even know it.
I may be sucking the energy out of people reading this thread and not even know it. Is that scary or amusing?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
From what I gather vampires are bottom feeders the lowest form of a demon in theory. So no i really do not think she is a vampire or that any exist (at least on Earth). I have been to www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com a long time ago to see if I could figure out some dreams I had, It is a cool site!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I always thought zombies were the lowest form of demon, they are all

-moooooaaan- -groooaaan-

and vampires have the ability to speak, and actually understand stuff rather then blindly eating flesh.

Heh, sorry. Horror movie knowledge..>_>

top topics

join