It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Lifts Handgun Ban - with a catch.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

we'll stop at nothing to kill each other; what a species.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

You can have a hand gun in the Uk legally with no Licence if it is considered a antique and bullets are no longer made for it

I've met people in the UK and think it might be a good thing lol

a reply to: ridgerunner

The video was easy to find with a search for "50 cal bullet misses deer." It looks like the shock wave of the shot killed it dead like being punched by The Hulk. I double-checked and the consensus is he shot the deer and the bullet went in and out of the eye sockets. It's tough because the shooter was right there and ought to know. Discussion here and a video test.

originally posted by: fightzone58

that ring has horrible accuracy over 10 feet. this is my gun of choice at short range. www.youtube.com...

What a beast!

originally posted by: verschickter

I have one of these, they are fun at new years day! Also got a small launcher for bigger calibres such as light effect ammo.

I'd have one too if it was possible. The mini-AK looked good on their website. The close-ups in the video raise serious questions of quality and whether they hire blind craftsmen.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Dang! I could get up a nice Christmas list out of this thread but would pass on the ring gun. LOL!

I'd like the Russian AA-12 Fully Automatic Shotgun with almost no recoil! Awesome!
A .50 cal plus one that's not mentioned a 308 Lapua long range rifle.

Plus a place to actually shoot 1200 yards or so. Those long range guns ain't worth much without a spotter after a certain distance which I have no idea what is, but assume its past 1200 yards.

This guys firing 2 miles with a Lapua but would never hit the 2x2 target without a spotter.
He finally gets it 9min11 seconds into the video.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You have to consider if you manufacture such small items you run into material strength problems. Yes they feel flimsy but to a giant, a normal sized revolver would feel flimsy too.

The tolerances on the hinge bolt for example (and so on). My version has the striking pin sticking out vertical and the hammer hits it from the top. The diameter of the strike pin is around 0.2mm.
edit on 28-10-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I've met people in the UK and think it might be a good thing lol

I read something years ago that the UK was 7-8 times more violent than America when you take away gun crime , because we are packed in like sardines per square mile something like 10 x more than in the states so i will give you that one

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join