It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI witheld exculpatory evidence Papadopolous told their spy no Trump Russia collusion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Just weeks after the FBI opened a dramatic counterintelligence probe into President Trump and Russia, one of his presidential campaign advisers emphatically told an undercover bureau source there was no election collusion occurring because such activity would be treasonous.

George Papadopoulos says his spontaneous admission to London-based professor Stefan Halper occurred in mid-September 2016 — well before FBI agents and the Obama Justice Department sought a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant to collect Trump campaign communications in the final days before the election.

“He was there to probe me on the behest of somebody else,” Papadopoulos told me in an interview this week, recalling the Halper meeting. “He said something along the lines of, ‘Oh, it’s great that Russia is helping you and your campaign, right George?’ ”

Papadopoulos said Halper also suggested the Trump campaign was involved in the hacking and release of Hillary Clinton’s emails that summer. “I think I told him something along the lines of, ‘I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. What you are talking about is treason. And I have nothing to do with that, so stop bothering me about it,’ ” Papadopoulos recalled.

thehill.com...

So reports are (and we dont know if this is true until we see the info) that the FBi failed to disclose to the Fisa court that their spy, Halper, was told by Papadolous that trumps campaign had nothing to do with the hacking or release of the emails.

Now you may say "yeah but the warrant was on Page, not Papadopolous"

Well.

Sources who saw the FISA warrant and its three renewals tell me there is no mention of Papadopoulos’s denial, an omission of exculpatory evidence that GOP critics in Congress are likely to cite as having misled the court.

The FBI officially opened the Trump-Russia case on July 31, 2016, based on suspicions that Papadopoulos had prior knowledge that Russia hacked Clinton’s emails, but it quickly pivoted by early fall 2016 to evidence such as the Democratic-funded dossier produced by Christopher Steele, and Trump campaign adviser Carter Page’s trips to Moscow. The FISA warrant was drafted to target surveillance at Page but also cited Papadopoulos in a section that suggested Russia was coordinating election collusion through Page and "perhaps other individuals associated" with Trump's campaign.

“The truth is, the Papadopoulos predicate went into reversal, but rather than shut down the probe at that point, the bureau turned to other leads like Steele and Page without giving the court a full picture,” one source said.

So they kept sending spies after ol georgie boy here, and he ended up telling them exactly the opposite of what they wanted to hear; that trumps team had nothing to do with the hack.

But instead of telling the fisa court this, they withheld that info and acted as if it never happened.

More evidence of the shadiness of Obamas fbi in going after the trump campaign.

And even if you hate trump, at this point it should be obvious that the Fisa process is broken, and it acts as a rubber stamp to spy on Americans, and the intel agencies cant be trusted to be totally forthcoming with all evidence when presenting to the court.

It needs to be scrapped or revamped in some way that has more transparency.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

it should be obvious that the Fisa process is broken, and it acts as a rubber stamp to spy on Americans, and the intel agencies cant be trusted to be totally forthcoming with all evidence when presenting to the court. 

This use to be the accepted belief not more than 10 years ago, once the shock of 9/11 had worn off and the the Patriot Act was fully reviled for what it was.

... its amazing how fast opions change on such non-partisan issues when they can be used for partisan advantage.

I'd say even most people who defend Trump over these issues are doing it because it affects Trump, not because they are worried it affects themselves.... they really dont care that they can be, and are likely being, spied on themselves; they just don't want to loss a partisan fight.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I just saw George and Mrs. Papadopoulos on HANNITY, along with REAL journalist, John Solomon. George is going after everyone who attempted to screw his life up... Mueller, the FBI, Halper, etc..

But like Carter Page, I think he is going to have to wait until the Spygate documents are declassified.
edit on 10/23/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
FISA courts are a direct assault against the Bill of Rights, and should be immediately done away with......

They cannot stand.......

Our forefathers would be spinning like a lathe in their graves with what we have done with this republic.....in fact......had they the strength and vigor to do so, they would probably take up arms to take it back....

...and not just against "liberals" but all of us who continue to allow this abomination that has tainted our republic that they gave their life, liberty and sacred honor for.......

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

they really dont care that they can be, and are likely being, spied on themselves; they just don't want to loss a partisan fight.

The vast majority seem to not care until it affects them directly, by then its usually too late......

Apathy has given rise to a corrupt gov

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Holy crap, this is nuts! Your post links to a video of a guy called Mr Grambler!!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Holy crap, this is nuts! Your post links to a video of a guy called Mr Grambler!!

