It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Mushrooms Are Closer to Legal Medicinal Use Soon- Research Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
I feel like they helped make me a less #ty person and more positive about life in general. Wouldn't recommend for everybody without proper research into effects beforehand and supervision and stuff.
They can be terrifying and intense.

On a more general note. Mushrooms and fungi are amazing. They're probably some of the coolest forms of life on the planet. Not quite plants, not quite animals, probably the most prolific form of life on earth apart from microorganisms, just about every forest has mass networks of mycelium that run below connecting trees and plants together passing nutrients and electrical signals.

They can be used for food, to clean oil or even breakdown plastic and of course we have beer because of them.

For the love of god....LMAO....MUSHROOMS as a cure-all???....how about that?....well now I am interested....in no ways willing....but interested.....lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

psilocybin has an abuse potential

OCD repetitive consumption causes massive overdose flinging the consumer into the furthest depths of reality. The consumer is then out of their depth a thousandfold.

Taking a dose, not feeling an effect, then taking another dose only to have two doses hit together dramatically is another way to go beyond.

Speaking only of the Liberty Caps common on the Island of Britain.
www.first-nature.com... One to eight is a sufficient dose for anyone. I've seen eight lift a farmer out of depression for a year, then he had some bad news and slipped back. The depression seen amongst sheep farmers was the result of compulsory sheep dips.

There's some blurble here, www.irishmegaliths.org.uk... alluding to the fact that Irish women used to eat magic mushrooms and sit it stone sweat lodges learning wisdom.

An Irish fairground fighter told me when he was a child some of the old folk would give the children liberty caps.

The Irish are Europe’s happiest people, according to a survey out Wednesday.
www.politico.eu...

I recommend nothing.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Everything you wrote is total #e...
Fear mongering fool.taking even 10 liberty caps us micro dosing, u feel next to no effects.
30 and u get light effects.
And as far as being able to abuse them it's not fkingpossible, u take then the next day and they have no effect, u have no experience and have prob got ur info from frank, tube.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Everything you wrote is total #e...
Fear mongering fool.taking even 10 liberty caps us micro dosing, u feel next to no effects.
30 and u get light effects.
And as far as being able to abuse them it's not fkingpossible, u take then the next day and they have no effect, u have no experience and have prob got ur info from frank, tube.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Look at "Ayahuasca" There is a retreat in Orlando. Take the kids to Disney™ and You take a trip and when You "get back" You'd never go to Disney™ again... hahahahaha

Isn't that why '___' isn't legal?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
More crap for science to screw up. What they can't quantify simply doesn't exist in their minds. Nothing in nature is straightforward and recreatable in the lab. Yet they do try and do lie.

Just like with Cannabis they try to boil it's effects down to single quantifiable molecules, main ingredients. Psilocybe mushrooms can have vastly varying effects regardless of psilocybin levels. But science must ignore this and treat all the world like vodka where the percentage of one lab creatable ingredient is the final determination of its effect and usefulness.

I dont know a lot about shrooms, why one farmer's will send you tripping to the moon off a gram and another's you could eat an a gram or an ounce or a pound and feel barely effected, but with Cannabis it largely boils down to the symbiotic relationships with bacteria and yeasts; the varying populations that different strains attract through their unique exudates (this is why a sweaty forehead smells different than a sweaty armpit, different exudates). This is also why chemically fed hydroponic produce largely has no flavor or nutrition, microbes are responsible for most secondary metabolites.

Let's hope to God they don't start putting useless denatured magic mushroom extract in an e-cig with disgusting fake flavors like they've done with "medical marijuana".
edit on 29-10-2018 by Prene because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Good.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite."

quote: William Blake

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

The times I've tried it have been small and with a group of friends, nothing but interesting experiences from it, if you have been thinking about it, do it. You'll only know when you tried but nothing scary least from my experience nor theirs.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Let the healing begin.

let the degenerates rejoice.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

Let the healing begin.

let the degenerates rejoice.

You may find some inner peace, open mindedness and empathy for your fellow man if you allow your ego to die for a few hours.

But I still love you.

Yours truly,
-A degenerate

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eldemie

Wonderful personal insight - thank you!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

About bloody time its only taken us stoned apes a thousand plus years to finally get it !

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
Fun factoid: Psychedelic mushrooms were completely legal in The Netherlands until 2008. There were no problems until the government used the death of two tourists to say they had to be banned. They didn't perform a toxicology report for one of the tourists. In other words, they lied bowing to pressure from the UN and foreign countries.

The Dutch government seems to be a clone of the US government in many regards. This bit of news you offer makes it likely the Dutch might be following the lead of the US prohibitionists, though the Dutch deserve credit for their rational treatment of marijuana.

I used the mushrooms a number of times in the 70's, and found the experience to be uplifting in every way. I remember bonding with nature, as I used them in an outdoor setting.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I Hope that no one in your circle of friends or family suffers in their future , but you could at least take comfort in knowing that Psychedelics could help them or others to be free from suffering

if you think that drugs are just for degenerates then you are foolish and ignorant

you probably got up this morning and drank a coffee before you started your day !

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Used to know a guy who was into shrooms. Always started a conversation with "hey man" It was hilarious, pretty mellow dude, always used to talk about mushrooms, that or weed. The dude was hilarious like a charter out of a cheech and chong movie in some ways.

But anyways, I seriously doubt and though I have not taken any shrooms that it is the be all and cure all. It may help some people and some not, and some not at all, that's about it and that's about it for any substance out there. In the end it just may end up as another version of big pharma. They all do eventually,

But hey we will see I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join