Handsome fella too

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I think I’ll hold my breath till this is actually confirmed.
Would be best for you to do the same instead of spreading speculation. Especially since now you have some followers. You don’t want to be “that guy”. Wait till something becomes irrefutable fact then report on it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I think I’ll hold my breath till this is actually confirmed.
Would be best for you to do the same instead of spreading speculation. Especially since now you have some followers. You don’t want to be “that guy”. Wait till something becomes irrefutable fact then report on it.

Thanks for the advice but I will decline

Tell me one news item in the past year you are absolutely 100 percent certain of

I place the kaveat as always that some of the material is from anonymous sources and should be taken with a grain of salt

We have the actual named person of Papadopoulos saying he told Halper this, so there is no speculation on that

The only question is was this statement included in the fisa application

We have seen much of the application and it wasn’t there

So yes, there is a chance it was in the redact portion, but no one including Dems have alleged that

And this could be untrue

But it is being reported and worth discussing in my opinion, remembering that it we should take anonymous sources with a grain of salt

edit on 23-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Hurricane Michael

How ya like them apples!?

I understand you want to be the middle man and yet you still have your very own bias, as we all do. But wait for facts and go from there.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Obama brought Chicago politics to the White House... this is the way things "get done" in the bullet-wound capital of the Midwest.

I am disgusted, but far from surprised...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hurricane Michael

I understand you want to be the middle man and yet you still have your very own bias, as we all do. But wait for facts and go from there.

Again thanks for the advice, but I decline

So none of us can say anything about any of the Russia investigation then?

And if it’s never declassified we must all be silent and not question if there was corruption?

No thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Hurricane Michael

Again thanks for the advice, but I decline

So none of us can say anything about any of the Russia investigation then?

And if it’s never declassified we must all be silent and not question if there was corruption?

No thanks

Well you make a good point I must say.
My only issue arises from constantly being bombarded by others that seem to be only listening to the MSM. That is most likely driving me to ask that you wait for facts.
But I totally understand your reasoning though. And I respect that.

How about I ask that when facts do get put before us peasants that you present them as so? As I am sure you will like always. BTW that is in now way sarcastic. Just me being honest.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Oh I am sincere as well

I appreciate the advice and understand where you are coming from

It’s just there is so much secrecy and corruption in our government if we wait until things are declassified we will never be able to discuss anything

Again, we know Papadopoulos is saying he told Halper this, so I see no problem on reporting on that

If the fisa warrant is declassified and mentions Papadopolous claim here, I will happily correct that

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I am glad that we can come to an understanding like adults. Even though we may disagree often I will still continue to watch your videos.

BTW keep at it man! I think they will pick up steam pretty fast.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I just saw George and Mrs. Papadopoulos

They are a strong unit. I can't help but admire their strength. 💪

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is disappointing.

We deserve better.

The FBI never was even a little Political.

Until Obama stacked the leadership with yes men.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I wouldn't trust George Papadopoulos or his wife as far as I could throw them. What was it he pleaded guilty to? Lying to the FBI? And his wife straight up admitted to lying about her biographical details to the point of photoshopping things provided to journalists. I screenshotted it in case she later deleted the tweet:

That was after a bunch of inconsistencies were pointed out in her claims about her legal career, education, etc.

So I've got doubts that he said anything of the sort in the first place, let alone anything phrased and delivered remotely like this:

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. What you are talking about is treason. And I have nothing to do with that, so stop bothering me about it

Secondly, even if it were 100% true, it's not "exculpatory" though I know that is the word used in multiple headlines about this. The word "exculpatory" means something that tends to exonerate, to prove innocence. Saying, "I wouldn't do that, it's illegal! Stop asking me if I did it!" does not prove innocence. If somebody, aside from my wife and maybe one or two other people, asks me if I'm committing a crime, I'm 100% going to deny it every single time.

Now should it have been noted in the FISA warrant application? Assuming he said it to Halper and it was reported to the FBI (or recorded on a wire), then I would then assume that it would be included.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

wait a woman lied about her age. Well if that standard was used we could no longer believe about 90 percent of them. My gosh you obviously arent married are you?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

this is awkward. See, women don't like to let on how old they are, so they sometimes don't tell the truth on that topic. One day, when you grow up and meet a girl, you will see what we mean.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join